I Think I Broke My Ego!

Hey guys, I'm really frustrated. I know about the burnt and metal taste because of under-dripping the attys but I can't shake this. I always drip 2-3 drops in my atty but when I drop maybe 1 or 2 more in I still get that taste. I just got my eGo 6 days ago and all 4 of my attys seem to be this way now. I take everything apart and clean them (well wiping them down if over filled) and still that same crap. This all just started today. So I deciced to remove the wicks in 3 of the attys and still the same. I think my taste buds are gone from vaping this and I've been trying all day to fix this problem. My batteries are fully charged and I can't figure this out. Please Help!!!! I hate analogs now but I had to go back with 5 days off of them.

Thanks,

SoupNation

The metal/burn taste is usally a sign of a dry atty. Are they LR attys, or regular? They've been working fine for 5 days? And that it would just start, and on all attys. Have you tried different flavors?

You may want to try washing one... blow through it real good, run hot water through it, blow it out and let it dry over night. See if that helps.

Edited by Brian

The metal/burn taste is usally a sign of a dry atty. Are they LR attys, or regular? They've been working fine for 5 days? And that it would just start, and on all attys. Have you tried different flavors?

You may want to try washing one... blow through it real good, run hot water through it, blow it out and let it dry over night. See if that helps.

They are all regular attys. They all worked properly for 5 straight days until this morning. Do I blow thru the treaded end or the open end? I'm still a noob to all of this. Also I have 2 flavors both VG. Both are bad tasting now.

Thanks for the insight!!

I usually blow through the open end while holding a paper towel over the battery end (to catch the juice).

Before washing it with water, you may just try blowing it out real good. Then roll up a small piece of paper towel and insert in into the atty and let it sit for 10-15 minutes to get out all the excess juice. After blowing out an atty, it usually takes 5-6 drops to prime. If that doesn't work, I 'd try running water through it.

Maybe someone else has some suggestions.

Hi, sorry you're having difficulties with your attys. It does read like there was not enough liquid on the wicks at any given time. I blow out through the open end. I have a kleenex or paper towel to catch the drip that will come out of the threaded end. You kind of have to babysit the equipment in the beginning. Eventually vaping, cleaning, charging and maintaining an atty will become second nature. Gluck!

100% VG is alot more difficult to vape IMHO... it's so thick and often times just won't keep up with how fast you vape. Giving you that nasty taste... just a thought. Hope you figure it out, I know how much of a pain it can be sometimes... just stick with it. I will also add that if you finally get tired enough of regular attys... I think you should try some cartomizers and some PG based juice. Sure do work great for myself... and alot of others as well.

You can blow through either end of the atty. I've done it both ways and both seem to work just fine. Whichever way works best for you. I don't usually get that burned taste, but I always drip 3 drops at a time and probably drip more before I really need to. But if I do, it's working for me because I don't get that taste.

I hope you can get things back on track right away. I know how awful it can be. I had a few problems in the beginning, but seemed able to work through things. Luckily I never did have to resort to analogs again.

I wish you the best.

I would agree with Dayvape on the VG. Unless you have a problem with PG, I'd try some, or a PG/VG mix. I've found that going much over 30% VG does tend to bog down an atty. Some will disagree, just gotta find what works for you. :)

I would agree with Dayvape on the VG. Unless you have a problem with PG, I'd try some, or a PG/VG mix. I've found that going much over 30% VG does tend to bog down an atty. Some will disagree, just gotta find what works for you. :)

Cool thanks for the advice guys!!

I ordered a mix this time too. Dumb question, when you drip on the atty where should the liquid go? I aim the the metal part that sticks up. Am I doing it right? It seems to work fine but I don't want to tempt fate and screw this up.

Hey Soupnation--sorry, not much to add to the advice you have already received. It could be the VG clogging things up and burning. hopefully cleaning will work. you can also use compressed air to blow out the atty. just make sure you don't put the straw (nozzel) right up to the end of the atty. leave an inch or so--too much pressure can blow the cover off the bridge.

I usually blow or use compressed air from the battery end of the atty.

Keep us updated !!!

I ordered a mix this time too. Dumb question, when you drip on the atty where should the liquid go? I aim the the metal part that sticks up. Am I doing it right? It seems to work fine but I don't want to tempt fate and screw this up.

It doesn't matter, but I usually aim for the metal part that stick up (the bridge) also. :)

Oh also should I boil? Do I bring a pot to a boil then put it in or just put the attys in a pot and then let it get to a boil?

I would save that as a lost resort. It works well, but can kill the atty.

OK guys I tried everything I could think of today and the results were a negative. I'm so frustrated!! I know your tips work but I'm wondering that maybe its my batteries? I doubt it though. Could some of the juices flow into the battery at all. I tried cleaning that too.

I had to resort back to analogs and let me tell you, IT SUCKS!!!! LOL!! Anyway I ordered new attys and a new battery to see if thats the problem but hey I know it only can get better from now on (well maybe around 4 days from now).

I know this was stupid but I also ordered a Wet Box today from cloudsofvapor.com YAY!! I know I'm a noob and should'nt get that until I'm more expereinced but hey I'm in it for the long haul!!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and maybe you'll have more for me.

Soupnation

Edited by SoupNation

Do you guys think I should try to take the wick and bridge out of the atty too? I saw some youtube videos of that and I was thinking that could help my problem but I'm not sure. I only direct drip anyway so I figured I will give it a shot. I will try it in a little bit.

Do you guys think I should try to take the wick and bridge out of the atty too? I saw some youtube videos of that and I was thinking that could help my problem but I'm not sure. I only direct drip anyway so I figured I will give it a shot. I will try it in a little bit.

Sounds like you have nothing to lose at this point. Let us know the results. :)

I don't see how it could be the battery. It would have to be putting out high voltage to cause that and I'm not sure that's possible with the ego battery.

OK I got 2 out of the 4 attys to work with this method. Thank God!!!! I attempted of removing the wick and then the bridge and was successful. YAY!! Well 50%. Anyway the taste is back to awesomeness and I could'nt be happier. I have 5 attys coming in soon and I think I will do the same with those. I feel I'm a pro now. LOL.

I do have to give credit to Phee303 who has a youtube video. That helped tremendously.

Everyone I want to say thank you for trying to help me out I do appreciate it!! If you guys have more tips just let'em fly!!

SoupNation

I tried once on a low res 901 atty. Not recommended as its so recessed. I started by just trying to remove the wick and like any plumbing project I've done, it "expanded" to bridge removal. I was successful but didn't notice a big difference other than the atty/juice was hotter (not to my liking).

Happy to hear your back in action. Try goodprophets VG it's thin for good flow. Burns like PG.

I will have to give them a try. I do love the taste of VG.

Update: My atty mods went to heck within the night. Dead and nothing more. I did get my 5 new attys in the mail today and I'm back vaping like mad!! YAY!!!

I have found that when you start to get that mustard gas taste it's time to drip some more. Also, if you over heat your atty you can semi-permanently embed this flavor i.e. "hot-boxing" the atty. I'm not 100% on this yet, but, I believe this is caused by charring the wick or other part of the element. To remove this seemingly permanent flavor try this:

1. get a shot glass; hold the atty mouth side up, and slowly pour isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol through it until the shot glass is full enough that when you set the atty into it it will cover the bridge completely.

1a. set the atty down into the alcohol making sure the element is completely submerged.

2. Allow it to soak 24 hrs then,

3. remove and run water, as hot as you can stand, through it - mouth side first for a min or two.

4. Prime with 5-6 drops, spin juice around to ensure the wick and bridge are saturated, and,

5. vape EASY for a few puffs.

6. Add 3 more drops and repeat.

If, at this point, you still notice the funk:

7. Repeat steps 1 - 7, this time soaking 48 hrs but change the alcohol after 24 hrs.

At first you'll notice the funk come on sooner, just keep adding a few more drops to keep the atty wet and after about 1-2 ml your atty will be back to normal.

This works for me. Hope it'll work for you too!

Dude.

Edited by elDuderino