D O A L R Cartomizers

AimeeG

I love LR cartos. I hate that my most recent shipment of them has had five of eight them be DOA. I will be writing to the store I bought them from, but I have a few questions:

1) Is there a way to test a carto BEFORE I fill it? I've lost 5ml of Dulcis on this today!

2) How can that many be DOA? Sheesh!

3) Can any of you recommend good companies to get them from where you've had good luck? Mine are 2ohm.

Thankfully I also have some regular cartos from our most favorite store (VaporTalk, of course) and those have only had one DOA out of fifteen.

One more thing, I can't do attys because they are much more expensive (in initial layout) and all three that I have don't work now. One I never could get to work, another only produced a bit of vapor, and the third worked really great one evening and wouldn't be bothered to work for me the next night. So, bottom line, I don't trust 'em.

I love LR cartos. I hate that my most recent shipment of them has had five of eight them be DOA. I will be writing to the store I bought them from, but I have a few questions:

1) Is there a way to test a carto BEFORE I fill it? I've lost 5ml of Dulcis on this today!

2) How can that many be DOA? Sheesh!

3) Can any of you recommend good companies to get them from where you've had good luck? Mine are 2ohm.

Thankfully I also have some regular cartos from our most favorite store (VaporTalk, of course) and those have only had one DOA out of fifteen.

One more thing, I can't do attys because they are much more expensive (in initial layout) and all three that I have don't work now. One I never could get to work, another only produced a bit of vapor, and the third worked really great one evening and wouldn't be bothered to work for me the next night. So, bottom line, I don't trust 'em.

I've had trouble with my last few orders of cartos myself. One was from Vaporsetc. (2.4 ohm Tru Vapor) Out of 3 boxes, more than a box of them were unusable. They weren't dead, but they had a metallic/burnt taste that couldn't be resolved. It was horrid. I wrote to them and he said that they had a problem with the filler that had been used in a lot of them. It has since been resolved and I just ordered some more. He did send me a replacement box, but that was before they corrected the problem and that whole box wasn't usuable.

I also had a couple of DOA 2.4 ohm cartos from Madvapes recently.

What I am noticing from cartos is that certain ones will make me cough. I use only or mostly VG and never cough from using various attys so I know it's the cartos. So far, I like the Tru Vapor from vaporsetc the best...when the filler is right :)

I agree about attys and them being costly to lay out money for at once. I am limited for funding this and can't afford to take losses from faulty equipment. Most places will make good, but when you're out of things, it's difficult to wait.

Someone on here (Dayvape??)posted that they buy bulk cartos. I don't know where but I'm interested in knowing where that is and how much would be saved in buying bulk.

Sorry you're having troubles. I hope you get it straightened out.

I have never had DOA cartomizers. The only problem i had was that the holes right above the threads were not drilled on one. But then again i dot ever get LR cartomizers. but if you dont have a problem with regular cartomizers i have gotten some from vaporgalaxy, also electronicstix, and also healthcabin.net. but that all i can tell you.

I've NEVER had a single DOA carto from electrinicstix... not the regular ones or the LR ones. They are one of the few places you can buy them a carton at a time also.

By the way... don't trash your juice... you can do the Taryn Spin and save 95% of it!!

I just don't see how you could have that many be DOA... what are you using them on?? Something else is going on here I think....

Edited by DAYVAPE

Sounds like it could be either a really bad batch or a bad brand. It's very rare that our cartomizer for example ever ship DOA.

As long as the cartomizer is full of liquid there really shouldn't be much reason for them to pop. What device are you using your LR cartomizers on?

I have had a few that would't work on one ecig, but worked fine on another. Sometimes if you use a paperclip to gengly wiggle the connector and pull it down a little, it'll work. Sometimes they just don't make the connection. You can check the ohms with a multi-meter. Set the meter to 200 ohm. Touch the red lead to the bottom center and the black lead goes to the threads. The ohms should read whatever type of carto you have (1.8 to 2.4 for LR and around 2.8 to 3.2 for regular). If you're getting a reading, they should be good, just not making contact.

I am using the LR cartos on my eGo batteries. I have two genuine Janty batteries from WordUp and one XL Tornado battery from Totally Wicked.

I guess to clarify the DOA, it may not really be technically DOA. They give off that nasty, icky, primer, metallic, burnt vapor. Even if I grin and bear for a few more hits, it does not get any better. This happened to a bunch of my latest shipment from Nhaler and the one from here.

Thanks for the reverse Taryn spin tip (yet again!), DAYVAPE. I did save the cartos so I can still do the spin trick. I hope. Gosh, I hope I don't do it wrong!

Also, the liquid I'm using has all been the VT yumminess... Dulcis! It is such a bummer to get it all together and then ....BAM... :laser: ick vapor. :veryangry: