What Causes The Throat Kick?

Matthew

Well it's a little of both, some flavors tend to have more throat kick than others. (Pepper oil is often used to give that real kick) But nicotine content does play a part as well. The higher nic content will usually have a harsher throat kick. And of course large amounts of vapor is important as well.

Take a look at Wicked E-Liquid as they have some pretty strong stuff. Also if your a fan of Carrot Cake, Parked over at Dietsmokes.com has a juice called "Spice Cake" which is some pretty mean kick to it.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's a little of both, some flavors tend to have more throat kick than others. (Pepper oil is often used to give that real kick) But nicotine content does play a part as well. The higher nic content will usually have a harsher throat kick. And of course large amounts of vapor is important as well.

Take a look at Wicked E-Liquid as they have some pretty strong stuff. Also if your a fan of Carrot Cake, Parked over at Dietsmokes.com has a juice called "Spice Cake" which is some pretty mean kick to it.

Some claim it is the PH levels of the liquids... Hence why Johnson Creek puts in lemon juice in their eliquids. And then there are some like me, who feel sometimes a good throat hit is because your burning a little bit of the polyester fiber in your cart. :) lol just kidding.

Some claim it is the PH levels of the liquids... Hence why Johnson Creek puts in lemon juice in their eliquids. And then there are some like me, who feel sometimes a good throat hit is because your burning a little bit of the polyester fiber in your cart. :) lol just kidding.

I suppose that would make sense. I think I read an ingredient list for JC over on ECF and saw something to do with lemon in their juice.

• 3 weeks later...

So - having read this thread, the answer is - "we don't know"?  After six months of vaping I'm still not sure what makes for the best hit...

Yeah theres a lot of speculation of what causes it, its rumored JC puts lemon juice in their liquid and that totally wicked adds pepper so who knows we just know that it is infact present, and I think the nicotine itself may have something to do with it as the higher nic levels seem to have a more powerfull throat hit.

• 2 weeks later...

From my experience, pissing your wife off (or I guess pissing MY wife off) can produce a throat kick.

Also, annoying a mule while standing behind it can very possibly lead to a throat kick. But that would depend on many variables like angle of kick, angle to the mule, your height versus the mule's height, etc.

From my experience, pissing your wife off (or I guess pissing MY wife off) can produce a throat kick.

Also, annoying a mule while standing behind it can very possibly lead to a throat kick. But that would depend on many variables like angle of kick, angle to the mule, your height versus the mule's height, etc.

LMAO! Think I'd rather be hit by a mule ;)

Been vaping on this juice I mixed, its pina colada, first few days w/o vodka, then I added vodka, definately added some kick to it. I only added like 5 or 6 drops to a 3 ml bottle though, kind of afraid to add more in case I start smelling like vodka.. lol

I've heard of a few people adding vodka to their liquid. Interesting I'll have to try it sometimes. What's the point? Does it give it kick? Better taste? Just curious.

Well, this is the only flavor I've tried with it, because pina coladas usually have booze in em, figured it was appropreate. I used some Nickolai 80 proof vodka. It added a stronger hit to it, the flavor tastes fresher, and it definately leaves a better after taste as well. Made the pina colada stand out a bit more. Will have to try with some pre-mixed flavors I got, but it does def add to the flavor and kick.

It's like a clean taste I guess? Hard to explain. I just set like a shot of vodka aside in one of my old dropper bottles, since I tend to love drinking the stuff instead hehe >.>