Voltage Question

So I just got my new Ego in the mail, and have been using it for about 5 minutes haha. I have had my 510 for about 8 months prior to getting the Ego, both of my batteries and attys lasted alot longer than expected, but when they died, I decided that I wanted to give the Ego a try.

Anyway, I have heard about everyone enjoying a high voltage vaporizer. Just to clear up my confusion, what voltage is the Ego? I have also heard that you can use low resistance attys with the Ego? How is that experience?

The eGo is 3.7v.

Using a low resistance atomizer is the safer way of going "high voltage". The low resistance atomizer has, well, a lower resistance. This cuases the atomizer to heat up much much faster producing results very similar to 5 volts. It will take the life of your ego battery from 12 hours to about 6 hours. Either way 6 hours is still quite a long time. :)

Hmmm. Sound interesting. Ill have to order some of those attys. I guess my next question would be is there a personal vaporizer comparable to the quality of the Ego that is 5 volts? From what I have heard, it seems like a higher voltage vape is what Im looking for.

If you don't mind it NOT being round like the eGo, Jolly here on the forum makes some REALLY nice mods!! Here is a review I just did on the Tekk Mod he built for me! I absolutely love it!! Tests at 5.2 volts.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/8423-jollys-tekk-mod-review/page__view__findpost__p__77309__fromsearch__1

thanks hodge.

there are knock off type of brands of the ego. as to their names not all that sure as each place calls them something different.

as for the ego like branded types. the ego and tornado are identical for the most part. there is also one either built by the same people or a good knock off called riva.

if you want 3-5 days of vape time on a single unit, the tekk mod is on that will push that limit. can get in 5.2v or variable voltage.

myself, clouds of vapor and n-haler are currently the only places i know that sell them.