Diy Bust

AimeeG

I bought all kinds of DIY stuff... many, many Decadent Vapor flavors, many, many flavors from DIY Flavor Shop, PG, VG, sweetener, bottles, a ml graded needle, and nicotine liquid.

I hate everything I make. I'm only doing single flavors, no real mixing or recipes. I'm using the ultra cool iOS app on my phone which helps a great deal. But, in the end, my flavors suck. I'm totally bummed.

Or maybe this other flavor I have, some crazy thing called Dulcis from some really nice company, has me totally spoiled. :censored: you, VaporTalk! :D

Venturing into mixing is full of trial and error. I found initially it was much easier to start with premixed flavors and add flavoring to make it stronger or just for a change of flavor.

mixing from scratch is much harder to get the right flavor. sometimes I add several flavors together to get a flavor I like.

What flavors are you playing with?? I tend to use quite a bit of sweetener or Lorann cotton candy---about .3ml per ml. The Lorann flavorings are already pretty sweet, but many of the other flavoring aren't.

don't give up yet....

I was in the same boat when I started!! Check out this calculator which I like more than any of the other ones I have found!! Set your flavors to 10 - 15% to start (you can always tweek it later) and try to make a flavor in small batches with PG or VG only first!! Then you will not be too disappointed if it does not work out!!

I like coffee, caramel, vanilla, amaretto. The one I mixed up of amaretto left me headachy and stomach achy. Or maybe that was checking the 100 essays while I vaped. :rolleyes:

I, too, like to strenthen up the flavors with plain flavoring. That's what got me started thinking I could just do it myself. Reading the stuff you wrote, kitsune, helped me realize I would want my flavor higher, too.

So I started the amaretto off with 25% flavor and at 10% sweetener. I bumped it up to 33 and 15 respectively. Better, but not great. Maybe if I add some vanilla it would help.

The whiskey was a total bust. No extra amount of sweetener and even up to about 37% flavor didn't help it. Tasted like the worst whiskey you can buy at the store (I'm looking at you Wild Turkey).

Since these two left me in such a bad place, I'm leery to start in with the cranberry, lime, coconut, cherry, orange, custard, tiramisu, choco au lait, etc. that I have. Maybe I should just stay away from alcohol type flavors. And maybe I should buy more bottles.

I bought all kinds of DIY stuff... many, many Decadent Vapor flavors, many, many flavors from DIY Flavor Shop, PG, VG, sweetener, bottles, a ml graded needle, and nicotine liquid.

I hate everything I make. I'm only doing single flavors, no real mixing or recipes. I'm using the ultra cool iOS app on my phone which helps a great deal. But, in the end, my flavors suck. I'm totally bummed.

Or maybe this other flavor I have, some crazy thing called Dulcis from some really nice company, has me totally spoiled. :censored: you, VaporTalk! :D

ahh what can I say :thumbsup:

Vanilla just might work....

Tiramisu, choco au lait and vanilla would make a very nice combination. I really like the tiramisu--but I usually add chocolate, coffee and vanilla.

3ml PG or VG(or both), 1 ml Tiramisu, .5-1 ml of Choco au lait (depending on how strong the flavor is), .3 ml Vanilla, .5ml sweetener

I also add a few drops of menthol flavoring or menthol liquid to all of my mixes. adds a nice cool throat hit, without tasting like menthol.

are you using Nicotine??

The coconut and custard sound like they might be a good mix......

i did the same thing ,bought a bunch of stuff and mixed up a lot of crap.Some tasted good for a minute or two then went south.Threw some stuff away but having a hard time throwing it all away.I decided Dekang liquid is reasonable priced ,consistant and tastes way better than what I came up with.

Maybe I'll have better luck with the fruity flavors I bought. I'll try them tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm going to order more Dulcis even though there isn't the 30ml price for 10mg and 0mg. I love it too much to be without it. :icecream:

I'm also just getting into DIY and while I'm not very experienced with niquids yet, I have had some in the kitchen. I'm thinking perhaps while increasing flavor maybe you don't need to continue increasing sweetener? I like my juices sweet, too. But at some point things can get too sweet.

I also agree with mixing flavors. Doesn't have to be an even percentage of flavors. Think of what you might like to taste in the background (back of your palate) or an aftertaste. For example, I like coffee flavors with hints of cocoa and/or caramel and/or honey and/or .. you get the idea.

Don't you give up yet!

finding the right mixes can be hard at first cant it!!! I can say, decadent vapors, for me, didnt really produce very good flavor, so I stick to loranns, but I had a lot of flavors i liked not so much, too. My advice: keep trying, maybe mix less at a time so the stuff youre throwing away doesnt make you guilty, and when you find 1 u like, fill 'er up :)

Good luck to those of you having trouble, but please dont get discouraged it is really fun once you find the right mixes for your palette!

I tried my hand at DIY with some horrible results as well. I found that when I was using loranns flavorings the juice came out tasting good, but anything else came out tasting like a chemical cocktail.

Something interesting I noticed: The amaretto batch I mixed up has changed color. I haven't tried to vape it again because I can't seem to stop using Dulcis or Midnight, but I'm hoping it's better than it was when I first put it together. Has anyone else noticed color changes in their DIY batches?

This also brings to mind: I get two different levels of Dulcis, 0mg and 10mg. The 0mg has absolutely no color! Same great taste, but it is not a pretty amber color like the 10mg. So, my guess is that the nicotine has changed the color in my amaretto bottle. Interesting.