Direct Dripping On A Carto

Schlitz

I mean you could, but there would not be much point.

The reason direct dripping started in the first place was because the cartridges that came standard with an atomizer just didn't work very well. So users starter removing the filler and dripping right on to the atomizers. (The liquid never expelled from the cartridge the way it was supposed to) Dripping ensured the atomizer always had liquid which equaled great throat hit and flavor.

Cartomizers are designed much differently than a standard atomizer and cartridge. The coil is now PART of the cartridge. So while you could drip on a cartomizer it wouldn't make a difference. A cartomizer can be filled and it will give great vapor for about an hour or so before having to be filled again.

In simpler terms it would be like adding milk to your glass while you drank out of it. You could, but it wouldn't make much sense. :)

I mean you could, but there would not be much point.

The reason direct dripping started in the first place was because the cartridges that came standard with an atomizer just didn't work very well. So users starter removing the filler and dripping right on to the atomizers. (The liquid never expelled from the cartridge the way it was supposed to) Dripping insured the atomizer always had liquid which equaled great throat hit and flavor.

Cartomizers are designed much differently than a standard atomizer and cartridge. The coil is now PART of the cartridge. So while you could drip on a cartomizer it wouldn't make a difference. A cartomizer can be filled and it will give great vapor for about an hour or so before having to be filled again.

In simpler terms it would be like adding milk to your glass while you drank out of it. You could, but it wouldn't make much sense. :)

Also, if you look at how a cartomizer is made, there is a kind of a straw/tube going right down the middle of it, right to the hole in the bottom. Dripping would more than likely make a huge mess.

I guess I just need to have a look at these to see how they are put together. I've just put in an order, and I'm sure that it will be a no brainer once I see them.

My reasoning behind using the carto to direct drip was to find a solution to try small amounts of liquids to see if I'd be interested in vaping them. I've had a couple juices now that have rendered the attys useless with other flavors, even after cleaning them. I guess I wouldn't feel so bad tossing an inexpensive carto versus an atty that costs 5x more.

I dont know exactly what you mean DDing into a carto, usually do that on attys, but if this helps, when I use standard 510 cartos I use a drip tip to keep it filled after it goes dry so if this is what you are referring to I recommend it, I always use drip tips on my cartos, looks and vapes better (more air flow).

I guess I just need to have a look at these to see how they are put together. I've just put in an order, and I'm sure that it will be a no brainer once I see them.

My reasoning behind using the carto to direct drip was to find a solution to try small amounts of liquids to see if I'd be interested in vaping them. I've had a couple juices now that have rendered the attys useless with other flavors, even after cleaning them. I guess I wouldn't feel so bad tossing an inexpensive carto versus an atty that costs 5x more.

Totally understand. If you get a flavor that doesn't taste good, no need to throw the atomizer away. Instead blow the atomizer out. You can blow the excess liquid onto a paper towel. It won't get ALL the taste out, but most of it. By the time you add a new flavor and vape it a few times the old flavor will be gone :)

There was a post about removing the fiberfill from a carto that is not producing the goods and dripping on the element to get some more use from it.I tried it and made a mess.There is no bridge or ceramic pot to catch and hold the liquid ,it just runs out all over your hands.For $2.00 or less a peice I just chuck them when they start to lose flavor .Usually 10 or 15 ml worth of use.

There was a post about removing the fiberfill from a carto that is not producing the goods and dripping on the element to get some more use from it.I tried it and made a mess.There is no bridge or ceramic pot to catch and hold the liquid ,it just runs out all over your hands.For $2.00 or less a peice I just chuck them when they start to lose flavor .Usually 10 or 15 ml worth of use.

Okay, now that makes sense...thanks! :)