It Is Done.

I did it the final step for us,I got rid of the last ashtray. Actually gave it to my son but it's out of my living room, none in office, none in kitchen, none in bathroom, none in bedroom. Gone. My only "ashtrays" now are 2 Longaberger baskets on my desk with our vaping supplies in them.

way to go!!! Moving that way myself!! :jump:

Way to go! I've been smoke free for 62 days and it seems like the time just flew by! I keep checking calender cause I think my counter is off! We will all get there.

The really neat thing about this that I never asked my husband to quit. I asked him if he wanted to try it out just to see what I was doing. He did and he didn't say anything then I notice he has not bought any analogs. After a few rough days he started just using the Blu after I got my 510. Ok I still didn't say anything, now he uses the 510 and the Blu if needed not much there, and here we are.I gave up nagging years ago, not worth it and why cause stress. He cleared out the ashtrays, now we just need to get rid of the ones in the camper, son is staying in it until we get his old room ready or he moves out again. Long story.

Happy to say only carpet is in our bedroom, we have big dogs so we got rid of carpet to avoid doggy smell. Just installed a new furnace last fall and central air which is not completed yet so other than last week-ends filter change no problem with heating or cooling with smell. Just completing a bit of remodeling so except for bedroom walls either freshly painted or fairly recently so wall washing was not as disgusting as it used to be. Also weather has cooled off enough to leave windows open even at night so fresh air to blow out the funk:) Now we can smell the dogs they are too big to be easy to bathe. Had to remove bathtub and replace with walk-in shower, that really helped.

Congratulations to you for your brave new move.

Enjoy your new freedom.

You and I are only 8 days apart on our quit dates. I've never gone this long before and I haven't had any problems with this method.

Congrats !!! getting rid of ashtrays is very liberating--it says " I am officially a non smoker". all my ashtrays are now for holding loose change, safteypins etc....

shower and a handheld shower head is the only way to wash a mastiff !!!! She loves the shower massager.....

Way to go! I've been smoke free for 62 days and it seems like the time just flew by! I keep checking calender cause I think my counter is off! We will all get there.

Mastiffmom, I don't comment much but I've been around long enough to follow your progress. I am so encouraged by your story. We have a home for women in recovery and I've prayed that the one's that smoke could catch the "vision" the way you have. We provide all of our smokers with eCigs and they try it but are in various phases of commitment. All use it part time but none have completely quit analogs. Thanks for your enthusiasm and for sharing it with us.

Mastiffmom, I don't comment much but I've been around long enough to follow your progress. I am so encouraged by your story. We have a home for women in recovery and I've prayed that the one's that smoke could catch the "vision" the way you have. We provide all of our smokers with eCigs and they try it but are in various phases of commitment. All use it part time but none have completely quit analogs. Thanks for your enthusiasm and for sharing it with us.

Thank you I'm touched. If I can do this so can others it's just making up your mind and taking that first step. I'm also very blessed to have family members who are behind me 100%. I have never smoked in front of my parents, and we never mentioned the fact that I did smoke. Tonight while speaking with my mom I mentioned my progress, she asked if I felt the electric(her words) cig was really helping I said yes no cravings. She was so happy. Not only has this freed me up from smoking but allowed a dialog between us that we have never before mentioned. I didn't smoke in front of them and they ignored the habit. I never smoked where my niece could see either and she is excited about my ecig. My life has taken on a new dimension. I credit all of you with my success also, without your support and stories I may not have gotten this far.