General And Supplier Questions

Cid

Hiya,

I'm seriously considering switching to e-cigarettes, but man is this stuff overwhelming. I've read around a bit, and I've still got a few quick questions:

with an atomizer + cartridges, what's the best way to refill them? I've heard about dripping two to three drops directly onto the fuzzy bit of the atomizer, which lasts a few puffs. Isn't it easier to fill up the cart, or can the cartridge also only hold a few drops, and am I then better off with cartomizers if I can't be asked to refill them every half hour? I think I've decided on the Joye 510 btw; everyone agrees that the vapor and throat hit is good, and that the battery life is decent. I'd go for an Ego but I prefer one that still somewhat resembles a cigarette.

Does anyone have any experience with www.anycig.com? Speed of delivery, do they honour the 30 day warranty, stuff like that. It looks pretty good, and seems to have the cheapest Joye 510 starter kits around (€30). Or if anyone knows of a good supplier for a European fellow to use, please. I'm planning on buying two starter kits (if I don't like it after all, I've got enough people I can gift them to), an extra usb charger, a usb passthrough for when I'm behind the PC, 10 empty cartridges, and about 4 10ml e-juice flasks, different flavours ofc, mix and match a bit. Want to throw as much in a single shipment as I can, keep down shipping costs. Is there anything else I should throw in there while I'm at it?

And what nicotine strength would you recommend for a Pall Mall smoker who values a good burny throat hit? Also, what e-juice flavour, and from what chef(?), best resembles Pall Mall?

Right, I think that's all the questions I have for now. :D

Welcome to VT Cid! :) I can't help you with a European supplier, but I'll try to answer some of your other questions. The reason people are constantly adding juice to the cart is because they really don't do a good job at releasing the juice. Some times they do work fine, but I could never get them to work well. Hence, you're constantly topping them off because the most of the juice in the cart stays in the cart. I'm sure some one can give you some tips on how to make the cart work better. I direct drip 95% of the time and use a cartomizer when I'm driving. I would recommend picking up some cartomizers when you order your kit and give them a try. For me, they just don't give a good enough throat hit to use them full time.

As for nic strength, I would suggest starting at 24mg. You may want to buy a some juice at different strengths to find out what's right for you. I smoked 1 1/2 packs of Marlboro Lights a day for 20 years and 24mg worked for me.

The link below is to a thread that has two really good vids... They provide a lot of good info for beginners and the demo is with a 510.

See Post #3

I think the 510 is an excellent choice. Wordupecig does ship worldwide and they offer a very wide variety of juice flavors. They also carry a 520 starter kit which is a mego 510. Email Jeffery and he will be happy to answer any of your questions. He has wide selection of kits and accessories and 80 juice flavors I think. His wife makes them herself and they are very good! I think you will be very happy with your choice and feel much better in the long run. Wordup also has several size choices for their juices and you can't go wrong with these folks for customer service, they stand behind what they sell. After you get your first order out of the way you can really explore juice flavors and Vapor Talk has some really good ones I hear. Please contact Jeffery and he will hook you up and we will cheer you on! Americans are really quite friendly! Especially the ones here on VT!

Welcome to VaporTalk, Cid! Hooray for your research into making the switch over to vaping. The 510 is quite nice, you'll be more than happy with it I'm sure.

Cartridges vary from cart to cart. They usually come 5 to a pkg, and every single one of those 5 can vary. Some might be perfect for vaping, while another might be too tightly packed, and another too loosly. They are stuffed with a wicking material, fiberfill, that absorbs the eliquid and releases it slowly as we vape. You'll be really happy with one, and absolutely hate another. They hold 12-16 drops when brand new, and less with each refill. You can take the fiberfill out with a paperclip or pair of tweezers, dab it inside a papertowel or tissue, drop about 10 drops into your cart then restuff the filling back in, and top off til it's sparkly. (memorize what your prefilled ones looked like when first opened). Anytime the liquid won't drop onto the atty, (not getting any vapor), you can push the fluff down inside the cart with your paperclip or tweezers, then pull it back to normal position (right below the ridge) and it might vape okay. Chances are though that it won't and you'll end up taking the filler completely out and dripping from then on. Or going with cartomizers. Cartomisers are easier than carts by far. I use all of the above. I drip, use carts, use cartomizers. Carts allow me to test out mixes of eliquids without having to fill a cartomizer, and so forth.

hmmmm, kind of long post. Hope I didn't scare you off!

Or if anyone knows of a good supplier for a European fellow to use, please.

I would highly recommend Liberty Flights. I use their USA branch, but they also have a UK site. Most of the time, I get a customer service rep from the UK (Abe) when I email with questions etc. Always very helpful, knows his products well, and all with good humor too. Their prices on this side of the pond, are excellent. I imagine you will find the same type of pricing in the UK as well. Their e-liquids are superb, and they also sell pure flavorants so you can customize any e-liquid you have. I just had two of my friends order from Liberty and they are as impressed as I am. I had a problem once with a defective Joye eGO pass thru and even tho it was just past its warranty, Abe replaced it immediately without waiting for me to send the old one back. It was at my door in 3 days and I live in the Hawaiian Islands. Shipping super fast and here in the USA its only $2.99...to Hawaii. I frankly, don't know how they can do it that cheaply. They also have a discount code right there on their site. Its been 20% off for the past 3 months. Give them a try. BTW, you will get past that "wanting a cigarette look" in about a month (all newbies feel the same way on that one). Once you try something like an eGO or a Riva, you will never use those wimpy cigarette things again LOL! You can vape all day on one battery charge. Great performance, awesome vapor, and actually they look sort of sexy. I get lots of compliments on mine, from men and women alike. Good luck and welcome to Vaping...tell Abe, his pesty customer from Hawaii says Aloha.

I don't have much to add that hasn't been covered. you will have to try the different methods--atomizer, cartomizer, dripping to see what works best for you. It really does boil down to personal preference.

I drip and use carts. for the carts I use the blue foam from strictly ejuice (they do ship to europe)--I find the blue foam wicks the liquid a bit better than the standard fillers.

I agree with Brian--its good to get a couple different strengths to see what suits you best. not much help with flavors--I kinda like the fruitty flavors.

Liberty flights is UK based--great service and products. Abe is always helpful.

There is also Totally Wicked--which is UK based.

The 510 is a great place to start. You should also look at the Riva (liberty flights), Ego, Tornado (Totally wicked)--much longer battery life.

Welcome to the Vapor Talk Forum!

I believe you're armed with all the information you'll need to be a successful, happy and contented vaper! Don't hesitate to ask any questions as they come up! Gluck!

Hiya,

I'm seriously considering switching to e-cigarettes, but man is this stuff overwhelming. I've read around a bit, and I've still got a few quick questions:

with an atomizer + cartridges, what's the best way to refill them? I've heard about dripping two to three drops directly onto the fuzzy bit of the atomizer, which lasts a few puffs. Isn't it easier to fill up the cart, or can the cartridge also only hold a few drops, and am I then better off with cartomizers if I can't be asked to refill them every half hour? I think I've decided on the Joye 510 btw; everyone agrees that the vapor and throat hit is good, and that the battery life is decent. I'd go for an Ego but I prefer one that still somewhat resembles a cigarette.

Does anyone have any experience with www.anycig.com? Speed of delivery, do they honour the 30 day warranty, stuff like that. It looks pretty good, and seems to have the cheapest Joye 510 starter kits around (€30). Or if anyone knows of a good supplier for a European fellow to use, please. I'm planning on buying two starter kits (if I don't like it after all, I've got enough people I can gift them to), an extra usb charger, a usb passthrough for when I'm behind the PC, 10 empty cartridges, and about 4 10ml e-juice flasks, different flavours ofc, mix and match a bit. Want to throw as much in a single shipment as I can, keep down shipping costs. Is there anything else I should throw in there while I'm at it?

And what nicotine strength would you recommend for a Pall Mall smoker who values a good burny throat hit? Also, what e-juice flavour, and from what chef(?), best resembles Pall Mall?

Right, I think that's all the questions I have for now. :D

As a experienced Vaper,and reviewer I would tell you if asked get yourself a Ego Kit along with two 510 LR atomizers, a drip tip, and some extra juice to start out with, you can Goggle the Ego kit for the best prices.

Woo, I decided to go for the Riva, and it arrived today. My favourite e-liquid so far is the Liberty-Flights Pear, which actually tastes like banana. Overall, all good. Unfortunately, one of the two batteries is defective; it's always on and I have to gently pull on the button a bit to turn it off, but it of course switches right back on as soon as I let go. Kind of puts a damper on things.

Have to say, LF customer service is top notch. I sent them an e-mail regarding the battery just before posting here, and I've already got a reply; just send it back, and they'll mail me a new one. Nice.

Have to say, LF customer service is top notch. I sent them an e-mail regarding the battery just before posting here, and I've already got a reply; just send it back, and they'll mail me a new one. Nice.

Most suppliers would do the same for you on a defective item, it happens from time to time.