Really Confused

Bearguin

Im fairly new to the vape community got my TW Tornado 2 weeks ago havent touched an analog since yay! been since researching when i first started alot of good things were said about direct dripping now i hear alot of good things about cartomizers im torn which should i invest in i dont have much money to do both i see the convenience of cartos but i started on direct dripping and if im on the go i just take a cart and a bottle of fluid with me so to sum up is it better to stick to direct dripping or go with cartomizers just wanting to know everyone elses opinion on flavor, bang for buck and longevity of atomizer vs cartomizer as well as maintenance thanks again.

Hi again,

Direct dipping is great for vapor and flavor, but it's not easy to dd when you're driving or otherwise using your hands. The reason why so many of us talk about cartomizers (atomizer and filler in one), and love them is because you can fill it with about 10-20 drops of e-liquid and vape continuously for several hours before having to top it off. I find dd is good when I'm lazing in front of the computer, tv, on the phone, or with a friend. Those are the obvious differences. I hope this helps, but don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have. I'm sure others will chime in here.

since you say you don't have disposable cash, cartos are the way to go.

they tend to run a single dollar per carto.

attys are good for DD but are a bit more expensive.

if you are on the go DDing isn't always something you can do, like driving.

maybe get a few attys for at home and cartos for on the go. you don't have to be tied down to one or the other.

This is a tough call for me.... but I'm going to go ahead and say CARTOS! I actually kinda treat my cartos as I would direct dripping on an atty. Meaning... after a vape on a full carto for about 10 - 15 drags I'm usually good to go and don't need another vape for a while. But when that next vape session arrives I pop the drip tip off of and run some liquid down the sides of the carto until no more will soak in... typically about 6 - 8 drops or so. Then I'm ready to hit that thing again for another 10 - 15 drags... which is close to what it took me to smoke an analog back in the day. Overall, they work great for me and I love the flavor from them... also nice to know I won't ever get that lovely burnt atty taste when I'm vaping! I've not seen a carto yet that you can fill up and have it last longer than a couple hours max. Just keep em wet and you will stay satisfied! Wow, that was a book!! :thumbsup:

Oh yeah... and I will never buy another atty in my lifetime! NEVER.

Edited by DAYVAPE

since you say you don't have disposable cash, cartos are the way to go.

they tend to run a single dollar per carto.

attys are good for DD but are a bit more expensive.

if you are on the go DDing isn't always something you can do, like driving.

maybe get a few attys for at home and cartos for on the go. you don't have to be tied down to one or the other.

Second this completely. I direct drip mostly, but sometimes I use cartomizers. It depends on my mood and situation.

On the eGo, you may not get as good a throat hit on the carto as you do on the 510 atty. That's the main reason why I only use cartos when I'm driving. They get the through, but not nearly as satisfying as my atty. :) Since I'm only using the carto for about 1.5 hours a day, they last a very long time.

Thanks guys it really helps me out ill have to buy a few attys and cartos it seems to experiment i see i get a lot of mixed feelings about cartos but thats the nice thing everyone is different some like it and some dont so ill have to try it on my own oh by the way which cartos should i get and particular design better than others and is the LR cartos any good

one other thing i thought of

attys are great for testing a flavor.

some examples:

heather, zach, and i all live somewhat close to each other. now if one of them has some juice that i have not tried, i can meet up with them, vape and figure out if i want to buy some.

the vape meets are pretty much the same.. just a note about that though, everyone will want you to try this or that and/or you will want to try this and that. use a low nic to try because you will end up getting way to much nic in your system at those things. i sure did.

okay, here's something i didn't know about direct dripping before i got my drip tip... for a low resistance atomizer, you DRIP 2x's take 6 hits, and drip again...... THATS REALLLLLLLLLLY ANNOYING.... today i received some cartos, they seem amazing. But i got one, that tastes like complete crap, I think it's burn or something, i am currently in the middle of changing it as i am typing this reply. SOOOOOOO i'd go with carto's, all my other cartos are fine, i'll just boil this one... out

Thanks guys it really helps me out ill have to buy a few attys and cartos it seems to experiment i see i get a lot of mixed feelings about cartos but thats the nice thing everyone is different some like it and some dont so ill have to try it on my own oh by the way which cartos should i get and particular design better than others and is the LR cartos any good

Most people prefer the soft tip cartomizers, where the white piece in the top is rubber rather than hard plastic. It's much easier to remove, but not so easy that it falls out or anything. Makes refilling them super easy.

As for LR, I'm afraid I can't help you there.

And do yourself a favor and buy the silver threaded cartos if you buy any at all.

The gold ones leak alot and geenerally suck.

There is a gold one? Thanks for the tip, I never noticed that there were different types. I have only ordered them from 2 suppliers and they only had the ones with silver. Thanks.

There is a gold one? Thanks for the tip, I never noticed that there were different types. I have only ordered them from 2 suppliers and they only had the ones with silver. Thanks.

Yes! I forget who makes them w/o looking it up... but I've got some and they just don't perform as well as the silver threaded ones. Not to mention the fact that they leak like crazy! Yeah, don't bother getting those.

IMO at 3.7v you wont get near the vapor production with a carto that you would with direct drip. You will also taste plastic with a carto. I have some low res cartos on the way to see if that helps, but at standard resistance, DD is the way to go.

Most definately a "no brainer" there. There's just not enough battery at 3.7 to push a standard carto. Now if you could only up your battery 1 measly volt you would know how good it can be. FOR ME, I get plumes of vapor, and I only vape 100% PG if at all possible. The flavor I get out of a carto at 4.5 - 4.8 volts is simply amazing in every way. I think that most of my juices have simply held up much better at this voltage, whereas 5 volts or higher would burn through it quicker, lessening the quality of flavor in the juice. That's just my opinion on cartos... and as you know, the next guy will come along and tell you how he doesn't care for them. All I have to say to that is that he doesn't know what the hell he's doin' then! :thumbsup: