Any Opinions On Crown Lion?

xbox321

I know this probably belongs in the review section, but I can't start a post there and I'm a noobie ... there are a lot of recommendations of significant "systems", but I am interested in something simple and realistic like the Crown Lion. Has anyone tried it? Is it decent?

Thanks!

This is a way over priced kit. You can get a 510 or KR808 kit for $50 or less (and this will be two full ecigs). Stay away from any vendor that claims a catridge is equal to two packs of cigarettes.

What you're looking at is probably a KR808 model just rebranded and being sold at a crazy pirce.

Welcome to Vapor Talk! Feel free to ask any questions. :)

Brian is right. I have only used ecigs for about 3-1/2 months now and I was very fortunate to find this forum to research "the good and the not so good" brands and such. I took the advice of long time vapers here and ordered a joye 510 kit. It came with 2 complete setups, charger and 5 cartridges for $35. The parts are pretty standard purchase for the 510 too.

Brian is right, cartridges aren't equal to a pack of cigarettes. You'll want to add liquid or change the cartridge after a few "drags". Plus, the liquid they prefill those cartridges with tastes pretty cruddy. The authentic look and feel seems to be what first time buyers look for in an ecig, but after using it for a day, that will go out the window. You'll want a long lasting battery, sturdy product, etc. over the look of it. They are all mostly too heavy to leave in your mouth like a cigarette too.

There's just so many false claims out there, you have to be careful. My sister and niece fell for an electronic cigarette scam a few months ago, called Prada. They keep sending new supplies and charging your account, like a contract club type thing.

Good luck and I highly recommend the advice of veteran vapers on this site. :)

This is a way over priced kit. You can get a 510 or KR808 kit for $50 or less (and this will be two full ecigs). Stay away from any vendor that claims a catridge is equal to two packs of cigarettes.

What you're looking at is probably a KR808 model just rebranded and being sold at a crazy pirce.

Welcome to Vapor Talk! Feel free to ask any questions. :)

Is the new Revolution starter kit a KR808? Do you think that's a good option, for someone who wants minimal trouble, and good reproduction of the real cigarette smoking experience?

Thanks!

Is the new Revolution starter kit a KR808? Do you think that's a good option, for someone who wants minimal trouble, and good reproduction of the real cigarette smoking experience?

Thanks!

I have not tried it but if Chris has tried it and gives it his stamp of approval then it must be good. I would look into a 510 or ego however. Even though the ego does not reproduce a real smoking experience you will find out in time most vapers do not want that anyway.

When I first started that is exactly what I wanted. I wanted it to look, taste, and feel like a real cigarette and I was hugely disappointed by the $150 starter kit I bought. I got an ego and haven't looked back since.

Evertying is different about it...the way you hold it, the way you vape it, and the biggest one...no matter what a juice tells you it will never taste like a real cigarette(but some come kind of close).

Even with all that I much much much prefer vaping to a real cigarette. I started when I was 10 and am 24 now. 2 pack a day smoker and switching was very easy for me and many other people. It takes a little bit of time to get used to but once you do you will love it. If you get cravings for cigarettes when you first start by all means have one...it's not something everything can just switch to doing. But you will start vaping half the time, then 3/4s of the time, then all the time and when you go to smoke an analog it will taste disgusting.

Should be a very nice unit. Having said that, Bob brings up a point that while we all respect the desire many have to have it "feel" like an analogue, many outgrow that very quickly. The good thing about a 510 unit is the atomizers, carts, cartos, etc. are all 510 threads/sizes. So it makes moving from something that seems like an analogue to an ego or other 510 mod pretty simple, the accessories won't go to waste and the 510 batteries will be a backup in case the new unit go thud.

• 1 month later...

I got the Crown Lion from a local gas station for $35. I am wondering about refilling the cartridges myself. Anyone try doing this?

I found this site below that you can buy the liquid from.

http://www.e-cig.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=18&cat=E-Liquid

They said at the store that 5 cartridges is like a full carton. After reading what some of you posted it sounds more like one cartridge is like 5-6 cigs worth.

I don't know anything about the crown lion, but I got the same story with the first PV I bought - about the cartridges being equivalent to 2 packs of smokes. I quickly found out how wrong that was. It might be closer to 5 cigarettes. Maybe. It doesn't matter which device you have, I believe you can refill the cartridges in all of them. That's what we recommend to everyone. It's much, much cheaper than buying the prefilled cartridges. And the juice that comes in the pre-filled cartridges is never very good. On the other hand, you can buy lots of different, really great tasting juices other places. Check out all of the vendors listed on this site and you'll see what I mean about the variety of juices available.

Congrats on making the switch over to vaping from analogs!! Stick around, listen to the vaping vets who've been there-done that, and you'll be good to go in no time. eCigs are amazing, with hundreds, if not thousands!, to choose from. Happy Vaping!

• 1 year later...

I just had to get something out here to warn people of the crown lion scam. I ordered this ecig from www.getcrownlion.com and they immediately deducted my account. After a week without product, I submitted an online inquiry. After a day, no response, so I called the 888 number. The number is not in service. I am in the process of disputing the charge with my bank. Please don't try to order from their site. Beware!

Very disappointing as I was very excited to give up my smokes to try vaping. Any recommendations for a good brand and Site?

You can't go wrong with any of the ones listed under Supporting Suppliers on the main forum page. There are many more reliable sites to order from and many different types of e-cigs. You might want to look at what some of these reliable sites have to offer and also check out reviews of their products on YouTube or in the Vapor Talk e-cig review.

• 3 weeks later...

I cannot speak to the "Crown Lion" brand. I can tell you that from my limited experience vaping (48-50 days) that my main concern initially was that I got enough nicotine. My very worst fear was failing and ending up smoking again...what it (E-Cig) looked like didn't matter to me in fact, the further away from looking like an analogue the better as far as I was concerned...just give me the nic that I CRAVE! ;-p

I had done enough research to know that I needed to steer clear of the "cig-alikes". I am not saying you should, just that I should! I started out with Totally Wicked's "Torpedo" variable voltage unit. It's branded under many names depending on vendor..."Lavatube" is another name that comes to mind. I love it but, it is a cumbersome, bulky bastard that isn't always practical to tote around - depending on my activities for the day. I also have the eGo Tornado Tank as well and it suits me fine for those times I can't or don't want to tote the Torpedo around. That also led me to the twist var. voltage unit. That rocks also!

I guess by now you're starting to see that eventually; you will own more than one PV! For me, it has now become as much a hobby as a nicotine delivery system! And, it's one that isn't wrapped in over 4,000 carcinogens!

Good luck in your vaping journey whatever you choose!

Thanks for the feedback! I ended up with an Aquavapor 510 One. I really like vaping and find it to be a suitable counterfeit to harmful smoking. However, being a woman, I have one huge concern; my stomach has been seriously bloated! This started a couple of days off cigs and shows no signs of letting up in spite of healthy eating and exercise. Has anyone experienced this? When did it subside? Suggestions?

Thanks for the feedback! I ended up with an Aquavapor 510 One. I really like vaping and find it to be a suitable counterfeit to harmful smoking. However, being a woman, I have one huge concern; my stomach has been seriously bloated! This started a couple of days off cigs and shows no signs of letting up in spite of healthy eating and exercise. Has anyone experienced this? When did it subside? Suggestions?

LoL, Yeah...I think you're fine. The first few days, let me see if I can put this somewhat delicately...well, let's just say my Wife re-named me "Louis Buttstrong playing his magical Butt -Trumpet"! I've been told it's the Propylene Glycol...and it passes - No pun intended! ;-P You may also feel like a "Soft-serve" Chocolate Ice Cream machine for the first week or so when you go to "Survey your Kingdom" from the Throne...that's the PG too. It also passes and things get back to normal pretty quick. Drink lots of water as PG will tend to dry you up a little; give you "cotton mouth" as the old saying goes.

Either way, you're o.k. Just keep calm and vape on. :yes