High Voltage And E-Liquids

Singularity

Hello Everyone, this is my first post. I have some questions; unfortunately, I have not seen this answered completely on the forums or Youtube. I have purchased the Blu, Nebula, Greensmoke, Vapor4life, Titan 510, and the Prodigy V3. The regular e-cigs were terrible, and I did not stop smoking as the flavor and vapor were not even near what I expected and battery life was minuscule. I had purchased e-liquid from about 13 different companies and when I started using my new V3 at 6V I noticed that all of my liquids were burning. Yes, I removed the filler in the new attys and only take 1-2 second drags etc. However, I usually only use cartomizers (510) and have used both standard 510's at 6V (RCR123a) and LR 510 cartomizers at 3.7V (17670). It makes no difference as the liquid still burns. I already have nhaler.com and puresmoker.com liquids and they do well at 6V. I have also made an order to avejuice.com (alien visions) which I assume will not burn either, from reviews and it is 100% VG. So are there any other companies who sell juices that don't burn at 6V? Is the problem that I need to only vape 100% VG to prevent burning? Is there anyplace that sells High Resistance 510 Cartomizers? Finally, does anybody else have the same problem with burnt juices or is it just me?

The reason I am posting this is I have been vaping for over a year now and I have still been smoking a pack of Newport 100's a day. I haven't smoked for 4 days now ever since I received the puresmoker and nhaler juice and have been using my prodigy. Sadly, I am getting bored with the few flavors I like from these companies and need to find more that won't burn so I will not start smoking again.

Thanks,

Don

it's not the juice that is burning.

not many people that have a 6v like 6v.

5ish volt is the best to use.

what you are burning is the filler in the carto or the wick in the atty.

AV juice is great!

if you have a device that you can dial back the voltage on from say 6v to 4.5 to 5.24v range.. stick around that range.

my tekk mod does 5.24 and its great with my cartos, the attys i have are all way off of the ohm so they are hit and miss on 5v.

Hi Singularity, I just got home from work so cut me some slack :lol: I have also had an issue with some juices just not working at HV. So far the ones I have that hold up well are Dulcis from Vapor Talk and Bobas Bounty from Alien Visions. I could vape those 2 flavors for the rest of my vaping career and be happy. :) I tried a couple of Nhalers "high voltage" juices but was not impressed. I have not seen any HV cartos out there, that doesn't mean there aren't any.

Lol, my bad, I can be a bit impatient at times. Thanks for the info jeffb and Jolly. I'll have to try the Tekk mod out if I can. If I remember it's sold from cloudvapor and nhaler. Oh yeah, I just ordered some Boba's bounty and am waiting to try it. Also, dulcis from vaportalk is one of my favorites as well.

Edited by Singularity

OK, you guys are really going to hate me for saying it over and over again, but topic after topic comes up where it needs saying. We all start off at 3.7v and fall in love with the 510 atty, because at 3.7v the 510 is hands down the best atty out there. Since the 510 performs so well at 3.7v, eveyone simply refuses to think that their beloved 510 could be part of the problem at higher votlages. But when you move to high volts the 510 just burns the crap out of your juice and leaks like a pig. Other attys like the 801/302 really don't perform at 3.7v, which further gets people stuck on the 501, but higher voltages is where the 801/302 shine (I prefer and recommend the 302 over the 801).

I realize that what I say is my opinion, and opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one and they all smell. The fact that so many people are moving to higher voltages and making the same complaints of burnt taste and excess leaking would tend to prove my point. Raising the voltage is a brave new world. branch out and try a different atty.

I never even thought of trying anything other than a 510 or 808 atty/carto. I will have to give that idea a try. Does anyone even sell 801/302 cartomizers. I prefer carto's over attys; will 801/302 Cartomizers work better in your opinion miatafrank or is it just atomizers? Jolly, does your tekk have a variable voltage and how come no pics (nvm watched video).

Edited by Singularity

I never even thought of trying anything other than a 510 or 808 atty/carto. I will have to give that idea a try. Does anyone even sell 801/302 cartomizers. I prefer carto's over attys; will 801/302 Cartomizers work better in your opinion miatafrank or is it just atomizers? Jolly, does your tekk have a variable voltage and how come no pics.

The 801/302 is an atomizer. I direct drip and rarely use a cartomizer. I find that 3 or 4 drops in a 302 gives about as many hits as an analog, and it doesn't leak.

I have noticed that heavy VG based liquids don't burn at 6V. Also, I removed the filler in my carto's and it doesn't appear to be burnt at all. I think its just the all PG liquids that burn up at 6V. I can take 3-4 second drags of 12mg Mochaccino from nhaler and there is no problem.

Welcome to VT Don! :)

I vape at 6V with a 510 most of the time and Vapor Talk juice does well on both the 510 and 510 cartos. I think it's a good idea to try a 302 or 801 as miatafrank suggested, or even a high voltage 510 (higher resistance). Nhaler does have some 510 cartomizers that are 3.4ohm (the ones I use are 2.9ohm). I haven't tried them, but it may be something you want to consider.

Nhaler 510 Carto

Man, I can't imagine needing or wanting to vape anything at 6 volts !! That just seems like a bit much to me... and obviously it is because you have to be so carefull not to burn your atty/carto/juice! Cut your losses and drop the voltage back... save yourself some money by not having to buy nearly as many attys/cartos I bet!! Heck, I even feel like 5v is a bit high for a lot of juices,etc... so 6v I would be certain it was too much! :thumbsup: