Please Explain To Me....

nyaz21

Hi, PG or Propylene Glycol and VG, Vegetable Glycerin is the suspension or base liquid that nicotine in various strengths is added to. If you google both these terms, you'll get a detailed description. Both are used in many many applications. I've read that some vapers experience an allergic-type reaction to PG, but most do not. Both are considered safe. PG e-liquid is reported to offer a better taste while vaping, and VG more vapor. Some do a 50/50 mix or variations thereof, in order to get both flavor and vapor. I personally get great flavor and vapor from an all PG on certain e-liquids. Using one or the other or a combination of the two will end up being a matter of preference. Hope this helps!

Hi, PG or Propylene Glycol and VG, Vegetable Glycerin is the suspension or base liquid that nicotine in various strengths is added to. If you google both these terms, you'll get a detailed description. Both are used in many many applications. I've read that some vapers experience an allergic-type reaction to PG, but most do not. Both are considered safe. PG e-liquid is reported to offer a better taste while vaping, and VG more vapor. Some do a 50/50 mix or variations thereof, in order to get both flavor and vapor. I personally get great flavor and vapor from an all PG on certain e-liquids. Using one or the other or a combination of the two will end up being a matter of preference. Hope this helps!

Yeah my first big juice order I got some all pg, some all vg, and various mixes. Found out PG wasn't for me and switched to all VG(one juice 10% PG but I will deal with it because it is DAMN good). Like lily said it's personal prefernce but to get your best vaping experience I reccomend trying both and deciding what your perfect mix is. Just order some 3ml-5ml samples form a website(vaporbomb for example)that allow you to mix your PG/VG percents.

Also the alergic reaction to PG is nothing serious...it won't kill you. But if you're vaping PG and experience headaches, sleepiness, BAD dry mouth(PG always gives a little bit of dry mouth...I mean if it's really really bad), and things like that then switch to VG. If not buy 100ml of VT dulcis and have fun :punk:

Edited by bobthesalesclerk

VERY interesting about the side effects! I posted in the Noobie forum yesterday how I was getting a bad headache and feeling all weird after refilling my cart. Now I'm wondering if one was PG and one was VG (the prefilled vs. the ejuice). That would explain it! Hmmmmm...?

If your getting a headache it's not from the PG it's from the nicotine. Headaches are a sign that your using a strength to high. Move down to a lower strength and this should go away.

IDK. I was using the prefilled carts (which I was told was 24mg) and I was totally fine for a few days. Once I refilled them w/ the ejuice I bought (also 24mg) I felt TERRIBLE. I mean it was to the point I couldn't think about vaping w/o feeling sick. I switched the carts last night and put on another prefilled and I was fine today. Now, I have no idea if the juice in the cart or if the juice I bought is PG or VG, it doesn't say anywhere on the bottle or packaging.

Both the Juice you purchased in the bottle and in the cart was PG. Meaning that it wasn't the PG that made you feel this way if you used the cart and felt fine. Maybe the Juice in the carts wasn't 24MG at all. Usually in starter kits it will have a sticker denoting which level of Nicotine it's at. Some say, no, low, med,and high.

I suggest just moving your nicotine level down and I assume these side effects will subside.

Both the Juice you purchased in the bottle and in the cart was PG. Meaning that it wasn't the PG that made you feel this way if you used the cart and felt fine. Maybe the Juice in the carts wasn't 24MG at all. Usually in starter kits it will have a sticker denoting which level of Nicotine it's at. Some say, no, low, med,and high.

I suggest just moving your nicotine level down and I assume these side effects will subside.

I ordered 18mg (i think, maybe 16?) from here, so hopefully that'll help. It says "high" on the carts, but who knows.