Teeth Question

owutaqt

OK, so my friend who I have converted to e cigs, comes over tonight and announces that her dentist said she cannot e smoke anymore because it is staining her teeth, he took off her temporary crown that she had put on the day she quit smoking and he found a black filmy like substance and said it was caused by smoking.

Has anyone heard of this?

I have not in all my research seen anything like that about teeth?

Your teeth can become stained from a variety of things such as wine, coffee, tea, soda (pop) and some fruits and vegetables. There are dyes in all kinds of process froods that can also stain teeth. I have read on another forum that people have noticed a film building up on car windows from vaping. But when cleaned it did not produce the same icky black/brown film like cigarettes. I would guess that it is left over staining from the cigarettes or food that your friend has been eating.

i will agree with anyone and add one thing...

if she was a smoker, wouldn't that build up be from the cigarettes?? especially if she has been vaping a short time.

just a thought :)

Read my mind! Did she have the crown when she has smoking? I cannot fathom how vaping could cause any buildup, much less black buildup. Makes no sense whatsoever.

I very much doubt the ecig is causing her teeth to stain. My teeth have gotten MUCH whiter since I stopped smoking analogs and moved over to vaping. Add that with my twice a week peroxide mouth swish and I've got myself a congressman smile. :thumbsup:

But really most whitening products contain PG. Nicotine may stain your teeth a little but nothing like the tar in cigarettes.

I remember what the gunk looked like when I'd clean the windows in the car when I smoked. Or the walls in my house for that matter. Since that was the same gunk I was taking into my mouth and lungs and then blowing out onto the windows and walls, I know for a fact that it was on my teeth also. I've been vaping for almost a year now and I no longer have that gunk on the windows or walls. Stands to reason I don't have it on my teeth either. Maybe it is was something she ate instead? Or from smoking before. But I don't think it was from vaping. Just my opinion. I won't give my opinion of the dentists opinion. :whistle:

Friends mistake my teeth for pearls! Gosh, I exhale vape on the bathroom medicine chest mirror every single day. I never have to clean it, seriously, never! Well, sometimes I clean the mirror...I wish I had a congress(wo)man's smile lol! That dentist = quack, quack! :rolleyes2:

My doctor and dentist are glad I quit smoking in general. So honestly, the tar is the culprit from smoking is what is bugging your friend's teeth. Probably the dentist needs to take a bit of research in order to know the benefits of vaping for teeth

my teeth have lost a tint of yellow, and my fingers are actually flesh colored again!

When I exercise, some bad stuff still exhales from my lungs... but as long as it's exhaling instead of inhaling, I'm a very happy girl. :)

Sounds to me like your friends dentist doesn't approve of ecigarettes, and is purposely lying to get your friend to stop.

Remember there's alot of people that just don't like the idea of adults walking around, sticking something in there mouth and exhaling anything that's visible. I suppose they have that point of view for various reasons. This is probably the uptight, brainwashed, sheeple. That also want to keep marijuana illegal, even though alcohol is the worst drug known to man, as far as deaths go, and that's legal.

So yeah, tell your friend, his or her dentist is full of ****

• 2 weeks later...

My dental hygenist was amazed by how white my teeth are looking. She was so impressed, she actually went to get the dentist (who was with another patient, no less) and had me show him my ecigs. They did mention that nicotine does still does affect your gums somewhat, and no nicotine was the ideal. However, he felt that the amount of nicotine was so much less with ecigs that the improvement from analogs would be significant. And the absence of tars and other carcinogens was a huge step in the right direction. He was so enthusiastic about it...he asked if I would send him some cards from various suppliers, so he could recommend them to his patients who smoke!

So,I think that naysayer dentist...needs to find out a lot more about ecigs before he starts giving out that kind of advice. What a jerk. :thumbsdown:

It really sounds to me like the dentist was only half listening and only heard "smoking" and probably has no idea what an e-cigarette is. He probably just thought it was a type of analog. Maybe your friend could provide him with some printouts and information. The more professional advocates we can get, the better!