More E-Cig Info Sites Emerging

Always on the lookout for more and better e-cig information, I recently located a couple of items to share.

First, an utterly spurious article by some idiot named Paul Perillie bashing e-cigs. Full of lies and deception, the "article" (unfortunately for him) was published by NewsDay.com, a site that allows comments. One after another, people are blasting holes in the guy's erroneous declarations. So after reading his poop-laden propaganda, scroll on down for some excellent rebuttals and well-deserved insults:

Legislator takes aim at electronic cigarettes

Next is what appears to be a pretty good clearing house of e-cig information, well worth surfing on a regular basis, I imagine:

ecigwars.com - Exposing the Propaganda, Revealing the Truth

Actually Cooper is working on the ban of sales to minors in his area only which is Suffolk County but of course this will very well lead to other areas and other bans.  We watched it happen with analogs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx-iRjA_tRw

The guys at ELiquidPlanet and ECF member Spikey as they live in the area, have actually moved Cooper to change from a full out ban including not even being able to use or possess an ecig to simply not selling to those underage and a few other minor details for use in public areas. Which is awesome! Whew! So we can all thank ELiquidPlanet and Spikey for their relentless efforts on that one because IF this had gone down in the books as a full out ban, that's how all smoking bans started their rash across the nation and you can bet your booties, others would unintelligently follow.

As for this so called article, the comments made for a more informative article then the actual article. But, as I learned in an episode several months back with a "journalist" from the Denver area, he openly admitted to me that in this day and age, journalists are given a minimal time frame, and barely get paid per article and therefor, research is not a top priority. (yes... my jaw hit the floor too).

Either way... these types of articles do nothing more than rally the esmokers who don't participate on forums, but do read the news and THAT is what is important! Every voice :)

I live on LI currently, not in suffolk, but in Nassau county. After hearing about this, i will be keeping a closer eye on public laws that my county might try to pass. Hopefully nothing will come up, but if not, ecigs have my voice 100%

I think it's very important to keep up with this type of thing, I never really followed city law until an ordnance was passed that analogs could not be smoked within 15ft of any business. They are working on outlawing analogs in public period.

I'm sure it wouldn't take much for them to kick ecigs of the street as well.

we stood around and watched when analogs came to a halt. We chatted in bars and restaurants saying it wasn't right but low and behold the anti-smokers didn't sit still. So we do need to stand up for what we think is right. The word must go out. What ever happened to the petition with 10K sigs, did that go anywhere? Let's hope it went to the right people.

There was a push made with the petition and it was emailed by several esmokers with their testimonies to all of the Senate HELP Committee staffers and directed to two persons in the FDA. One of the persons in the FDA did respond to a couple of the emails noting that it had been received and would be taken into consideration.

It also has made it onto Bill Godshall's (SmokeFree PA) email list so he blasts it out to his anti-smoking/tobacco harm reduction people on a weekly basis.

The other thing we can't forget to remember is that in order for the FDA to pull anything off of the market, they have to do two things: 1. Ask for testimonials from current users and 2. Evaluate those testimonials and determine what to do. This is what Smoking Everywhere/Njoy is arguing is that the FDA did not in fact, follow their own guidelines for stopping items being sold or imported.

So there is definitely a strong argument that while it may be "petition" and it won't necessarily impact the way legislation is written, it can definitely have an impact when it comes to determining a ban. 10,000 people claiming that they have "accidentally quit" smoking tobacco is very hard to dismiss and could cause a huge public uproar if the FDA does side with the pharmaceutical companies and promote a real ban of any kind.

Well I'm glad that it got sent out, but do you really think that would hold up in court? I mean does the site show unique IP's for every person that signed it?

I remember I signed it but I can't remember if it asked for personal details or not, either way if it didn't there wouldn't be much to prove who signed it in the first place. Not trying to get negative just curious. :)

It doesn't necessarily have to hold up in court. The FDA does reserve the right to use "moral" and "societal" issues when making their decisions. For instance, a bit ago, the FDA decided that they were going to ban this med that was literally only given to people on their death beds as this med had been around before the FDA. It is extremely potent, basically keeping the patient in an induced coma state until their passing. However, it was never FDA approved.

After they did this, several doctors and health providers petitioned the FDA noting that this drug was really the only thing that could keep these people from dying an extremely painful death and therefor, should be allowed until something better came along. The FDA took these "testimonials" into consideration and reinstated the use of the drug.

Another instance was when they were determining whether to allow the morning after pill be allowed without prescription to women under 17. The FDA determined that "children" could not make the necessary responsible deductions to use this product without the assistance of a doctor or a parent and that society shifts lead the FDA to believe that young women would actually start turning to the morning-after pill as a form of birth control.

But now that we do know they have copies of the actual petition, if it ever came down to it, a good lawyer could figure out a way to get them to acknowledge that they do have testimony from e-smokers and that by banning the product, it would in fact have a detrimental affect on the current users, ie: they would be sent back smoking tobacco which for some with serious medical conditions from smoking, could be detrimental immediately and for those without serious condition, could in fact lead to the onset of serious conditions.

It might not look like it now, but it is a card in the big game and it could come into play and be the winning ace... you never know :)

• 2 weeks later...

I live on LI currently, not in suffolk, but in Nassau county. After hearing about this, i will be keeping a closer eye on public laws that my county might try to pass. Hopefully nothing will come up, but if not, ecigs have my voice 100%

Hey,

Glad to see some locals here, June 27th we went to the local hearing, We had about 12 people representing (suffolk, nassau queens and manhattan). There is another Hearing on July 30th. This is when they will come to a decision on whether or not to make the ecig fall under the smoking ban. That would mean we can only use them where people can smoke analogs.

We can use your help.

Info is here:

http://www.VapersClub.com/

Peace...