Newbie Info And Advice Needed

Adammg

Hi,

First off let me apologize for the long post.I am thinking about switching to vaping to try and quit cigarettes. My goal is to one day be off nicotine. I've tried the patches, gum, you name it. None of them seemed to be enough for me to quit. I heard about vaping over a radio station that advertised Vapormate which IMO when I looked into is kind of expensive and seems iffy. Right now I am smoking about pack a day of Marlboro Lights. Main reason for wanting to quit is health issues, I have gastrointestinal problems as well as esophageal issues and I know analog smoke and its chemicals is irritating both as well as my lungs.

I am thinking of getting a Ego, cause of its battery life and reviews seem to be just a 510 with better battery.

I'm not really sure how all this works just yet. so correct me if I get this wrong. I wondering about starting out on a 12MG Liquid so if I refill 3 times a day that'd be equivalent to about a pack of Marlb then weening down to lower doses. Not sure if thats true or thats how it works out but read somewhere a pack contacts somewhere around 34MG of nicotine.

Wheres the cheapest place to buy all of my stuff at once to get me started? I'm guessing I will need the Joye Ego, 2 Attys, Juice, and empty cartridges to fill and carry with me. What would be a good flavor to start with I like Marlb taste, Turkish taste, Cherry sounds good too or a mix of flavorful tabacco with a hint of cherry.

Any input at all would be great to get me on the right track, I appreciate yall's time and look forward to learning more.

Adammg

Hi, welcome to the Vapor Talk Forum! Glad you're here! Oh my, there are so many suppliers to choose from. You might want to check out the Suppliers link at the top of the page here and do some price comparison. I ordered my eGo from Janty USA. They are not the cheapest, but provide a quality product and personally have had wonderful service from them. Others may weigh in with their supplier. You might want to start out with a higher nic level, maybe a 18/16mg and work your way down. There are many here who vape 0 nic. Read as much as you can, watch the videos, and don't hesitate to ask questions. There will always be someone to answer them. Good Luck!

Edited by Lily

Welcome to VaporTalk!! You're on the right path, you can't go wrong with an eGo and 12-18mg to start. Purchase some 0nic (0mg) in the same flavor as your 18mg so you'll be able to cut it easily at your own pace. Marlbro is a good solid flavor, 555 is a good nutty tobacco, Ry4 is a sweet tobacco (caramel/vanilla added), Hilton is a tad cigarish but a good tobacco flavor, Honey Flue Cured tobacco is great, Dulcis and Tobacco flavors from VTstore are great flavors. Lily gave to you good tips, not much to add but ramblings. Happy Vaping!

Ignore my last post. Didn't come across right. Sorry

Who sells a PG/VG mix with a wide variety of flavors? Figure that'd be a good place for me to start

Also is it possible if I get a tobacco flavor and cherry flavor to mix? Say 4 drops tobacco, 2 drops cherry?

Already ordered my Joye Ego, just needing to figure out juice now.

Welcome to VT! :) I think Marlboro Lights have closer to 1mg nic per cigarette, so you're probably closer to 20mg per pack. However, you'll find that vaping is not like smoking and it's really hard to compare how many cigs you smoke vs. how much ejuice you use. You'll love the eGo, no doubt.

Here are some vendors I would recommend looking at:

PureSmoker ($60 Full eGo Kit)

Electronicstix ($70 Full eGo Kit - Use VTALK10 for 10% discount)

VaporGalaxy ($70 Full eGo Kit - Use VTALK for 10% discount)

Can't help you on the cherry tobacco. My favorite eliquids are from the Vapor Talk Store. If you like cherry, you may find a good cherry and mix it with a tobacco.

Who sells a PG/VG mix with a wide variety of flavors? Figure that'd be a good place for me to start

Also is it possible if I get a tobacco flavor and cherry flavor to mix? Say 4 drops tobacco, 2 drops cherry?

You may want to check out wordup for eliquid. Jeffrey had a sampler for $21. You pick 5 flavors in 5ml bottles. You pick the strength, PG, VG or 50/50 mix. Free shipping too. It's a good way to sample different flavors without spending a lot and ending up with a lot of juice you may not like.

Wordup

Welcome to VT!!! Velvet Vapors sell different size of sample packs 5x3ml bottles for $12, 5x6ml bottles for $20, 5x10ml bottles for $32 and 3x30ml bottles for $46. They supply hand-mixed, gourmet vaping liquids for your personal vaporizer. They offer their juices in an amazing variety of flavors, bases, strengths, and sizes, and strive to provide the best products and customer service possible. Velvet Vapors has more than 40 flavors that are all-natural, with no artificial flavors or colors. Customize your liquid by choosing the base. Each order is made to your specifications at the time of purchase so you can ask them if they can mix a couple flavors for you.http://www.velvetvapors.com/

And theres also johnson creek which have's very good flavors too!

would definitely getting a few different strengths and few different flavors. The marlboro is a nice mellow flavor, if you try wordup--I am really loving their champagne flavor. been a long time since I have had any cherry flavors--but I used to love them. so many flavors to try out there......

Initially, don't worry about how much nicotine you 'need'--get some different strength and see what works. you can work on decreasing the nicotine once you get the hang of things.

supplies--sounds like you have a good handle on what you need. as budget allows--extra atomizers, batteries, chargers, liquids--backups, backups, backups.

wordup

BTW--welcome.

keeping asking, we will try to help

Welcome to Vapor Talk. I'm sure you'll love that eGo. Just remember to take it easy at first. If you have any problems ask a lot of questions and people will jump in here to help you out. While you're waiting for your kit, try watching some of the videos on here. You'll learn a lot. Be sure to let us know what you think of the eGo when you get it.

One last question. I've order all my supplies except extra cartridges for my ego. Whats a good place with free shipping to get them thats closest to TN? Already ordered from 2 different places, trying to keep cost down.

Thanks again and sorry,

Adam

Most orders will get to you within 2-3 days from anywhere in the country so I wouldn't worry about supplier location to much. Wordup is the only place I know of that has free shipping no matter what the $ value of the order.

Welcome to Vapor Talk Adammg.

VaporBomb is an excellent juice vendor with over a hundred different flavors. Your able to order any juice in any mix combo for PG/VG(I like 60PG/40VG) Shipping is under $4 and most times they add free samples to your orders. Carmel Candy, Waffle, Cinnabomb, Fire&Ice are some of my favorites.

From what i have found personally. (your milage may vary)

I love the ego, charge both batteries and i was good for all day, now 2 batts can get me 4 days ish.

i went from store bought juice to mixing my self (be careful nicotine is a poison) and it allows soooo many flavor combinations when your ready. Until then start with your pre-filled carts that come with a kit, then buy some other flavored carts. I say this because there is a routine difference between analogs (buying a pack of tobacco) and vaping, i found it much eisier to start with only having to charge a battery, pop on a cart and vape. i now mix my own liquid and direct drip and have two homemade (cheap/ugly) mods. If someone that custom mixed and direct dripped came up to me before i started vaping and said "Look what i do instead of smoking" i would have said thats too much bs to go through. However there is a natural progression and its really a routine now. start easy.

Good luck.

Oh asfar as places to buy and price. You get what you pay for. Watch alot of youtube reviews, they try alot of stuff and have good insight. search youtube for "Grimmgreen", "moobyghost", "phee303", "QCAssociates", "Doctorvapor", "bigicedog", "allaboutthevapor"