Smoked Two Analogs! :-(

MtnLioness

I was having problems getting good vapor tonight--finally took out the silver tip/bridge in my atty and that has helped. But..........smoked not one, but two damn analogs! :wallbash: I'm surprised at myself. Thought I'd never smoke another one!

I just started vaping Wedneday at noon. For those not familiar, I've smoked 35+ years and am loving vaping! Just working out the quirks.

I know, I know....I shouldn't be hard on myself. I've told myself all along I can have a cig if I want. I don't want to put pressure on myself. But from the moment I got some good ejuice I've been totally into this.

So...yeah, was having a little problem getting good hits. But why'd I have two cigs? I just don't want to fall back into analogs. I know I won't.......? :unsure: But didn't think I'd pick up another cig, either.

How many have been in my shoes?

Arrrrggg! :(

Hi, you're absolutely right about not being hard on yourself. Everyone's experience in transitioning from analogs to vaping is slightly different. I don't believe there is any right or wrong here. Hopefully you have spare attys and can try a new one, perhaps eventually try a LR atty, or try a higher nic level. Gluck!

Not getting good enough vapor could be why you had an analog. Be sure to take long, slow drags on the eGo. I went through a rough spot where I wasn't getting enough vapor and that advice helped me tremendously. I think I had reverted back to taking a quick drag like I had on analogs and that was my whole problem. Having a couple of analogs isn't the end of the world. It was a crutch...for a moment. Hang in there. And remember, it keeps getting better and better. We're all here for you!

I vape tobacco flavored liquid about 80% of the time. A few weeks ago I ran out of my tobacco liquid and had 2 days to wait until my order arrived. I was fine the first day only vaping sweet stuff but by the second day I was having mad cigarette cravings. I tried to smoke one but got through 3 hits and had to put it out because it tasted so gross.

You will get some cigarette cravings when you first start vaping/get through the learning curve. If you get a craving just keep vaping and vaping(even if you don't put you're device down for 20 minutes straight)and it will eventually pass. Switching from analogs to vaping is still difficult...just not nearly as bad as anything else.

Keep your head up...we have all been in this situation :)

Also I would recommend what a few other people have already said. Try getting some low resistance attomizers and remember to take long(4-6 second)slow drags rather than short quick hits.

Edited by bobthesalesclerk

i feel for you! The others gave excellent advice. This is typical, don't beat yourself up!

Nana nailed the number one reason for lack of vapor. Slowly filling your mouth with vapor before inhaling helps too. A flooded or gunky or dry atty will produce low vapor. Drain your atty, drop in a few drops of VG, let it sit for an hour. Drop in a few more, let that sit. Drop in a few drops of your favorite liquid and vape away.

Frustrating when the vapor is low... just know that it happens.

Totally okay to smoke while vaping... I'm sure its been said but you get addicted to more than just the nicotine in cigarettes. Don't beat yourself up, just enjoy yourself!! Sooner or later youll have it to where youll crave a cigarette, vape a bunch, and not even think about it anymore. OR even not! Some of our members still smoke after months and/or years of vaping. Either way, we'll still love ya. My advice: Keep at it, dont worry about it, and listen to your body. :)

Way to hard on yourself. We all know the power of the analog. When I started vaping I smoked by day and vaped at night for the first week before making the switch completely, and then had to go back to analogs for a few days due to a power outage (couldn't charge my batteries). One thing you can do to help is make sure you have plenty of attys. They can be finicky some times so it's always good to be able to put a new one on.

Just gotta say---this forum and you guys ROCK!! :animier: Thanks SO much for the great advice and support!

Okay, so yes, I realize now that I'm probably not drawing long enough. Also, I get confused between not wanting to flood the atty to not having enough e-liquid in my eGo (I'm direct dripping). Was just getting frustrated at not getting a good hit again, and put two more drops in and was fine.

STRESS is such a trigger. First thing today I got into an argument with hubby on the phone (had just woke up!) and BAM---grabbed a cig.

I have 8 packs of cigs. I figure, hey, if I smoke 'em while I'm learning to rock this new vaping experience, so be it!! I'm still going to avoid them, and when I have the vapor/hit rockin', it is SOOOOO much better then an analog!

Again, thanks, everyone!!! This forum is awesome!! :wub:

bobthesalesclerk

Contributing Member

Group:VT Member

"Also I would recommend what a few other people have already said. Try getting some low resistance attomizers and remember to take long(4-6 second)slow drags rather than short quick hits."

I have smoked for over 40 years by inhaling those short hits...I have been struggling this past week...every other day with wanting to light up a cigarette...today being one of them...till I read this and it reminded me to take long slow drags......It worked....Ty to all the vapors who share ....It really does help. I very much needed this reminder.

Edited by IndomitableVapor

just take it easy, and don't put any pressure on yourself.

i accidentally quit smoking as I just purchased eCigs to cut back...i kept my analogs on one side of the desk, my ecig on the other and occasionally instead of reaching for the analog pack, i'd just vape to see how it suited me...

in about 3 days time i was done with analogs. I haven't touched an analog since as my brian naturally preferred the better tasting, odorless alternative...

just have fun with it!

also - what model are you vaping? that has a lot to do with it too...

I have been vaping for about a year and a half and I am still smoking analogs 1st thing in the morning and in the evenings. I quit vaping for about 8 months when my 1st dse 901 stopped working (I guess the batteries wear out). I bought another 901 plus a spare starter kit and although I haven't stopped analogs altogether yet, I have cut back from a little over a pack a day to about 6 or 7 a day. For me it is the process of lighting up and taking a break. I vape all day at work without using an analog, but I do it at my desk and it is not the same as taking time out for an analog. I will not beat myself up for smoking analogs, and I hope eventually I won't use them at all.

Not getting good enough vapor could be why you had an analog. Be sure to take long, slow drags on the eGo. I went through a rough spot where I wasn't getting enough vapor and that advice helped me tremendously. I think I had reverted back to taking a quick drag like I had on analogs and that was my whole problem. Having a couple of analogs isn't the end of the world. It was a crutch...for a moment. Hang in there. And remember, it keeps getting better and better. We're all here for you!

Yes pulling long and deep is the key, works much better for me that way too. :)