Here's An Interesting Story Re: Nicotine Strength And Safety Around Children

girldragon

I just read the new rules re: discussions of nicotine liquid strengths and wanted to share a story with you all. Nicotine is indeed a poison (yes-we all know) We are all human (again we know right?) Well-I have 3 small children and even though I would never purchase liquid at any higher dose than 36mgs (really it's enough of a savings for me as I like 12-18mgs) Anyway, last night I got my new mega cartomizers and was filling them on the counter-I had some major spillage and cleaned it up with my paper towel, my kids then 4 hours later got out some ice cream to eat and all of the sudden my daughter said "my tongue is burning" and she went and rinsed her mouth out, she still felt burning after and I had been thinking WTH is going on, and remembered that I had filled my carto there. My oldest son had set the big spoon down on the counter (where I had filled the carto and wiped it up with a papertowel) and my daughter had picked up the spoon and licked it.

The point is-we love our nicotine-but it's strong, and now I will wipe up all my spills with a dish cloth and soap, AND thank goodness it was only 11 mgs. :wallbash:

Edited by girldragon

Not to sound insensitive or rude, but as adults and parents we do need to show some responsibility for our actions. We shouldn't leave bleach or antifeeze out around where children can get in to it. And we should keep matches and alcohol out of reach of children too. Well how is nicotine different? We should clean up after our mess and keep our children safe. What I don't need or want is a nanny state where the FDA or any one tries to tell me what i can or can't do. How much is too much nicotine or caffeine. As an adult I take full responsibilities for my actions. In return I know I should be careful to protect children and wildlife.

I simply object to filtering my thoughts, strangling my free speech, and chipping away at my freedom. :)

Edited by Jkimbo

Thank you for being brave enough to share your story so that we can all learn from it.

I am so glad your little girl was ok.

I always have baby wipes with me when I am filling and messing with juice, so if I spill I can get it up right away and there is no way that it is going to still be there.

The other thing you might want to be careful about is calling it "JUICE" in front of the kids. Call it nicotine liquid or niquid or whatever don't let them thin its juice.

Take care!

Not to sound insensitive or rude, but as adults and parents we do need to show some responsibility for our actions. We shouldn't leave bleach or antifeeze out around where children can get in to it. And we should keep matches and alcohol out of reach of children too. Well how is nicotine different? We should clean up after our mess and keep our children safe. What I don't need or want is a nanny state where the FDA or any one tries to tell me what i can or can't do. How much is too much nicotine or caffeine. As an adult I take full responsibilities for my actions. In return I know I should be careful to protect children and wildlife.

I simply object to filtering my thoughts, strangling my free speech, and chipping away at my freedom. :)

Love the reply lol! I do hear where you are coming from-I just thought I would post it as an FYI because even though I consider myself and intelligent, educated and responsible adult I make mistakes (as I am sure you do as well) and yes-I am responsible for my mistakes, but considering they are so easy to make-I honestly would not have thought that any of the e-liquid would have remained after I wiped it with a towel, let alone be transferred onto a spoon that set there for a minute. It was just an eye opening awareness and I wanted to share it.

Its always a good reminder for ourselves. As parents we have moments of clarity with our kids--I am mostly surprised that both my children survived to adulthood. Its amazing some of the stupid things I did when they were young--working night, sleep deprivation and raising children is not always a good combination.

I am glad your daughter is ok--and it really is a good reminder. Thank you for sharing that !!

Thank you for being brave enough to share your story so that we can all learn from it.

I am so glad your little girl was ok.

I always have baby wipes with me when I am filling and messing with juice, so if I spill I can get it up right away and there is no way that it is going to still be there.

The other thing you might want to be careful about is calling it "JUICE" in front of the kids. Call it nicotine liquid or niquid or whatever don't let them thin its juice.

Take care!

Oh good info-see it's these little things that we may not think of. I don't believe I have discussed the liquid with the children at all, directly, but perhaps with my husband and they are such little sponges!! If I change my terminology now it will become a habbit and I will be less likely to slip. Good tip-thanks

Certainly I understand the purpose of posting your story. And I too am glad your daughter is ok. Nicotine this deluted will only cause discomfort and slight irritation. Had it been pure nicotine it would have been more serious. I don't even vape in front of my kids because they are only 6 and I don't want them to try copying me. As they get older it will become a different story. Sorry if I sounded preachy. I am just so freaking pissed at the FDA and critics and including some from our own community preaching. I just got banned from a vapor forum simply for speaking up for free speech and freedom. The hypocrisy runs high on both sides of the river. The forum I got banned from ridiculed the FDA for it's power struggle and for strangling our freedom and then they turn around and censor posts LMAO. I simply tell it like it is. Peace :)

:thumbsup: I am also quite impressed that you would brave the potential admionishment by sharing a very important story of warning to others! We all make mistakes and learn by making mistakes! Great Job and listen to Kitsune, she really seems to know what she's talkin' about. I don't have any children of my own but that "don't call it juice comment was spot on!" :thumbsup:

This is also a good reminder not to become relaxed with your supplies. After reading this, I realized I had three bottles of juice sitting on my desk and they have been there for a few days. I put them away with the rest, out of sight and out of reach.

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup: