Ego 1 Week In

Arcsylver

Well I got my eGo on the 1st of the month and here we are one week later on the 7th so I figured I would post a progress report.

First let me preface this with a small explanation of why I went with the eGo.

I work as a security guard for a not to be named worldwide security company. Due to this I work some pretty messed up hours.

here is the schedule I work.

:Monday 10 pm to 1 am

Tuesday 10 pm to 2 am

Wednesday and Thursday 10 pm to 1 am

Friday 10pm to 2 am

Saturday 6 am to 9 am then a second shift 9 pm to 6 am

Sunday 10 am to 6 pm and a second shift 9 pm to 1 am

Yes that's right on my Sunday I essentially go to work at 9 pm on Sunday and don't come home until 1 am on Monday due to the short breaks between shifts. Don't ask, the schedule is nuts and I need the 13+ an hour the job pays.

OK with that said, my old Blu Cig really wasn't cutting it especially on the day from heck. So I got the eGo.

this weekend proved the worth of the eGo beautifully, I got a good solid 8 hours or use with the eGo per battery without it breaking a sweat. I have a little Black and Decker power inverter I use for a portable DVD player that has a 5 volt usb power port on it I used to recharge the eGo batteries as they ran out while I used the spare and it worked fantastic. Consistent vapor from start to finish, I could notice at the end of each battery the flavor tended to die off about 30 minutes before the battery did which was a good indicator it was almost time for the battery change out.

Great flavor out of the Vapor Galaxy Marlb juice, my Modern Vapor Peach was pretty good too. Not too impressed with vapor galaxy 100%VG Cafe Espresso though, had an odd sorta buttery aftertaste I am not crazy about.

I did the weekend with the standard atty's but I removed the bridge wick after I burnt the Cafe Espresso a bit, VG juice is very unforgiving of being burnt, especially coffee flavors I have found (YUCK!).

So after approximately 25 to 30 mL of juice I must say I am extremely pleased with the eGo and I cant wait for my latest orders to come in so I can try the flavors I have coming from Vapor Talk and the blue 900maH battery, cone and LR Atty I have coming from Vapor Galaxy.

One thing I didn't like that much about the eGo is how small it is, it is so tiny that it feels kinda weird in my hand (I have big hands) which is one of the reasons I ordered the 900 maH battery, to see how that feels. That and I just like blue lol.

Lessons learned:

Keep a paper towel in my pocket for blowing out the atty when , not if I flood it.

100% VG juice just isn't for me.

Removing the top wick on a 510 atty definitely improves the flavor if you burn it. but you gotta make darn sure to keep it wet.

Keep a selection of flavors handy, vaping nothing but tobacco flavors gets boring after a few days.

eGo cartos at least to me give the juice an odd taste, wondering if 510 cartos might be a better option.

I definitely prefer dripping to any other method of vaping, the flavor is SO much better than with a carto or cartridge

Be careful when charging batteries. I had a little problem I will be posting about elsewhere on the forums that has me a bit concerned .

well that's it for my week in vaping.

Thanks everyone for all the great advice, info and support so far and keep vaping.

And to answer the one question you had... 510 cartos will work much better on the eGo, IMO. If I were you... I would go with a Med. Resistance carto and see how you like that. The standard ones work... you just have to make sure you do the long/slow/steady drags each time. I like to give mine a go when I need to vape! Glad you like it thus far! :thumbsup:

And to answer the one question you had... 510 cartos will work much better on the eGo, IMO. If I were you... I would go with a Med. Resistance carto and see how you like that. The standard ones work... you just have to make sure you do the long/slow/steady drags each time. I like to give mine a go when I need to vape! Glad you like it thus far! :thumbsup:

I have a couple of LR attys inbound right now to try out along with the larger battery. I was thinking of checking out the 510 cartos. The ones specifically for the eGo just taste off to me for some reason. I really prefer the taste of direct drip to cartys or cartos to be honest, much better flavor and just feels better.

With those hours, you'd be a good candidate for the new eGo/Tornado PCC.

Gald you're enjoying the eGo. :thumbsup:

I thought about that until I realized something about the PCC's out there.

They all more or less work like using one air tank to fill another. You never really get a full charge out of a charging cycle, all you really do is equalize the charge between the two batteries each time you use the PCC, with each consecutive recharge the PCC has less overall juice to give to the battery it is charging.

I dont know if this would effect the batteries over time and reduce thier capacity or not but not really sure if it is worth the risk at 20 dollar a pop for batteries.

Glad you are enjoying your eGo! I know I'm very happy with mine too! I've been vaping my eGo for about a month now. I'm going to buy a USB straight pass through and see what the 5 Volt vaping is like. Kinda get my feet wet so to speak! Not too sure about a larger 5 Volt PV yet. They seem to cost a lot! But they look VERY nice! :) I've been lookin at a "Spade" though. The bright LED colors are callin my name! LOL