Cr123 Questions

OK, heres the deal, I have left my CR123 LiFeP04 batteries on charge overnight because I didn't want to stay up and wait for them. Now the SOBs don't want to hold a charge for very long The joker "goes to blue" in a matter of minutes. Did the charger damage them? Shouldn't it just "green light" and stay there? Any opinions? I don't know squat about LiFeP04 batteries.....help

Does the unit shut off, or just go to blue? Reason I ask is because with a Joye 510 (2.2ohm), my light always turns blue because the LiFePO4's can't hold over 5.2V under load. I've also had it do this with a carto from time to time. May also clean out your connector on the Joker to make sure there's no juice in it. I would try another atty or carto and see if it does the same thing.

If you have a meter, check the voltage of the batteries... fresh charged will be about 3.6V. After a little use, they should hang around 3.2V for a while.

Oh - The charge isn't suppose to over charge, but IDK.

Edited by Brian

Right Then! My thanks, I changed the carto out (it was fairly new) and my problem has been resolved. TA DA. You guys are great, I love this place. I also order some tenergey batteries as well. Do you think they will charge on my CR123 charger? they are 750mah vs 300. I don't think that it is an issue at all, but Battery Junction said the didn't know.

I don't see why not, since they are both LiFePO4, but I don't know enough about batteries to say. I never could find any info on the batteries that came with the Joker. You may shoot vaprlife an email and ask if it's okay.

Here's the kit I ordered... 6 batts and charger for $37.

BatteryJunction

I don't see why not, since they are both LiFePO4, but I don't know enough about batteries to say. I never could find any info on the batteries that came with the Joker. You may shoot vaprlife an email and ask if it's okay.

Here's the kit I ordered... 6 batts and charger for $37.

BatteryJunction

Crap - that was a typo - should be $27, not $37.