How Often Do You Change Carts Or Add Liquid?

girldragon

:) Everyone is different. I tried many many different flavors early on, but for the most part I had one flavor that worked for me and was my "all day vape". Even now I only have a couple of flavors that I use 99% of the time.

:) Everyone is different. I tried many many different flavors early on, but for the most part I had one flavor that worked for me and was my "all day vape". Even now I only have a couple of flavors that I use 99% of the time.

Well, I find so far the reg. tobaco carts that came with the tornado or the menthol I got are the two I like-tried the coffee last night and it's not for me. What I wonder though is how often you add new liquid? I mean do you use the same cartridge of liquid all day or do you add more liquid (or refill the cart) every hour or so-depending on how much you are vaping I know, but on average. Maybe this is more clear-how many puffs do you get from a full cartridge (on average). I find I am using the e-cig differently then analogs as I have a few puffs and move on faster, but am back to vape more often-clear as mud?

I am going to a cook out today and want to know what I need to bring for supplies to keep me happy for a while :icecream:

ETA- I also really seem to want a good throat hit-if I can't feel it it's not as good for me lots of vapor or not kwim?

Edited by girldragon

Ah - I'm with you now. :) Sorry, but I direct drip - don't use carts. I never had much luck with them. You do want to keep the filler material good and wet though. You'll be able to tell when it's getting low, or not releasing the juice. Just check it once in a while and add a few drops as needed. I would definately take a bottle of juice with you. If I recall correctly, a cart only hold about 10 drops so it's not going to last long.

Oh - may find that dripping give you a better throat hit and vapor.

Edited by Brian

Ah - I'm with you now. :) Sorry, but I direct drip - don't use carts. I never had much luck with them. You do want to keep the filler material good and wet though. You'll be able to tell when it's getting low, or not releasing the juice. Just check it once in a while and add a few drops as needed. I would definately take a bottle of juice with you. If I recall correctly, a cart only hold about 10 drops so it's not going to last long.

Oh - may find that dripping give you a better throat hit and vapor.

Okay-that is on with what I am feeling-yes a cart only holds about 10 drops and so it isn't supposed to last me that long (maybe worth a few reg. cigs) I will go and watch the video again about how to direct drip and try that out before I leave today.

Hi, I also ditto Brian on finding a fave flavor for all day, and then alternating with other flavors. I'm assuming you're speaking of a cartridge with filler, rather than a cartomizer which will last a longer time between fills. If and when I use a cartridge with filler, for some reason I can't keep track of puffs. As soon as the taste changes I add more liquid. Even with a carto I do that in order to keep its filler moist. Although vaping mimics smoking analogs, for me it's become its own entity. I think you'll find your way and preferences as you go along.

Okay-now that I have done this for a day-I am finding that I want to have new liquid fairly often. I would say I fill a cart with new liquid and smoke for maybe the equivalent of a few analogs-then I want a new cart. Is this how it is?

IMHO, There are basically only to two kinds of liquids out there. Candy and tobacco. While the candy tasting kind are fun to try out and some are just fantastic for space juice! I can only use tobacco for all day vaping. But that's just me :)

Also, I found I had to add to carts quicker, doesn't hold as much as cartomizers. I usually take two cartomizers filled with tobacco flavor and one cart in case I want a spacer flavor in between. This will last me on my way to work and get home too. When I get home I do direct drip and it really does taste better and hit better that way. I get about 10 good hits from 3 drops. But I prefer carring my ego in my pocket loaded with a tobacco cartomizer. Again that's just me :)

Wether you use a cart or a cartomizer... you will need to add drops/top off every so often. IMO, if you are going to use one of the two methods, I would say go with cartomizers. They are really easy to top off when needed and you dont have to worry about burning it up because you will easily know when to add juice. Also nice because you don't have much, if any, leakage from them. And if you change juices during a day you can simply take two with you that have different juices in them and you are good to go. In summary, you will really need to add drops/top off no matter what method you use... unless you just direct drip on the atty. I have found that cartos are just easier to maintain on a daily basis and the flavor/vapor/throat hit are all great from them. The last thing I would highly recommend is that if you end up with an eGo... you would want to go with a 'medium resistance cartomizer' instead of a standard one. They just burn a bit hotter and provide those things we crave when using them. Lets see... I like the ones from here ok: CARTOS

Or you could go with these CARTOS and get a 510 to 901 adapter to use with your eGo. I will quit rambling on for now! :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

... I would say go with cartomizers. They are really easy to top off when needed and you dont have to worry about burning it up because you will easily know when to add juice. Also nice because you don't have much, if any, leakage from them. ...

I love the cartomizers, too. The easiest way I found to top them is with those rubber tips that come on them. Squeeze about fifteen drops of juice into one of those tips and push the cartomizer down onto it; fills it up nice and easy with very little mess and no popping the little pieces out. As for easily knowing when you need to add juice, I find that I know when that is when i start tasting or smelling a burnt taste or smell. This, of course, may be a little too late, but it is my indication to add more. Those fifteen drops go quite a ways in a cartomizer! Good luck and have fun at the BBQ and telling everyone about your cool new device!

I love the cartomizers, too. The easiest way I found to top them is with those rubber tips that come on them. Squeeze about fifteen drops of juice into one of those tips and push the cartomizer down onto it; fills it up nice and easy with very little mess and no popping the little pieces out. As for easily knowing when you need to add juice, I find that I know when that is when i start tasting or smelling a burnt taste or smell. This, of course, may be a little too late, but it is my indication to add more. Those fifteen drops go quite a ways in a cartomizer! Good luck and have fun at the BBQ and telling everyone about your cool new device!

Yeah, if you wait till then you waited too long. Once it gets burnt, it's burnt... try to do it before it gets to that point. It will just lengthen the life of them alot... and the taste won't go bad nearly as quick. Just my opinion. :thumbsup:

Wether you use a cart or a cartomizer... you will need to add drops/top off every so often. IMO, if you are going to use one of the two methods, I would say go with cartomizers. They are really easy to top off when needed and you dont have to worry about burning it up because you will easily know when to add juice. Also nice because you don't have much, if any, leakage from them. And if you change juices during a day you can simply take two with you that have different juices in them and you are good to go. In summary, you will really need to add drops/top off no matter what method you use... unless you just direct drip on the atty. I have found that cartos are just easier to maintain on a daily basis and the flavor/vapor/throat hit are all great from them. The last thing I would highly recommend is that if you end up with an eGo... you would want to go with a 'medium resistance cartomizer' instead of a standard one. They just burn a bit hotter and provide those things we crave when using them. Lets see... I like the ones from here ok: CARTOS

Or you could go with these CARTOS and get a 510 to 901 adapter to use with your eGo. I will quit rambling on for now! :thumbsup:

Okay-I used direct drip and one of the cartridges today (and nobody even cared much about it at the BBQ-that half of the family is so weird anyway) I did like the direct drip, taste, hit, and vapor. I did find it a bit messy when I took the cart tip (with no fill in it) out to drip again-kind of yukky, but not terrible. The cartomizers looked interesting to me to begin, but i didn't realize you can use them with the tornado/ego. So if I got a med. res cartomizer does it take the place of the atomizer AND the cartridge tip? How long does a cartomizer last before you have to throw it out?

Hi, your last post girldragon was pretty funny! Family at the BBQ! For me too, direct dipping was messy at first. I put only no more than three drops at a time, and have my paper towel at the ready for spills and condensation that collects on the empty cartridge. I'm using cartos with my ego just about all of the time now with a shorty widemouth Delrin drip tip on the end (I remove that white soft tip on the carto). Yes, a carto does take the place of an atomizer. A carto has the atty and filler in one unit. So rather than three pieces you have two. When I first began using cartos, I used them for several weeks, but they really get kind of yucky tasting after a week imo no matter what you do to clean them. Because they are fairly economical, there is no need to hang on to them forever. Good luck with your eGo. As you go along you'll find what works best for you. Keep posting and asking questions. :)

Hi, your last post girldragon was pretty funny! Family at the BBQ! For me too, direct dipping was messy at first. I put only no more than three drops at a time, and have my paper towel at the ready for spills and condensation that collects on the empty cartridge. I'm using cartos with my ego just about all of the time now with a shorty widemouth Delrin drip tip on the end (I remove that white soft tip on the carto). Yes, a carto does take the place of an atomizer. A carto has the atty and filler in one unit. So rather than three pieces you have two. When I first began using cartos, I used them for several weeks, but they really get kind of yucky tasting after a week imo no matter what you do to clean them. Because they are fairly economical, there is no need to hang on to them forever. Good luck with your eGo. As you go along you'll find what works best for you. Keep posting and asking questions. :)

Thanks-yes family BBQ often=weird. Anyway, I guess I will keep a supply bag with goods for a while until I know exactly what to expect. I am about to order the Tornado mega cartomizers from TW as I can't seem to find regular cartomizers for it there. So good to know about 1 a week, that's economical for sure. I want to mix my own liquid also-but need to search to find info on how to. Thanks-so far so good-it's keeping off the analogs and I do enjoy it

Well, I find so far the reg. tobaco carts that came with the tornado or the menthol I got are the two I like-tried the coffee last night and it's not for me. What I wonder though is how often you add new liquid? I mean do you use the same cartridge of liquid all day or do you add more liquid (or refill the cart) every hour or so-depending on how much you are vaping I know, but on average. Maybe this is more clear-how many puffs do you get from a full cartridge (on average). I find I am using the e-cig differently then analogs as I have a few puffs and move on faster, but am back to vape more often-clear as mud?

I am going to a cook out today and want to know what I need to bring for supplies to keep me happy for a while :icecream:

ETA- I also really seem to want a good throat hit-if I can't feel it it's not as good for me lots of vapor or not kwim?

On the mega cartos for the Tornado, I fill them up like 5 - 50 times, it all depends on the carto tho, some refill alot and some you can only refill like 1 or 2 times, I usually try to get the most outta every one, When the carto starts to taste like burnt filler than its time to fill, hope this helps :beer:

Edited by BEERCITYVAPRZ