Cartomizer Material

bmeyer46

I've seen the videos on using Fluvall for cartomizer filling, along with the blue spongy stuff you use for aquariums.

Has anybody thought of using a scotch brite pad? like the green or blue scratchers for teflon pans?

I've got 2 whole big boxes of them just daring me to chop em up.....resist...resist...... :D

I would be cautious about using these. Fish are sensitive to toxins, which is why it's pretty safe to use the Fluval and Blue Foam. You don't know what is in these other materials - stuff you don't want to inhale.

Edited by Brian

NO!!! Don't even try it!!!! We set a piece of "scotch bright" on fire at work one day and it kinda melted and gave off a really bad smell. I believe that it would be toxic for you if the atty heats it up. The fluval and blue foam are safe for living things. The scratchy pads have a bonding agent that just isn't good to vape. Besides, I don't believe it's all that easy to refill a carto? Regular carts yes but not sure about cartomizers.

I hope you mean cartridge not carto,as I don't think you could get filler to fit around the element in a carto properly.I am sure someone has tried it,if it worked at all there would be a million posts on it by now.

Edited by mcquinn

Ok, I'll leave them alone!! LOL

I really need to go to petsmart and get some of the filler stuff as Walmart didn't carry Fluvall, just some whisper stuff?

What other materials have people used in their carts?

just curious, cause when it comes to saving money, so people get incredibly creative! Especially in this economy.

The only reason I know what I'm about to say is because I have a friend that used to be a crack head, I myself have not or ever will smoke crack... Apparently, when you smoke crack, you wrap scotch brite around your crack rock and stuff the scotch brite/crack rock ball into your crack pipe. When you heat the scotch brite with your lighter, the chemicals in the pad heat up and melt your crack, the crack soaks into the pad trapping the chemicals, so when you smoke your crack, your smoking crack and whatever the hell is in scotch brite! So sounds like the crack is not what kills, it's the scotch brite.

So yeah, don't use scotch brite!

Kinda reminds ya of analogs huh? It's not the nicotine that kills, it's all the other crap!

I tried a using a green scrubber pad once,it tasted bad and melted.I use the blue foam now,its made by Marineland.They make 2 different blue filters you want the one that looks like a sponge.It's not that expansive 6 bucks got me a life time supply.