I Need Help With Ordering Ego Please

stacy

Hi, I am lost again, In need of help. I decided to go with the Ego, however I want to make sure I buy enough of everything as it will take a couple weeks to get to Canada. How many extra atomizers/batteries do I need to last me at least 2mths? What about a passthrough for the Ego? What is the proper names for everything, as I see there are jumbo/cones/etc. i'm very confused. With the e-liquid...if smoking lights, shouldn't I go with the 6mg vs the 11mg? I was smoking 8mg cartomizers from Epuffer.com and I could have easily went with the 6mgs. Then the next question Propelyene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerine,or 50/50 mix? I have no clue what to go with. I also want to make sure I buy from the right supplier, so that if it gets seized I'm not out all my money. I have $250 to spend right now and that includes shipping costs. Can someone please direct me... and also would like to know if there are any deals/coupon codes? Thank you :) Was thinking on going with Wordup, because someone had mentioned it...and right now they have everything in stock. Thank you again :)

Hi stacy, You should be good with the 2 batteries that come with the eGo kit. I would recommend having at least 5 attys on hand just in case a few go out. If you were vaping 8mg and feel you could do 6mg I would go with that.

As far as juice type, its all a matter of choice. I vape PG, but I do like VG also.

Wordup is a great supplier so is vaporgalaxy.com or electronicstix.xom. Good luck and tell us how it goes. :)

If you're going with wordup, and if you're comfortable talking on the phone, you may just want to give Jeffrey a call. They have a phone number listed on their site and they will talk with you, and be glad to do it.

Attomizers can last anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. I think an eGo kit and a couple of extra attys will be a good start. If you were good with 8mg, then I'd get as close to that as you can. I'm still skeptical about the epuffer liquid based on what you previously said, but if you think 6mg is good... I smoked 1 1/2 pack of Marlboro Lights per day and I vape 24mg.

I would go with a 50/50 mix on the PG/VG. PG tends to give more throat hit, VG produces huge amounts of vapor. Some like PG, some like VG, and some like it mixed.

Here are the coupon codes I found for wordup, but I don't know if they're still active: NewYears 5% off or ecig 10% off

First off welcome. You've already gotten great advice and how do you argue with a "God". But seriously they have given you great advice. The only thing I can add is you might want to add a pack of cartos to your list for the times you just cant drip or refill the carts. You'll get the hang of all this in time. Like we all say, there is a learning stage to all this vaping stuff. Any of the vendors you have chosen are a good bet. So let us know what you come up with.

Good luck and happy vaping. :thumbsup:

Hi stacy, You should be good with the 2 batteries that come with the eGo kit. I would recommend having at least 5 attys on hand just in case a few go out. If you were vaping 8mg and feel you could do 6mg I would go with that.

As far as juice type, its all a matter of choice. I vape PG, but I do like VG also.

Wordup is a great supplier so is vaporgalaxy.com or electronicstix.xom. Good luck and tell us how it goes. :)

Thank you very much for your reply :) Are the attys for the Egos just the regular or should I get the jumbo? The jumbo are cheaper $16.50 compared to $22.99...at Vaporgalaxy they state they are not responsible for seizures, so I don't want to risk it if Wordup guarantees like I think I read somewhere?

If you're going with wordup, and if you're comfortable talking on the phone, you may just want to give Jeffrey a call. They have a phone number listed on their site and they will talk with you, and be glad to do it.

Attomizers can last anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. I think an eGo kit and a couple of extra attys will be a good start. If you were good with 8mg, then I'd get as close to that as you can. I'm still skeptical about the epuffer liquid based on what you previously said, but if you think 6mg is good... I smoked 1 1/2 pack of Marlboro Lights per day and I vape 24mg.

I would go with a 50/50 mix on the PG/VG. PG tends to give more throat hit, VG produces huge amounts of vapor. Some like PG, some like VG, and some like it mixed.

Here are the coupon codes I found for wordup, but I don't know if they're still active: NewYears 5% off or ecig 10% off

Thank you for all your advise :) That's my problem trying to figure out the Epuffer e-liquid, I ordered it in "high" and one in medium...it states absolutely nothing on the bottles it just says, E-liquid 555 High 30ml...by the way I love 555! The other e-juice I have ordered from SS Choice No.7 states that it is "high" that it has nicotine(0-2.4mgs) aromas,glycerine and water...the flavors are awful,blueberry,strawberry,vanilla, and apple. I found it to be a little strong. I smoked 2packs a day of lights for over 25yrs...I think mine may be more habit due to alot of stress rather than actually the nicotine as I was able to quit in a couple days once I was vaping 8mgs a day on the Epuffer cartomizers.Is using just a cartomizer maybe weaker than using an atomizer/cartomizer? Thanks again :)

First off welcome. You've already gotten great advice and how do you argue with a "God". But seriously they have given you great advice. The only thing I can add is you might want to add a pack of cartos to your list for the times you just cant drip or refill the carts. You'll get the hang of all this in time. Like we all say, there is a learning stage to all this vaping stuff. Any of the vendors you have chosen are a good bet. So let us know what you come up with.

Good luck and happy vaping. :thumbsup:

Thank you :) Yes they have given me great advise! Are you saying to add blank or pre-filled cartomizers to my list? How many should I buy? Also, the batteries that I do have from these 2 companies, 1 is replacing my dead ones...can I use these still and buy carts or new attys for them? I don't know what they are...they both have different threads on them,like the Epuffer carts don't fit on the No.7 choice batteries and vise versa...are these batteries or attomizers what people are referring to as 510's? Thanks again...and sorry for the stupid q's... :rolleyes:

Edited by stacy

Thank you for all your advise :) That's my problem trying to figure out the Epuffer e-liquid, I ordered it in "high" and one in medium...it states absolutely nothing on the bottles it just says, E-liquid 555 High 30ml...by the way I love 555! The other e-juice I have ordered from SS Choice No.7 states that it is "high" that it has nicotine(0-2.4mgs) aromas,glycerine and water...the flavors are awful,blueberry,strawberry,vanilla, and apple. I found it to be a little strong. I smoked 2packs a day of lights for over 25yrs...I think mine may be more habit due to alot of stress rather than actually the nicotine as I was able to quit in a couple days once I was vaping 8mgs a day on the Epuffer cartomizers.Is using just a cartomizer maybe weaker than using an atomizer/cartomizer? Thanks again :)

Looking at the epuffer web site, it looks like on the eqliquid bottles, high is 16mg. I think what the website shows is the nic %, so 1.6% mg = 16mg per ml. So on the bottles of juice, it looks like you have 16mg from epuffer and 24mg from SS Choice. If 8mg was working, I'd stick to the 6 to 12mg range. Wordup has a sample pack where you get 5 bottls of 5ml juice for $20. Maybe pick up a few different strengths until you find what's right for you?

Thank you :) Yes they have given me great advise! Are you saying to add blank or pre-filled cartomizers to my list? How many should I buy? Also, the batteries that I do have from these 2 companies, 1 is replacing my dead ones...can I use these still and buy carts or new attys for them? I don't know what they are...they both have different threads on them,like the Epuffer carts don't fit on the No.7 choice batteries and vise versa...are these batteries or attomizers what people are referring to as 510's? Thanks again...and sorry for the stupid q's... :rolleyes:

I don't think the models will be compatible. The eGo is fully 510 compatible, so when getting replacement parts you can you can get 510 attys and cartomizers. I would get blank carts so you can fill them with your own juice. Regular 510 catomizers will hold around 25 - 30 drops of juice. The are refillable, but should be considered disposable, so after refilling a few times, toss it. Some people clean them and use them much long.

Stacy, we're throwing a lot of specialized language at you, aren't we? Here are a few definitions, which might help you make your decisions.

510 - This is a particular model of atomizer. The threads will fit any other 510-type device, including the eGo. No other atomizer models will work with a 510 battery. There are many model numbers, but all 510 parts are generally interchangeable.

Atomizer - The part that does the work of vaporizing the eliquid. An atomizer is often used with a cartridge, or with a drip tip for direct dripping. The atomizer is the part that screws onto the battery.

Cartridge - A fiber-filled mouthpiece for the atomizer. You fill the cart with your choice of liquid. I always recommend blank carts and ordering your own liquid. This is much less expensive than prefilled carts!

Cartomizer - A cartridge and atomizer combination. A carto will hold quite a bit more liquid than a cart will, and is simple to use since the atomizer and cartridge are all one piece. The downside is that they don't last very long. However, they're also very inexpensive. Cartos are probably the most convenient way to vape your favorite liquid.

Direct Dripping - This is removing the cartridge altogether and dripping your liquid - 2-3 drops - directly onto the bridge in the atomizer. If you use a Drip Tip, you don't have to remove the mouthpiece every time you drip, just drip directly through the drip tip. Direct dripping is a common method for most experienced vapers. The reason is that you get more consistent vapor and flavor by controlling how much liquid is on your atty.

Cone - this is a part that threads down over the atomizer, onto the eGo battery. It's esthetic, and some say improves the draw and flavor of the device.

LR - Low Resistance - A special kind of atomizer that produces much more throat hit and vapor than a standard atomizer. These are used for 3.7V batteries to give the experience of using 5V batteries. They're a very good alternative for an eGo if you want to feel the vapor more in your lungs. In my experience LR attys don't last as long as standard ones, but they can be very satisfying to vape.

You asked for recommendations what to order and you've gotten excellent advice. I think what you want to end up with two eGo batteries, and at least five atomizers; you might also wish to try a few cartomizers, which are very convenient. Order blank attys and cartos, and refill them with your own liquid. Brian's suggestion to try a sample pack with different strengths is an excellent idea. You may not really be sure yet what your best strength is, but based on what you say, I doubt you will need to go any higher than 16/18mg.

It's hard to say how much liquid you need to last two months since that completely depends on how much you vape. You will vape more at lower strength than at higher strength. I think a good rule of thumb is 2-3 ml per day, so 120 to 180 ml of liquid for your two-month window. I started out using at least 3 ml per day, and now I probably use half that much. There is some waste filling carts and cartos; less waste direct dripping.

I hope some of this helps. I know how overwhelming trying to sort all this out can be at first! We've all spent a ton of money trying to find the combination that works best for each of us, and it's different for everyone. I really don't think you can go wrong buying an eGo. If they'd had them when I started vaping I would probably have had a much less expensive route to get where I am! :) By the way, 555 is my everyday vape too; I love the stuff. thumbsup.gif

Good luck in your ordering. Happy vaping!

Stacy, we're throwing a lot of specialized language at you, aren't we? Here are a few definitions, which might help you make your decisions.

510 - This is a particular model of atomizer. The threads will fit any other 510-type device, including the eGo. No other atomizer models will work with a 510 battery. There are many model numbers, but all 510 parts are generally interchangeable.

Atomizer - The part that does the work of vaporizing the eliquid. An atomizer is often used with a cartridge, or with a drip tip for direct dripping. The atomizer is the part that screws onto the battery.

Cartridge - A fiber-filled mouthpiece for the atomizer. You fill the cart with your choice of liquid. I always recommend blank carts and ordering your own liquid. This is much less expensive than prefilled carts!

Cartomizer - A cartridge and atomizer combination. A carto will hold quite a bit more liquid than a cart will, and is simple to use since the atomizer and cartridge are all one piece. The downside is that they don't last very long. However, they're also very inexpensive. Cartos are probably the most convenient way to vape your favorite liquid.

Direct Dripping - This is removing the cartridge altogether and dripping your liquid - 2-3 drops - directly onto the bridge in the atomizer. If you use a Drip Tip, you don't have to remove the mouthpiece every time you drip, just drip directly through the drip tip. Direct dripping is a common method for most experienced vapers. The reason is that you get more consistent vapor and flavor by controlling how much liquid is on your atty.

Cone - this is a part that threads down over the atomizer, onto the eGo battery. It's esthetic, and some say improves the draw and flavor of the device.

LR - Low Resistance - A special kind of atomizer that produces much more throat hit and vapor than a standard atomizer. These are used for 3.7V batteries to give the experience of using 5V batteries. They're a very good alternative for an eGo if you want to feel the vapor more in your lungs. In my experience LR attys don't last as long as standard ones, but they can be very satisfying to vape.

You asked for recommendations what to order and you've gotten excellent advice. I think what you want to end up with two eGo batteries, and at least five atomizers; you might also wish to try a few cartomizers, which are very convenient. Order blank attys and cartos, and refill them with your own liquid. Brian's suggestion to try a sample pack with different strengths is an excellent idea. You may not really be sure yet what your best strength is, but based on what you say, I doubt you will need to go any higher than 16/18mg.

It's hard to say how much liquid you need to last two months since that completely depends on how much you vape. You will vape more at lower strength than at higher strength. I think a good rule of thumb is 2-3 ml per day, so 120 to 180 ml of liquid for your two-month window. I started out using at least 3 ml per day, and now I probably use half that much. There is some waste filling carts and cartos; less waste direct dripping.

I hope some of this helps. I know how overwhelming trying to sort all this out can be at first! We've all spent a ton of money trying to find the combination that works best for each of us, and it's different for everyone. I really don't think you can go wrong buying an eGo. If they'd had them when I started vaping I would probably have had a much less expensive route to get where I am! :) By the way, 555 is my everyday vape too; I love the stuff. thumbsup.gif

Good luck in your ordering. Happy vaping!

Thank you ALL very very much :) I ordered the super Ego kit from Vaporworld ...and am also going to order samples of VG PG and I ordered the 50/50 mix. That way I will know what I like :) I have sooooooo many friends that want these, but I have told them I haven't found a company or product that I would recommend yet. So, I cannot wait to get my Ego...and let everyone sample it etc...I'm soooo excited! Thank you all very much for all your help! I'll be letting you all know what I think about the Ego, flavors etc. the day I get it :)

Edited by jeffb
Admin Edit

Thank you ALL very very much :) How do I edit my posts? I can't seem to do it?

I think the edit option is only available for 60 minutes after the original post. So, you can't go back and change a post after a certain period of time (not sure it's 60 minutes, but something like that). :)

Edited by Brian

Stacy, you've received some great tips and tricks from the pros on this thread. I think the entire forum is rooting for you! Good luck when your pv arrives! Don't hesitate to let us know how it goes and if you have any questions :) !

Stacy, you've received some great tips and tricks from the pros on this thread. I think the entire forum is rooting for you! Good luck when your pv arrives! Don't hesitate to let us know how it goes and if you have any questions :) !

Thank you very much :) I am soooo glad I found this place and was pointed in the right direction, I am very sure I have found an awesome company as well...again...from everyone's help...which is much appreciated :)

Just wanted to chime in and say I just started vaping 6 days ago-got an ego/tornado from TW-came in two days!!! LOVE IT-can't say enough good about it and am very thankful that this site was here to lead me in the right direction to getting the ego, as I was not going to order that model at first. Now I love vaping and want all my smoking friends to know they have a better option. Hope you get all your stuff and love it to:O)