Which One Should I Get?

girldragon

Oh, btw total noob and have never used any e-cig-trying to quit "analogs" (that totally makes me feel like a trekky btw) But I do know (or think I know) that i want an e-cig that is the closest to real cigs-guess that's probably the same for everyone. Oh and the lowest maintenance possible:O) Oh, and a million buck lol!

Welcome! Well If you are looking for one that looks like a cig.,either would be a good choice I guess. But, if looking like a cig does not matter I would definitely have to point you to the eGo if for no other reason than battery life! One battery will last you all day unless you are a really heave vaper. You will be charging a good bit with those small stick batteries. Maybe an hr. or two on those, and all day on an eGo batt.

Welcome! Well If you are looking for one that looks like a cig.,either would be a good choice I guess. But, if looking like a cig does not matter I would definitely have to point you to the eGo if for no other reason than battery life! One battery will last you all day unless you are a really heave vaper. You will be charging a good bit with those small stick batteries. Maybe an hr. or two on those, and all day on an eGo batt.

What if I got the 5 pk of extra batteries with it and maybe a car charger? I am almost always home-work at home and stay at home mom, so the only time i am away for classes etc. I have my car/hotel for charging. I thought about this modelMy link but am concerned my kids will want to use it because it looks "cool" esp my daughter.

That's the same thing as a eGo...just a different manufacturer. If you don't mind charging all the time I guess they would be fine. But I think you would get a lot more enjoyment from the tornado.....plus it's PINK!!! thumbsup.gif You would probably charge one batt a day instead of 3 or 4. TONS of people here use tham and are VERY happy with them. I noticed a few newbs posted that they just got theirs and they sayin thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif too! You should always keep ALL Ecig stuff away from the lil ones too.

What if I got the 5 pk of extra batteries with it and maybe a car charger? I am almost always home-work at home and stay at home mom, so the only time i am away for classes etc. I have my car/hotel for charging. I thought about this modelMy link but am concerned my kids will want to use it because it looks "cool" esp my daughter.

The last one is the Tornado. It is the same thing as an eGo, just different name. They have other colors than pink. They have black, red and white that I know of. 70% of the time, someone starting out is looking for a model that most resembles a real cigarette. In the end, I would say that only 5-10% really care about that after actually getting the device and using it. You could get the extra batteries. I figured I would do the same thing, but after a week of recharging batteries 4 or 5 times a day, it became a real pain in the butt. I have the black Tornado and it rules. I started out with a model like the first 2 you pictured, and I sent it back the very next day. To me it was worthless. Yeah it kind of looked like a cigarette, but I hardly got any vapor or throat hit. It did not feel like I was using a cigarette and that was a real problem. With the Tornado, while it may not look like a cigarette, it perfoms more like one and that is what really matters. Welcome to Vapor Talk and don't hesitate to ask anymore questions! :thumbsup:

Edited by BreakingBad

If you really want one that looks like a cigarette, then I'm sure either one would be fine. Vapor Talk and Totally Wicked are both places you can trust. I used to always recommend the 510 (which I'm sure those are, or are at least similar), but started recommending the eGo after it came out. The only reason for that was because of battery life. But if you don't mind changing and charging batteries every hour, that unit should work just fine for you. A lot of people seem to need the look of a "real" cigarette to start out. No problem. Whatever works for you is just great.

Yeah, I guess I would be treating the e-cigs just like my regular ones-responsibly. You are to cute ThaHodgehound- YAY it's pink (I'm such a girl:O) I do want it to be simple-and maybe the ego/tornado is the way to go. I am a total paraphenilia addict. Interesting-I want it to be the closest to real smoking as I can get, I have done everything to quit smoking and they all worked for a while-chantix being the best, but when I stop taking it-I start smoking again-it's totally phycological-but I also enjoy the high from nicotine so when I started reading about e-cigs (last night) I thought this might be the answer.

Thanks for the help guys

Yeah, I guess I would be treating the e-cigs just like my regular ones-responsibly. You are to cute ThaHodgehound- YAY it's pink (I'm such a girl:O) I do want it to be simple-and maybe the ego/tornado is the way to go. I am a total paraphenilia addict. Interesting-I want it to be the closest to real smoking as I can get, I have done everything to quit smoking and they all worked for a while-chantix being the best, but when I stop taking it-I start smoking again-it's totally phycological-but I also enjoy the high from nicotine so when I started reading about e-cigs (last night) I thought this might be the answer.

Thanks for the help guys

ofurtuna, here on the forums has a lot of pink stuff! I was the same way when I found Ecigs! I tried EVERYTHING, but nothing seemed to work. BUT when I took my first hit from an Ecig I KNEW it was over! I have not even wanted a nasty ole cig since!!

How did you find VaporTalk? This is the friendliest most helpful forum out there, we are like one big happy crazy family! We are glad you are here!!!hug.gif

When I first started I actually preferred the 510 to the super.wordup/510. at word up you do get a couple color choices--black, white, chrome, platinum, copper. The 510 gives great vapor and throat hit. and is thin like a regular cigarette. All e-cigs are heavier than a regular cigarette.

If you decide to go with something like the 510--I highly recommend a PCC(personal charging case) for charging when you are out. PCC/Rockymountain. The battery life on the 510 is only a couple hours.

Since you are home alot a passthrough would be good passthrough/wordup.

Now, that being said---The best value, battery life, durability is the Ego/Tornado. And the pink is really great looking !!!!

I love my Ego. I used the 510 when I first started and it really did work great--but the Ego wins hands down. (The Ego wasn't around when I first started)

You have to pick the one you think will help you the most. No matter which way you go--I can promise you, it won't be the last model you get.

Extra atomizers or cartomizers and extra liquid !!!!

Happy vaping

Welcome to the forum. You've found a great place and as you can see lots of helpful people.

I have to agree with everyone that the Ego/Tornado is your best choice if you don't have to have that cigarette look and feel. But if you really want to start out with a smaller unit why not try one of the less expensive disposable 510 units. They cost around $10.00 and will give you some idea of what vaping is all about and what changing and charging batteries is like. I would also suggest that if the smaller unit is what you like then go with a 510 with a manual (push-button) battery. Those little carts on the smaller e-cigs don't last very long and you will have to either change them out or refill them constantly. The manual batteries are sealed and liquid wont get down into your battery and mess them up.

My biggest suggestion is do a little more research both here on the forum and on other sites like Youtube and get some info before you jump in with both feet. I didn't when I started and paid heavy for it. There's just so much more to learn about this vaping life than just buying a unit and puffing away. But when you get the hang of it it's one great way to kick the cigarette habit and a lot of fun doing it. Keep asking questions and everyone here will be more than willing to help you out. Hope to hear how it went with you, keep us informed .

Bottom line...get the pink Ego!! Also like kitsune said..if you're home at the computer a lot look int a good passthrough.

Good luck and happy vaping.

Edited by snubber

Me again. Also forgot to mention the kr808d1 units. We all point out the greatness of the 510 for newbies because of the great vapor and all but the 808d1's are not bad little units either. They have that look and feel of the 510 in both auto and manual batteries. Lots of colors to choose from and they use cartomizers that are atty and cart combined and they can be refilled also. You can get one with its own little recharge case for travel (like the pcc for the 510). It's just another option to look into. You can find them at many vendors and I know Vapor4Life carries them. Just thought I'd add one more choice (headache) for you to consider. Happy hunting.

Hi, the veterans have weighed-in here and offered great suggestions. I guess I would offer that after smoking analogs for so many years, starting out with the Joye 510 was of psychological importance to me. I purchased the eGo after a month and-a-half of vaping on the 510 stick mod. I still use the 510, however as everyone has commented, the benefits of the eGo are huge. Whatever you decide, it won't be wrong; just the place where you started. Good luck and welcome to the forum :)!

Well I will tell you this, if you are going to be using an ecig for the first time and your main goal is to quit smoking, I would suggest an automatic battery. For me the manual battery is not the same as just taking a drag off of a cigarette you have to push the button to make it work, I am sure someone with more knowledge than I will tell you why the manual battery is better, I am just giving you my personal take on it. I had an automatic battery first and when I switched to the manual battery I find I hate it.

The other thing is go with something that you can use cartomizers in which is a cartridge and atomizer together, the direct dripping is great when you are just sitting, but being a stay at home work at home mom, I don't just sit very often, I need it in the laundry room at the computer, in the yard, in the car, and taking juice everywhere to drip is not so convienent. (sp)

Now, keep in mind that I have only been vaping for about 2 weeks so I am not the veteran here by a long shot, I am still trying to find my "sweet spot" I am just letting you know things that work for me. Charging batteries are not a huge deal to me, I did buy a Personal charging case with mine so that I can have an extra in my purse when I go out.

Find what you think will work FOR YOU, nobody else FOR YOU, you are the one that has to use it, if the pink one works, rock that.....if I could find a purple one I would be all over it!! I have a daughter as well, she thinks the whole e cig thing is cool, but she also knows that it is not for her use and I would knock her around a bit if I found her with it. Just cuz its cool does not mean its not mom's and mom's alone!

Good luck!

Thanks for all the great info everyone! I ordered the pink Tornado and some liquid and a car charger. I think that will be good to get started, now I just have to wait sigh....... i seriously hate waiting-but at the Totally wicked site I didn't have a rush now choice lol! I am sure I will be asking lots of questions, but I seriously can't wait to "vape' when the kids are in bed and I am dying fiber in my kitchen or working on the computer-I mean I can't remember the last time I could "smoke" inside? Also I won't have to go out to the cold garage this winter and smoke out my poor rabbits-i have 16 English Angora's for fiber that now reside in the garage and I was wondering how I was going to smoke outside and not kill them with fumes lol!

YAY pink Tornado!!!

You will love it !!!!

Waiting is the hardest part. Just use the time to surf around the forum for the little tricks and tips. The more info you have the better. You Tube has tons of videos for getting started.

Very, very glad you have joined the vaping community !!!