510 Low Res Vs Reg And Bat. Life

Shihzam

This may have been discussed before but I haven't found it. I am big on battery life, hence why I went with the Silver Bullet. So far I can last 2 days on a 2400mah battery. I also like the higher wattage TH. My Silver Bullet running at 3.7 (18650) volts. I experimented with the 6 volts (CR123A) and I liked the TH, but am afraid of burning up my 510 attys that way. So far I like dripping the best but I know it runs a higher risk of running dry and burning them up too.

I'd like to see if I can get a low res 510 to make it through the day on a 3.7 volt battery, but just wanted some input from you guys that may have the same setup.

Also is there a better atty that I can use (adapter or other wise)? :blush:

I may not be much help, but---I have used regular atty's and low res attys at 3.7 to 6V. Battery life for me has been the same.

Atty's from any of our reputable dealers are all equal. occasionally some get through that are duds or just don't last as long.

as far as using atty's at 6V--I have found that when I am using the higher volts, letting the atty cool between draws helps maintain the life of the atty. I have found that attys that stay hot die much quicker.

with dripping you get the hang of when to add more liquid--the risk is when the atty get too dry--you will know when it is even a little dry--not such a nice taste.

hope that helped a little.

I have a Silver Bullet and have used it at 6V a few times. I've heard that the attys don't last as long on 6V, so I haven't wanted to use it that way too much. Besides, I always end up burning my lips when I try it at 6V.

The LR attys don't seem to use up the batteries any faster than a regular atty does - or at least not for me. I have an 18650 3000 mAh battery and it lasts me at least a day and a half and sometimes two full days. And I always use a LR atty on it. I'm a heavy vapor and very seldom ever put it down, so I really don't think the LR attys shorten the battery life at all.

This may have been discussed before but I haven't found it. I am big on battery life, hence why I went with the Silver Bullet. So far I can last 2 days on a 2400mah battery. I also like the higher wattage TH. My Silver Bullet running at 3.7 (18650) volts. I experimented with the 6 volts (CR123A) and I liked the TH, but am afraid of burning up my 510 attys that way. So far I like dripping the best but I know it runs a higher risk of running dry and burning them up too.

I'd like to see if I can get a low res 510 to make it through the day on a 3.7 volt battery, but just wanted some input from you guys that may have the same setup.

Also is there a better atty that I can use (adapter or other wise)? :blush:

If you put a LR atty on your Silver Bullet running 3.7v with that battery, I would almost be positive you could make it through a whole day. I use LR attys on my Tornado and Screwdriver MKII and have noticed that I get a little over half as much battery life with the LR versus regular atty. That is on a 650 and 900 mah batteries. A 2400mah with LR should last a good deal of time I would think.

i dont of anyone who has bought one yet b/c they are so new, but you might try the notcigs terminator. its an add on voltage regulator. this would allow you to find a happy medium.

Thanks Zombie! I just went and looked at those, the adapter and the Buzz both look like a good idea. Now just got to save up those pennies and get one.

@Everyone.....Thanks!I've got a couple low res 510's coming, hope to be able to report back soon!

I use the SB at 6V 95% of the time. I would say I average two weeks on a regular 510 atty and the batteries last me anywhere from 6-10 hours depending on what kind of day I'm having. :) I also liked using the BE112 (basically an 801, so you'd need a 510 to 801 adapter), but it didn't kick as hard and didn't last any longer for me. Now, I have have had a couple of attys pop right away, but figure they were probably duds anyhow.

Technicly they would use the battery faster if you held the button down the same length of time ,as you would be drawing current at a faster pace with less resistance.But from what I understand LR heats up faster and you get enough vapor quicker so you press the button for less time to get get the sme amount of vaping.