Favorite Writer?

So far, I mainly have 4 that I admire: Jhonen Vasquez, Edgar Allen Poe, Douglas Adams...and myself.

The first you may or may not know...unless you are familiar with works such as Johnny The Homicidal Maniac, Squee! or I Feel Sick. However, you many know him as the creator of the ill-fated cartoon INVADER ZIM. He's one of my favorites due to the fact of his mannerisms and insane comedy that makes me wonder...am I insane or is there a talking Pillsbury Doughboy next to me?

Poe is my ultimate inspiration due to the fact that I adore almost all of his darkest works, along with the tormented life he lived. The man gained fame only after his untimely death...which has forever immortalized himself in my mind.

Douglas Adams...his famous book: The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy will always inspire my creativity to unknown worlds and unique characters that keeps me reading on until the very end.

And finally...me. I am a small time writer, attempting all forms of romance stories in hopes to write a novel aimed specifically towards the *** community. I cannot go into detail as to WHAT I write...however, there is only a single soul that has all my works documented, even on paper. I enjoy creating stories and it gives me solace from the harsh reality I live at this moment

Charles Bukowski "Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead"

William S. Burroughs “Happiness is a byproduct of function, purpose, and conflict; those who seek happiness for itself seek victory without war.”

I don't know that I have a favorite, but I really enjoy Dean Koontz. I love to read, but as crazy as it sounds, it is almost a problem when I get started on a good novel.. I can't put it down. Like I will try to read at red lights and at night until I can't hold my eyes open anymore-- it's ridiculous.

It starred out what community your writing is geared to, Jag. It's not just jumping out at me, I'm going to need a hint. I'm thinking *** but I doubt the forum software would censor that.

Holy cow, I guess I don't need a hint-- it censors the most acceptable word for homosexual.

Hm. Henry Miller. Neal Asher. Jeff VanderMeer. Iain M Banks. Vernor Vinge. Yes, Dean Koontz. :) And holy crap Burn, someone else has read William S Burroughs!? Jim Thompson. Samuel R Delany.

Don't get me started...

ddave - we are brothers!! Vernor Vinge I love, but I go a little more mainstream since I've been reading SF forever.

Heinlein, Asimov, Clarke, Niven, Pohl, ****, Silverberg, Bradbury, Bova, Ellison, Farmer, Zelazney, Haldeman, Scalzi, Westerfield, Simmons and, too many more. No Fantasy except I did go through a Koontz phase and while not a King fan, The Stand and the Gunslinger series.

Interesting collection of authors, I hope to catch a read from this coming winter. Thanks for starting this thread!

I have too many favorites to mention, so I'll just name a few: David Baldacci, Dean Koontz, John Grisham, Rick Riordan, Nora Roberts, ....

ddave - we are brothers!! Vernor Vinge I love, but I go a little more mainstream since I've been reading SF forever.

Heinlein, Asimov, Clarke, Niven, Pohl, ****, Silverberg, Bradbury, Bova, Ellison, Farmer, Zelazney, Haldeman, Scalzi, Westerfield, Simmons and, too many more. No Fantasy except I did go through a Koontz phase and while not a King fan, The Stand and the Gunslinger series.

Holy crap man, we're twins!!! Is that scary or what!? :D I avoid fantasy too, except Stephen R Donaldson, who can't write SF to save his skin. We're a trip man! We must have the same freakin bookshelves...