Low Resistance Cartomizers And The Ego

So I was reading through a thread in the help it broke section and noticed a thread about the LR cartos killing a few eGo batteries.

Has anyone here had success stories of LR cartos on the ego because after making a full on switch to LR attys my standard 510 cartos are not even coming close to cutting it anymore. I am running to Giant Eagle right now to buy a few groceries and re fill my pre paid debit card and was thinking about picking up a 5 pack.

I just would really like to come back and hear someone say YEAH THEY WORK GREAT IT'S AWESOME because I really like cartos, but LR attys has kind of taken my love of cartos away. Would love to fill that gap with some LR ones.

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd go :)

I read that too. I can't figure why they would though, the LR attys are less resistance than the LR cartos that I've seen.Glad I did cuz I was gonna try some! I have some reg cartos and they suck on 3.7 but jolly says they are nice on 5v!

I'm looking forward to hear what people have to say about this..............

I read that too. I can't figure why they would though, the LR attys are less resistance than the LR cartos that I've seen.Glad I did cuz I was gonna try some! I have some reg cartos and they suck on 3.7 but jolly says they are nice on 5v!

I'm looking forward to hear what people have to say about this..............

I am going with Electro Nic Stix. They have 2 different LR 510 cartos. One at 1.8 ohmz and one at 1.7. I'm just going to get a pack of the 1.8 and give em a try. Maybe that .1 whateverthehell will make a difference. And if I hear that people on here had problems with LR attys on the ego I will just sell em.

I am going with Electro Nic Stix. They have 2 different LR 510 cartos. One at 1.8 ohmz and one at 1.7. I'm just going to get a pack of the 1.8 and give em a try. Maybe that .1 whateverthehell will make a difference. And if I hear that people on here had problems with LR attys on the ego I will just sell em.

Have you tried the medium res cartos from vaporsetc? They are like 2.5 ohm and work great on my eGo and tornado. They are not loose and airy like the 3.0+ ohm regular cartos. I was leery at first but I love em. And I think Dayvape has mentioned he likes these cartos too :)

Only problem is, Vaporsetc is out of all colors at the moment. Madvapes carries a good 2.5 ohm carto too.

I have used these exact cartos from electronicstix on my eGo. They just got them in a couple weeks ago. They are sweet. They don't really get too hot and I have been vaping the crap out of the first carto for over a week now and it is going strong like it was new.

Can't answer your question, but just FYI - Nhaler has some 2.0 ohm LR cartos. They are said not to stress even a regular 510 battery. I really don't understand why an LR carto would kill an eGo battery, but that thread certainly was enough to make me NOT want to try it.

well i had some theories about what all happend but, no, you shouldn't have an issue with LR atty.

they will have a different span on how long your battery will last though.

say you get 4 mins of battery life on regular, lr would be less than that 4mins of run time.

regulars from 4.5 - 5v is nice on 5v.

at some point i might even try 5.5v.

well basic Ohms law tells us that when you lower the resistance to current more current can flow.

So you take a regular resistance atty or carto at whatever it's resistance is to the battery's current which gives us the nice 8+ hour battery life and then you reduce that resistance to current flow to make the atty burn hotter, and thus drain the battery's charge faster.

This has the added result of making the battery "work" harder which will reduce the lifespan of the battery if by no other means than draining the battery faster and requiring us to recharge them more frequently, thus using up the battery's "usable recharge life". Other than that, unless the atty's and cartos are somehow exceeding the battery's maximum safe current draw somehow I dont see why they would damage the battery's.

Are these battery's that have been dying getting unusually hot by chance? Excessive heat will damage the battery if the battery is drained too rapidly somehow.

Are these battery's that have been dying getting unusually hot by chance? Excessive heat will damage the battery if the battery is drained too rapidly somehow.

Link below is to the thread in question. It's quite strange.

My link

Link below is to the thread in question. It's quite strange.

My link

oh right!!!

I read that thread and wondered why he kept going after the first couple of batteries actually.

thanks for the link.

because I was 1) not sure what happened and then 2)I was just pissed and killed the last one.

I am pretty sure it was a bad carto, the res measured .07 the others were 2.0

I have been using the others and have not had a similar problem.

because I was 1) not sure what happened and then 2)I was just pissed and killed the last one.

I am pretty sure it was a bad carto, the res measured .07 the others were 2.0

I have been using the others and have not had a similar problem.

That's good to know. I got some 1.7 ones today from qt and think I'll give one a try on the eGo.

Edit - I'll be checking the ohm before I use one. :)

Edited by Brian

I just keep finding myself going back to what works... and that is a regular 510 carto at 4.5 volts. I doubt it will get any better than that for me. I've tried umpteen different low res/med res cartos on the eGo and nothing... I mean, nothing compares!

I just keep finding myself going back to what works... and that is a regular 510 carto at 4.5 volts. I doubt it will get any better than that for me. I've tried umpteen different low res/med res cartos on the eGo and nothing... I mean, nothing compares!

What device are you using at 4.5 volts??

I like the 510 stock cartos I get at VK and they work good with my KR manual batts and a adapter.They dont impress me on my EGO which I think is crazy since its twice the mah battery and should kick butt...My VK batteries from V4L just put out more vapor with a 510 carto than a KR stock carto.If the same 510 carto manufacturer would make a KR thread same design carto I could drop the adapter all toghether!!! Hint Hint....

What device are you using at 4.5 volts??

I like the 510 stock cartos I get at VK and they work good with my KR manual batts and a adapter.They dont impress me on my EGO which I think is crazy since its twice the mah battery and should kick butt...My VK batteries from V4L just put out more vapor with a 510 carto than a KR stock carto.If the same 510 carto manufacturer would make a KR thread same design carto I could drop the adapter all toghether!!! Hint Hint....

I'm currently using The Buzz for variable voltage. You also need to understand something... the mah rating of a battery has NOTHING to do with "kicking butt on your eGo"!! It doesn't mean how powerful the battery is. All it means is how long your battery will last... the "battery lifetime" thing I'm sure you've seen talked about.

Edited by DAYVAPE

I've been wanting to try some LR cartomizers and LR atomizers on my eGo batteries! Since the batteries are only 3.7 Volts, a LR coil would sorta be like vaping at a higher voltage right? Higher heat level? Do most vapers go from using LR coils at 3.7 Volts and then move on to using 5 Volt PV's? It seems to me that almost everyone takes things in steps here! :)

(First) Standard 3.7 Volts with regular coils!

(Second) Standard 3.7 Volts with LR coils!

(Third) Higher voltage 5 Volt with regular coils!

Is this the regular way to go?

That is a standard progression for a lot of people, yes. I prefer 3.7volts with LR atty to 5 volt regular atomizer though. I know some of my older clients don't like the throat hit of the LR atomizers, it's too much for them. It's personal preference, just like what juice you like. DAYVAPE loves cartomizers but I haven't found one that I enjoy.