Refilling Ego Mega Cartomizer

Uma

you're welcome! This one sure helped me, especially with the extracting the extra after refilling.

I don''t know how he manages to stay so dry though... after my first try and hands sopping wet from just looking at the ejuice, I tore out the surgical gloves. I'd like to pass along the surgical gloves safety tip for others who are about to venture into refilling their own,

I know I hate the smell of Eliquid, I spilled a 30ml bottle from TW bcuz you know they have those glass style bottles and I thought the dropper was screwed on and I spilled the whole thing my wife was pissed! I also hate having it all over my hands refilling, switching out bottles, I guess bcuz of this Ive become obsessive compulsive with constantly washing my hands. :clap:

How frustrating to spill a bottle! Being a spiller type B person myself, I've been setting a paper towel inside a small square casserole dish, then setting my needle, electronic screwdriver, eliquid, empty cartos and their tips, inside of it. I've had "close calls" with spills but because of the safety feature of the dish, not a drop has been spilled yet. If the safety dish weren't in place, it would be all over the house, trust me.

You might like these Nana. I sure do and I'm not too excited about the regular 510 cartos. So far, so good for me. They don't produce tons of vapor, but they're consistant for when you're on the go all day. (or just don't want sticky fingers at the keyboard). Try some prefilled ones from Janty or GoodProphets etc and see if they're for you before going the extra step to fill your own.

Great video-I saw this last Wednesday and went to GoodProphets, placed an order and got them Sat. I filled one as soon as I got home today and LOVE IT. I agree that they are not pretty-looks more like a cigar type thing, but could care less-the fill tool was like a buck and it works great, just as easy to fill as a reg. cartridge, but will go a long way(okay only been hitting off it for an hour, but with that much juice it must go a long way! Great mouth piece shape also, very comfortable in my mouth.

kBob, To each his own, that's why there's so many wonderful options out there. :)

GirlDragon, me too! Love these things. I fill up a weeks worth in the time it used to take me to fill 3 days of the regular cartos. (10 Mega Carto's vrs 25 regular cartos) Glad you like them.

At first, I thought the whistle not lining up with the button would irritate me, but quite the contrary! Mine is always right over it, or it's off to the side. When it's to the side, I use my thumb on the button... which I even prefer to do now! haha, I used to be such a perfectionist about that button and how to hold it .... all new eGo owners probably can relate to the button issue haha.

kBob, To each his own, that's why there's so many wonderful options out there. :)

GirlDragon, me too! Love these things. I fill up a weeks worth in the time it used to take me to fill 3 days of the regular cartos. (10 Mega Carto's vrs 25 regular cartos) Glad you like them.

At first, I thought the whistle not lining up with the button would irritate me, but quite the contrary! Mine is always right over it, or it's off to the side. When it's to the side, I use my thumb on the button... which I even prefer to do now! haha, I used to be such a perfectionist about that button and how to hold it .... all new eGo owners probably can relate to the button issue haha.

I know...and the video was really good. If I ever decide to try one of those things I will reference it. Will this thing fit a standard 510 connection or just an ego?

I found that by not replacing the inner "cap" (the one with two holes that's a pain to get out the first time), I got better vapor and better flavor. I do not like, however, how warm/hot they get near the battery connection.

I've only had a few feel hot to me, maybe I lucked out? The ones that felt hot also wanted to flood and strain my battery. I might have overfilled them, or they might not be lifers. Only time will tell.

Thanks for the inner cap tip! Those are such a little P.I.A. anway. Will try on my next fill up.

aha!

Option 1. Doots shows us how to use a 510-901 adaptor plus a 901-510 adaptor together in order to vape an eGo Mega Cartomizer on our Silver Bullets etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIyd1eMHcwc&feature=related

This doesn't help vapor wise, but like he said, these have great TH and he says the TH is not affected. :)

Option 2. The trimming of the eGo Mega Cartomizer is shown in a video here at Reos. http://www.reosmods.com/ He's actually trimming an 801, but it's the same basic principle from what I understand.

Edited by Uma

• 4 months later...

So I'm confused now. Yes I am a noobie. :innocent: Warching the video K shows using a filler tool going through the mouth piece.

??????? Welll poop. I doesn't work like that for me. In my experience it pours out the bottom when filling his way. I have to fill through the fiber. Which works great and is much easier regardless. My question is why the video and why do it that way? Am I missing something? :question:

So I'm confused now. Yes I am a noobie. :innocent: Warching the video K shows using a filler tool going through the mouth piece.

??????? Welll poop. I doesn't work like that for me. In my experience it pours out the bottom when filling his way. I have to fill through the fiber. Which works great and is much easier regardless. My question is why the video and why do it that way? Am I missing something? :question:

Keep the big plug (butt plug) on the bottom, but remove the tiny silicone mouthpiece condom. The mouthpiece itself pops off (with an eyeglasses sd type tool) as does the little flat 2 holed juice protector bar. Take the 2 previously mentioned off and then take your Jewelers ScrewDriver and puncture the barrier (in the middle of the carto). Slide your needle in and pull back out a hair, tilt it so it squirts (slow and easy) to the side of the inside. When filled, slurp up with your needle the extra juice that flowed up through the side air channels. Put the flat bar back in, tap down in the middle with your tool to snug it, then pop the mouthpiece lid back on. Let it sit for many hours before using, to let the juice absorb thoroughly into all the filler material of the carto. It's hard to explain in writing! It's easier done than said. Once you get the hang of it.

The main drawback with these, is that they are only good for 2 or 3 refills. (but they go a long way). I use them mainly for travels.

Wow I'm slow. I didn't puncture through the middle. Why do they only last 2-3refills? Any how I cant get my stupid Attys to work.. :veryangry::thumbsdown: Thanks for clarifying it for me though!

I use the alcohol method. Use a glass (drinking), hold the atty over the glass and pour alcohol over both ends. Then place the atty in the glass and let it sit. Depending on how dirty my atty is, I will let it sit anywhere from 15 mins to 60 mins. Take the atty out, wipe it off real good, blow through the thread end as hard as I can to get as much alcohol out as possible. Then place it on a paper towel with the out end down. Let it sit for 24 hours to make sure it is totally dried out. I usually clean a few at a time just to same myself some time. When you go to use the atty, prime it. Drop a couple of drops of juice on the bridge.

I have heard of using Everclear instead of alcohol, but I can get alcohol at the drug store. I use the highest alcohol content.

I have also heard of using Coke. There is a post somewhere here where the person swears that their atty was dead and by soaking it in Coke brought it back to life.

Give any of them a shot, what can you lose?

Good luck my friend! :yes

Oh, I forgot to reply to your question as to why they only last 2-3 fills. Because they want to sell more! They do have a limited life because the filler breaks down.

Don't quote me, but I think there might be a video showing how you can change out the filling. I thought I can across one a couple of days ago, but I'm old and senile. hahahaha :thumbup: