What Pv Next?

jiffy

I have been vaping for about 1 year now. I started with the basic 510 and it has served me well as an on the go PV. I have also purchased the Spade and the VP-PT. I use the VP-PT every day and I have even moved to using the VP-PT in my vehicle as I travel a lot for business.

The dilemma as you all know is that there seems to be an influx of new devices on the market every month. To determine which one to purchase next causes me to investigate many websites, forums, and reviews. The problem is that almost everyone likes their own PV and there are very few that get negative reviews.

The short list is still not short enough. Anyone have thoughts on which direction to go? I need a PV for on the go when I cannot rely on my VP-PT. Good battery life, good vapor, adjustable voltage wouldn't be bad.

The Precious- A touch sensor variable voltage PV that gets high reviews from it's followers.

http://theprecious.ro/home/products-page/

The EGO- A popular lower cost PV that is highly regarded but lacks variable voltage

The Joker AV- Good reviews here but little discussion elsewhere

Other more exotic PV's such as the GG line are intriguing with their design and devoted following.

http://www.e-cigarette-wiki.com/index.php?title=Golden_Greek

The joker is excellent, that is for sure. However, I must admit, I have been the "new" precious for about 4 months now and I have ordered the new version as well, I have used the original before when someone else let me check it out and even the first generation of the device is very impressive.

The precious almost has a ridiculous amount of features, from connecting to the computer to set voltage, timeouts,indicator lights, etc to an automated juice dispenser for dripping. Uber security protection and a touch sensor button instead of a mechanical switch. It is quite pricey at around $200.00 but it looks to be an exceptional unit and very compact. I am not aware of anything close to its feature set on the market.

Even with all that being said, the performance wont be anything too different from The Joker and The Buzz.

When all is considered, you need to choose the one that fits your needs the best. The Joker wont have as many features as the Precious and is significantly cheaper. You really have to ask yourself if you need all those features?

The only recommendation I would give is to buy a regulated at the very least or variable device. I can't think of a single reason to buy a device that isn't flexible or provide consistent performance. I just simply don't see any reason to buy a device now that doesn't offer that flexibility.

Edited by Burn

Seems to me it's up to you which way you want to go. Buying a new pv is a lot like buying liquid. Everyone's taste is different and every one will give you what they think is best. If you're just looking for better battery life at 3.7v in a compact unit you can't go wrong with the Ego/Tornado and some LoRes attys. If you're looking for something new a sleek look into something like the Omega or maybe the tekk. If it's variable voltage you're after then you have the Silver Bullet, Buzz, Joker and the list goes on. You need to sit down and decided what set up you want and how much you're willing to pay. I don't envy you, it's a tough choice. I've been kinda going through the same thing. So keep looking and I'm sure you'll make a wise choice.

Good luck and happy vaping. :thumbsup:

Remember, you can still go with an ego or a mega ego (or get the PCC so you can hit the wilderness for a week) and play with the low low/medium resistance cartos/attys. I love the MR cartos (for the missus) from vaporsetc on the ego. LR cartos are too harsh for us. I use an 510-901 adapter with createvapor's 901 LR attys for my personal nirvana.

And for the record dayvape, it was actually lori who hit up vaporsetc for the dregs of cartos that I left after scooping them up. I've actually been hitting my wife's ego with the MR carto instead of dripping mine. I feel so dirty but it is really good and way too easy. Besides, I fill them!!!

Hi jiffy, good to see you're still around. If you want something that hits like your VP/PT I would go with the Joker AV, Precious, or Buzz.. Variable voltage is where its at. :thumbsup:

It's good to see you're still around and vaping! The answers kind of depend on what you're looking for from the device. If you want variable voltage there is a pretty inexpensive model call The Little Sister I've read and watched some reviews and they seem pretty good. The fistpack is on the expensive side but the unit works amazing and with its variable voltage at a finger touch away, it's extremely nice.

You can't go wrong with the eGo if you're looking for longer battery life, style, and an amazing working unit.

And for the record dayvape, it was actually lori who hit up vaporsetc for the dregs of cartos that I left after scooping them up. I've actually been hitting my wife's ego with the MR carto instead of dripping mine. I feel so dirty but it is really good and way too easy. Besides, I fill them!!!

And a most excellent find it was... although I'm not sure if I like them better than the others after a few days of using them. Too many choices!!! :blink: