High Bridge / Low Bridge

Greetings all...

Quick question for you all...

Still can't put my Pen down, have a lot of extra parts ready to use if need be...

Seems to me that the "Low" bridge Atoms work better for me, the High bridge seem to push the cart in and as a result the carts do not last as long before the "Burnt" taste starts, Soft tip / Hard tip carts no difference..

Anyone else have the same problem with High Bridge Atoms?

All of my atomizers are low bridge so I couldn't say personally. However my good friend had a couple high bridge atomizers and both of them broke (the bottom detached from the top) The high bridge seemed to create more vapor, but they didn't last long enough to get the burnt taste.

It personally wouldn't matter for me as I pop the white part off and dry smoke. :)

Hi Madness, I just got a new penstyle and a bunch of spare parts and the high bridge atomizers are part of it. I don't know ... seems like something wierd is going on. For the first week or so, it was heaven. Perfect vapes over and over. No problems whatsoever. Then this past few days, seems like I'm having nothing but problems. I've tried a couple of different atomizers and batteries but seem to be getting that burnt taste no matter what I do after the first couple of vapes. Then yesterday I noticed that I was leaking fluid like crazy between the atomizer and battery. I use carts so don't know what the hell can be the matter. I wasn't having any issues at all with the high bridge and then ... wham! Don't know if I can blame all the problems on this new bridge, though, but something sure has changed. Any ideas about why liquid would pour out the bottom of the atomizer for one?

Don't know if there is much that can be done about it as it sounds like most of the new atomizers (at least for the pens) are all the high bridge now. Guess maybe if the manufacturers get enough complaints, they might go back to the low bridge?

Chris, I figure I have nothing much to loose at this point so might as well try dripping again. We KNOW how well that worked out with my last pen but ... can't seem to get it working properly now anyway so ... why not?

I know that I have used both the high and low bridge atomizers for the penstyles. The only thing is that I never use an actual cart, I always dry smoke. So if the high bridge is worse, I havn't had been able to notice it but, everything you are saying seems logical and probably would have the effects you described.

Well, you are bang on, Chris. They are, indeed, the SLB atomizers. Funny that, for the first week, I was in heaven - everything seemed to be going smoothly. And NOW ... even switching to a brand new atomizer did nothing to help. I even got to the point where I wondered if the charger that came was crap. I screwed a freshly charged battery (charged overnight) on to an atomizer with a brand new, fresh cartridge and ... nothing! Nada. No vapor, nothing. Of course, if I really sucked on the damn thing, I'd get a lovely mouthful of vile tasting vapor but that really isn't what I had in mind! Damn ... now have to decide what to do. Send the whole works back and buy from someone else, I guess. I could use up the credit in juice as Heaven Direct has great prices on that. Hmmm ... crap! Was really looking forward to moving on with vaping but now ... although I was pretty intrigued with the review you guys did on the stick. After a few weeks, are you still impressed with it? At least it takes penstyle carts.

Sorry to hear of your issues Fisher but I have been using the SLB high bridge attys for awhile and "knock on wood" have not had any issues.....ooops maybe I am having issues cuz of atty.  I noticed my batts were acting weird like lighting for no reason, blinking for no reason, even disconnected them from atty and would still blink.  I do see more juice between atty and batty but never cared -- until now.  I think the juice is getting in the batt and making it act possessed. Dang it!! and i thought all my batts were going bad at once.  well now I don't know what to do.  Dang it dang it!!  

Hi Vacker - man, I hope you don't start having problems now. I could not believe my eyes when I saw the amount of juice leaking out. Where the hell did it all come from is my question? It's almost like the bridge continues to wick even when you're not pulling on it. Weird. I'm a tad bit discouraged all right. Bought a bunch of spare parts and, so far, now have three batteries and three atomizers that are toast. All that juice leaking out did my batteries in. I will be interested to see what Wayne from Ruyan Direct has to say. I've had an email from him already and I know he thinks that it's just that that the atomizers need to be drained 'every night'. Sent him another email this morning saying that there was way too much leaking for it to just be that. Just can't figure out if it's worth it to ship the whole works back but ... yeah ... I think so! Might cost 15 bucks or so for shipping but, even at his prices, I spent a fair amount. Shoot ... Good luck with yours!

Hi Vacker - man, I hope you don't start having problems now. I could not believe my eyes when I saw the amount of juice leaking out. Where the hell did it all come from is my question? It's almost like the bridge continues to wick even when you're not pulling on it. Weird. I'm a tad bit discouraged all right. Bought a bunch of spare parts and, so far, now have three batteries and three atomizers that are toast. All that juice leaking out did my batteries in. I will be interested to see what Wayne from Ruyan Direct has to say. I've had an email from him already and I know he thinks that it's just that that the atomizers need to be drained 'every night'. Sent him another email this morning saying that there was way too much leaking for it to just be that. Just can't figure out if it's worth it to ship the whole works back but ... yeah ... I think so! Might cost 15 bucks or so for shipping but, even at his prices, I spent a fair amount. Shoot ... Good luck with yours!

Atomizer needs to be drained?...yea that's bull. Atomizer needs to be sealed better. I have some RN models here that I drip 3-4 drops constantly, sometimes I'll drip 4 drops, vape, decide I don't want anymore than 2 puffs and then set it down, sometimes for a few hours. No leakage.

That's like saying you need to drain your Gas Tank before parking it in the garage.

Too funny, Chris ... but it makes me feel better! Noticed something weird tonight as well. I found what I thought were an atomizer and battery tht were actually working (had a couple of vapes and seemed okay) but just a second ago, I went to pick it up and noticed that the battery LED was lighting up and blinking ... just lying there! I've been emailing Wayne and he told me to just ship back the parts that weren't working and he would replace them. I was going to experiment with the last atomizer and couple of batteries just to see if I felt comfortable about keeping any of them but this settles it. I'm sending it ALL back for replacement. Ah well ... at least I DO have my 401 as a standby. I'm almost considering asking Wayne if he would send back 901 parts instead but ... gee ... sure would be nice to have working pens! Am a bit gun shy now though. Plus he is having problems with Chinese Customs now according to his website so who knows how long I might have to wait. Hmmm ... he's a good guy and trying his best but am starting to wonder if it was a smart thing to order from China now.