Cartomizer Questions

So i've been using cartos for 10 days or so and have some questions. Generally, i love them, when they work good.

What has been your success rate with these things? It seems that every few i use is a piece of crap.

Also, anybody used LR cartos? I got some and they get so dam hot they burn my lips before i can get a good hit.

I fill them with juice dripping it down the side till the filler looks like a snowcone on top, not drowning but definitely wet. Is this just how it is or is there something more i need to know?

Thanks!

That's just about the same way I use them and I have had good luck with them. Don't know where you get yours but I get'em from the Vapor Talk Store here and they have treated me very well. As far as burning your lips goes, mine too did the same thing since I use these cartos on my Joker (high volt) and I just pop out that soft cap and use a delrin drip tip, no more burning, works very nice.

My cartos only get hot on high voltages devices usually. Other than that the carto's we use don't really seem to get all that hot. (At least for me) I'd say I get 1 bad for every 10 I use. Even at that the bad one isn't that bad. Considering how cheap they are, next to atomizers, a bad one here or there isn't all that big of a deal. (Quality control is much better than it used to be)

Another important thing is to make sure that you keep your cartomizer moist but don't over fill them. If you find your self getting liquid in your mouth the cartomizer is too full. (This is a pretty common mistake)

So what do you do if you over fill the carto? It's definitely happened, but seems to correct itself. The main problem i'm having is a plastic arse taste right out the box and/or little to no vapor. Those are just duds i take it.

I'm using the LR carto on my ego which arrived today and it's burning my lips up. I like the drip tip idea. Gonna order one. Any other ideas as far as the LR cartos? I thought i wasn't supposed to use them on the small batteries. But hell, i'm not sure, this vaping business is a freaking pandora's box.

If you over fill the cartomizer there is a couple of tricks that I use

1. Take off the top and push some tissue inside. That will suck up the extra liquid.

2. Place a tissue over the top of the mouth piece, take a quick hard drag. You will see the extra liquid hit the tissue. Repeat until no more liquid comes out.

I use mega cartos for the 3.7, and use to use regulars, as far as my experience on cartos all around it seems for me at least when you buy them prefilled they last longer wheather they are megas or not, I've bought a few 5 packs of blanks and found out that they are more DUDS in blanks then they are in prefilled so I buy prefilled tobacco vape and when they run out I refill them....out of the 15 prefilled I bought only 2 couldnt refill....out of the 10 blanks I bought only 5 were good......my recomandation would be to buy them prefilled bcuz in my experience they last longer!

I have only had 1 carto go bad on me out of the 11 or so I have used, and that was my fault. I didn't fill in enough and tried using it on my 6v Silver Bullet and it died in 5 seconds. I just got in a 5 pack of LR cartomizer today. I am going to give them a shot tonight. I will be using the drip tip with it though.

So i've been using cartos for 10 days or so and have some questions. Generally, i love them, when they work good.

What has been your success rate with these things? It seems that every few i use is a piece of crap.

Also, anybody used LR cartos? I got some and they get so dam hot they burn my lips before i can get a good hit.

I fill them with juice dripping it down the side till the filler looks like a snowcone on top, not drowning but definitely wet. Is this just how it is or is there something more i need to know?

Thanks!

I've only tried a few and had one crap out.

I can not stand LR cartos, gave mine away, have a whole thread where I was trying them and finally said I can't do it. Gave them away with severe warnings. Burn burn burn. If the regular ones are too cool for you, vaporsetc have 510 and 901 medium res (2.4-2.5 ohms) called tru-vapor and Vapor4life have medium res 901s called premium. I direct drip but got the medium for my wife and maybe when I'm lazy, haven't decided.

I go lazy, take off the top protector or condom, take off the cap, fill to top, wait a while until its gone, fill again, wait a little longer, maybe fill again, then shake it down as much as I can, get excess out, take off bottom "condom" blow the excess gently out of the tube onto a napkin, re condom it to let is settle. lazy method...

Like Joe, I am not thrilled about LR cartos or at least not as much as I was LR attys. I got them to put on my eGo when traveling. It may be a bad batch I received but they really brought havoc to my assorted batteries, killing some eGo batts and trip the protection on batts used in mods.

I think I have been far too pusillanimous to take my mods on business trips with me. Now that my egos are gone will take my Joker on a plane with me and forget the eGo altogether.

I do disagree with Marina, it has always been my understanding that the term "pussie" was a derivative of pusillanimous. Maybe she is right but I didnt link her vid because of her Mensa membership.....

Edited by Burn

I've used a LOT of 510 cartos and only had a few bad. And even those, after a little tinkerin' with the stuff inside, they worked ok.... good enough to use. Sometimes if the hole isn't lined up all the way through you won't be able to get a good draw on it. That's when a large paperclip end comes in handy. You can literally stick it all the way through the carto and wiggle it around until the hole lines up right. I do this ALL the time... even after I've been using them. If they start out good and later start to draw hard I just do this and everything is great again. Just a tip I thought I'd share. And a syringe REALLY helps to fill them for the first time as you can literally put the juice everywhere in the carto. Try it if you haven't... I dig cartos!!

Edited by DAYVAPE