Ego Over 510? Why?

owutaqt

I am ordering today and I know everyone suggested the Ego kit, but I really like that the 510 looks more like a real cigarette. What are the reasons for the Ego over the 510? It also appears that the Ego only comes with flat tip cartomizers.....hmmmm??

I also would like to get some cartomizers that are prefilled for those times I just don't have time, where should I get those and what flavors have you tried that are decent? Until I fill comfy filling my own I don't wanna wait.

Thanks all.

Julie

ego is a 510.

510 is the connection for the type of atty/carto it will take (atomizer or cartomizer)

the ego can take either carto or atty.

for on the go, go with cartomizer, for home use an atty and direct drip..

it's best to get blank cartomizers and fill them with the juice on your own.

now the difference from the ego and the cig type is the battery life.

the cig shaped (stick batteries) last about 30mins to an hour.

the ego battery will last you either half day or full day.

stick batteries run about $12 and die, as in no longer work, a lot faster.

ego batteries are around $24 and will last a lot longer before death.

it all comes down to cost and not having to charge a battery after evertime you use it.

Hi, Julie. I started with the Joye 510 kit and thought it was great -- except for the battery life. I felt like I was always charging batteries.

I'm on my third mod now and I went to the eGo. The battery life is so much better that it's amazing to me! It's about as big a round as a regular sized Sharpie pen. So, yes, a bit bigger, but in my opinion, you can't hold the Joye 510 like a smoke anyway (due to weight issues and button placement), so it doesn't matter. Also, it seems the "look & taste like a cigarette" desire wanes very quickly once you get started.

I agree with Jolly...blank cartomizers with the juice of your choice for on the go vaping. I just got mine last week and love these things. Between the longer battery life and full cartomizer, there's just not much to do throughout the day but vape. It's WONDERFUL! At home, I like to use a regular atomizer with a Twisted drip tip.

Good luck and let us know what you decide! :thumbsup:

I agree with the two knowledgable posters before me. I also started with the 510. I ended up charging batteries about 4 or 5 times a day. That was a pain in the butt, especially if you are out somewhere where charging batteries is not an option. 1 week later I bought my Tornado (same thing as eGo just different name) and I haven't looked back. It is just heads and tails above the regular 510 unit.

Hi Julie, I started out with the Joye 510 and then purchased an eGo. I love the eGo and its longer battery life, but for me, it took some getting use in terms of it's size, weight and shape in the beginning. My eGo from Janty USA came with a round tip. I now use it with a flat tip as I prefer a flat or whistle tip when I inhale. I can only speak for myself, but I'm glad I started out with a stick mod that resembled an analog. It made the transition from analogs easier. I've not smoked an analog since I started vaping on 6/4. When I'm at home or close to home, popping a 510 battery into a charger either at my computer or on the wall is really no big deal. They charge up in less than two hours. Cartomizers which hold more e-juice are very useful when you'll be away longer and can't direct dip or use a regular cartridge with filler (which some of us newer people still do). If you can't be near an electrical source it will be prudent to have some extra charged batteries with you, and having an extra one for the eGo as well. Vaping is a different phenomenon, and a more involved process, and it's only beginning to become part of our culture. I think once you use an eGo, you might wonder how you ever went without it, but still, imo, I'm happy I started where I did. This is just one woman's experience, but I thought I'd share it. Good luck on the journey, and have fun with it!

I'm not going to be much help regarding prefilled cartomizers. hopefully somebody will have that information for you. You can use the standard carts or drip until you get the hang of filling the cartomizers.

as far as ego vs 510--it really does boil down to battery life.

I started with the 510 (not many choices when I started) and I loved it. the only down side was the battery life. I carried with me a charging case and several batteries, would only last me a couple 2-4 hours(when they were new).

both the ego and the 510 are 3.7v devices and both use the 510 atomizers. it's the 510 atomizer/cartomizer that gives the better throat hit and vapor.

ultimately you pick the one you think will work the best for you.

make sure you order extra liquid and extra atomizers/cartomizers

here's a pic of the egoXL, ego, and 510 next to a sharpie.

post-1300-028556900 1282745133_thumb.jpg

post-1300-028556900 1282745133_thumb.jpg

I am ordering today and I know everyone suggested the Ego kit, but I really like that the 510 looks more like a real cigarette. What are the reasons for the Ego over the 510? It also appears that the Ego only comes with flat tip cartomizers.....hmmmm??

I also would like to get some cartomizers that are prefilled for those times I just don't have time, where should I get those and what flavors have you tried that are decent? Until I fill comfy filling my own I don't wanna wait.

Thanks all.

Julie

I don't know if this has been said yet but what I might reccomend is to get the Joye 510 with a Portable Charging Case. That way you get the look of a cigarette, you can hold it like a cigarette, and you can flick it like a cigarette while you get used to vaping + not have to deal with the 2 hour max battery life a normal 510 will give you. The PCC will keep you going all day and then some. Also the 510 connection is the same exact fitting as an ego. So once you get used to vaping you can simply buy an ego mega battery and a charger and you're good to go.

ALSO filling your own cartomizers is easy and does not take much time at all. Usually I fill 3 in the morning(literally takes about 20 seconds per cartomizer, a noob might take 30)and carry them with me and they last all day. but that also normally turns into me not being able to wait until I get home so I can drip :). Type in Cartomizer condom filling method on youtube and you will get over 20 videos showing you the quick, easy, and painless way to re fill.

Everyone on here will yell EGO EGO EGO at you all day but honestly if I would have started with the ego I probably would still be smoking(maybe not who knows...the thing rules). But I liked having that looks like a cigarette, tastes like a cigarette ect feel for that first week just to give me that extra feeling of reasurance that this thing I was vaping on was a cigarette. It helps.

Like my girlfriend loves the concept of vaping and the taste but she hates my ego. I have even found some problems with it. You can't hold it like a cigarette, can't flick it, can't hold it in your mouth which are still things I want to be doing. But after getting through that first week with the cigarette looking one the pros outweigh those cons greatly and I love the thing.

Do some more research, do a bit of youtubing, and read around on here to decide what route is right for you. If you want a cigarette looking one get the standard 510, a PCC, some juice, and some cartomizers and you are good to go!

Everyone seems to want that "cig look and feel" in the beginning... but then ultimately/quickly buy up to the eGo/Tornado. Alot of folks waste money on cig looking units I think... because the battery life pretty much sucks donkey. Just my .02

Everyone seems to want that "cig look and feel" in the beginning... but then ultimately/quickly buy up to the eGo/Tornado. Alot of folks waste money on cig looking units I think... because the battery life pretty much sucks donkey. Just my .02

Ok, since I am not on the go very often, I am going to get the 510 and a PCC just so my bases are covered. I will probably buy the Ego pretty quickly and you can all slap my hands then.....hahaha! For now I want that cig feel.

Yeah but IMO spending that extra little bit at the start. Whether that means a week, 2 weeks, or a month is worth it to get off cigarettes. The 510 is a just better because if you get the 510 + PCC then you don't have to worry about battery life and then once you do decide you want to upgrade to an Ego all you have to do is buy a battery and charger. That is the reason I opted to go for the 510 over the ego for my girlfriend.

Ok, since I am not on the go very often, I am going to get the 510 and a PCC just so my bases are covered. I will probably buy the Ego pretty quickly and you can all slap my hands then.....hahaha! For now I want that cig feel.

no we won't because if you get one ego mega battery, cone, and charger you will only be looking at an extra $35. And TRUST ME, I have been thinking about getting a 510 battery and charger for myself just because there are times where I still want that cigarette feel which the ego comes nowhere close to providing. ALSO the ego and 510 are the same exact thing minus two things

Better battery life

better vapor production

The vapor production has nothing to do with it being an ego vs. 510. The only reason I even say vapor production is because the ego will last you 6-10 hours(I get 8 out of mine with moderately heavy vaping)and give you great hits every time you grab it. With the 510 you will start to notice a downfall in hit quality after 20 or do drags, but I don't think you will have much of a problem with it.

Like I said though. Go onto youtube and watch Ego and 510 reviews, think it over for a little, and then order. The ego is the far far superior unit IMO, the whole doesn't feel like a cigarette is it's only downfall.

Honestly, the 510 is not a bad place to start. you have to pick what you think will work best for you. no hand slapping, promise !!! we really only want you to succeed, no matter what you start with. I really did love my 510.

make sure to order an extra battery (just in case), I love backups of everything--even the ego. The PCC really does work great--always have a battery charging. can even get a USB/car adapter to keep your PCC charged while out.

have you looked at the 510 passthroughs?? great for sitting around on the computer.

it took me all of one day to get over the 'looks/feels like a cig' business. i've been vaping about 6 weeks and don't ever think about cigs anymore. i started with the 510 small battery(cig size) and then got an ego. I also have the silver bullet, which is mack daddy but looks like i'm puffing on a dildo, so the ego is perfect. for me, it's all about battery life and convenience. so the ego/silver bullet and cartomizers are the way for me to go.

For some folks the look and feel of a cigarette is yet another mental habit that needs to be broken. More importantly, as the beginning vaper struggles with obstacles and learning new things, its important that not too much is too strange. I have always felt if people are asking and not jumping, there's nothing wrong with a 510 + pcc. Once they are in the swing and start asking the questions like how can I get more, I'm bored, the 510s are backups, and the ego is the main. The rest of the supplies are not wasted and everyone is happy. I know I needed it, then went to the JS, then back to the 510, then mega, then spade, then ego.

I know it can be hard for alot of these newbs to learn about ecigs when they first start out......idk.......I just watched a bunch of youtube vids and learned alot there as far as the 510, eGo/Tornado, I learned real quick on what to buy, and then to use it I just started vaping away, if you really look at ecigs/mods on the way they work its not hard with a little common sence.

For you starting out and are relly used to smoking real cigs right now thats actually the best way to to go with the PCC so you still have that having a pack on you at all times feeling for when you did smoke, It worked for me my first week and a half of vaping, good luck. :turned:

Edited by BEERCITYVAPRZ