14500 Batteries

mcquinn

So I built a 14500 box mod and I am a little disapointed .I was expecting all day vaping but I only get about four hours and then the protection circut shuts them down.I did get all day from the 18650's but the mod was way too large to be practical the 10440's were only marginaly better than stock batteries.I guess I am expecting too much from them .I have been vaping a lot more than usual as I came across some of the best liquids I have tried in the year I have been at this.Vapor Talk Dulcis ,Sweet Dawn and Tobacco and Janty Golden Sahara,Tobacco,RY4 and Texas.

just as a reminder. time is inconsequential.

using my 14500 i could get 2 days vape time. using my same battery you could end up with 1hr.

the only thing that matters is the amount of liquid you vape.

how many mls did you vape?

They are new Ultrafire's ,I only vape at 3.7 .Just a regular 2AA box with a 5 amp micro switch.I like them cause they feel like a tactile but handle 5 amps.I have been vaping almost continually though I really like the Dulcis ,Sweet dawn and some Janty liquids I got the last couple of times.I hate to put it down its so good.I vape mostly no nic or low nic so I am vaping for the flavor not the nic.I am going through a 10 ml bottle in about three days now.I suppose for the amount of vaping I am doing its not so bad I used to just use passthroughs all the time so I got used to consistant continuouse vaping.I just got psyched about the bigger batteries.

many people arent fans of ultrafire.

there is a printed mAh and then there is the "real" mAh

like mine are listed as 900mAh, under a real test they are more like 6-700 mAh (trustfire)

there are others listed as 900mah and are more like 300.

I had some trouble with the 10440 Trustfires I bought when I first started building mods ,the conducter that runs up the side of the cell to provide a complete circut to the circut board came loose on several of them.I ended up just removing them all to be able to use the batteries.So I went with the Ultrafires this time.

the construct of either trust or ultra and be crap.

maybe look into lipo4 i think it is. there is no need for protection and dont go boom.

from here out i might just be going that route.

if you have taken off the wrap to get the pcb off, make sure you are careful with the cell. the entire outer case is negative. as i'm sure you are aware.

when I run 14500, they seem to really suck at first and then after about 10 cycles or so, they seem to last longer. May be may imagination but i wasn't too impressed with either the trustfires or the AWs I received.

3.7 on 3.2ohm cartos (wet box). They are fine and I do use them but they didnt last as long as I hoped and I am a heavy vapor 3-5MLs a day (low MG)

I found out the hard way on the negative case ,now I wrap them in electrical tape.I always get tired of messing with the mods I build after a week or two and they end up in my drawer.At first I had trouble with the pushbutton's finding one you didn't have to mash so hard and jiggle to get them to work.Must have tried 15 or 20 before I started using the micro switches ,easy press always good contact and they are recessed so they don't get pushed accidently .I don't see how you can keep track of how many ml you vape per charge ,I just vape till they stop producing and get a freshh battery out.I just accept batteries going dead as part of it and carry spares with me .

Edited by mcquinn