Glycerin Question

I have seen a lot of videos with people using this exact bottle of glycerin. They say it is VG. However nowhere on the label do I see any mention of vegetable. I am not a chemistry major, so I maybe missing something. Just wondering if someone on this forum has used this stuff for their juices.

Crap, for some reason it is not letting me upload the picture. It is from a pharmacy or Walmart. The label says Glycerin - Skin protectant. USP is on the label. Active ingrediant is Glycerin Anhydrous 99.5% Don't know what the hell the other 0.5% is. Like I said, I have seen a lot of different videos where people use this stuff.

Edited by BreakingBad

I think vegetable glycerin refers to the source of the glycerin. I've never seen a commercial container of glycerin that said it was VG. I had this same concern when I bought my first bottle of the stuff. So long as it says it's USP glycerin, you're golden. USP guarantees a level of manufacturing purity.

Just my 2 cents:

I actually think the wiltons glycerin works much better. Its thicker (more like VG)-ingredients just say glycerin. it is for baking, and it is sweeter. compared to the VG I have bought from suppliers-side by side it is the same.

I found it at michaels (craft store) in the baking isle. I have also seen it at walmart.

The pharmacy glycerin--just didn't taste at all right to me. was much easier working with the wiltons. the flavoring diluted the consistency to just right.

again, just my 2 cents.

Just my 2 cents:

I actually think the wiltons glycerin works much better. Its thicker (more like VG)-ingredients just say glycerin. it is for baking, and it is sweeter. compared to the VG I have bought from suppliers-side by side it is the same.

I found it at michaels (craft store) in the baking isle. I have also seen it at walmart.

The pharmacy glycerin--just didn't taste at all right to me. was much easier working with the wiltons. the flavoring diluted the consistency to just right.

again, just my 2 cents.

So you have seen this in the baking isle at Walmart?

It was actually in the craft section, there is a cake section (usually wedding type stuff), saw it there the last time I was at our walmart. I think for mixing you will be much happier with it.

do you have any type of craft store near you??

It was actually in the craft section, there is a cake section (usually wedding type stuff), saw it there the last time I was at our walmart. I think for mixing you will be much happier with it.

I am not sure. I only shop at Best Buy! :thumbsup: My wife might know. I will ask her when she gets home. Thanks kitsune!

I am not sure. I only shop at Best Buy! :thumbsup: My wife might know. I will ask her when she gets home. Thanks kitsune!

lmao, that used to be me.

kit you ever try LorAnn's? wondering how it stacks up.

currently that's what i use.

I hadn't thought of using loranns for glycerin--great idea.

I do like Loranns for certain flavors--they are very concentrated. The only ones I avoid are the oils. I love the watermelon flavoring--its a bizzare thing, it is intensely fluorescent pink, after you mix it (a couple hours)-the color in the liquid dissipates and becomes a very pale amber color.

The grape--is way too intensely colored for me--just a few drops in some liquid and the whole mix is ink colored.

The Loranns is certainly more concentrated flavoring,

pina colada,champagne, english toffee, butterscotch, watermelon, are the ones I use most from lorann.

flavour art--tiramisu, apple pie, expresso, cookie, peppermint, hazelnut, vanilla, almond, forest fruit, cinnamon, chocolate. These are just the ones I use the most.

yeah -- just amde the mistake of buying lemon oil from walmart. whoooops, didnt mix... guess its a shaker every time i use it, which shouldnt be a problem <_<

• 2 weeks later...

I buy mine at the Vitamin store. Manufacturer is Nature's Answer. It says "Pure Vegetable Glycerin - Alcohol Free Extract.... Holistically ballanced... blah blah blah :rolleyes2: ". About $5 for 120 ml. (4 fl oz)

At first, I saw some glycerin at CVS pharmacy. The pharmacist told me it was cosmetic glycerin for applying to your skin. He could not guarantee that it was pure enough for vaping.

Hope that helps.

Edited by HyOnLyph

I buy mine at the Vitamin store. Manufacturer is Nature's Answer. It says "Pure Vegetable Glycerin - Alcohol Free Extract.... Holistically ballanced... blah blah blah :rolleyes2: ". About $5 for 120 ml. (4 fl oz)

At first, I saw some glycerin at CVS pharmacy. The pharmacist told me it was cosmetic glycerin for applying to your skin. He could not guarantee that it was pure enough for vaping.

Hope that helps.

I tried that stuff from CVS!!!! one word.....NASTY!!!!!! wacko.gif

• 2 months later...

Is Glycerin just like a filler that makes better vapor or what? Basically what I should be asking is this: Can i put some in my juice to make the bottles last longer and/or can i mix it with the juice that I don't like from samplers to make it taste better?

Is Glycerin just like a filler that makes better vapor or what? Basically what I should be asking is this: Can i put some in my juice to make the bottles last longer and/or can i mix it with the juice that I don't like from samplers to make it taste better?

Most eliquid is either PG, VG, or a mix of PG/VG.  VG tends to create massive vapor and has a little softer throat hit.  You can add it to any eliquid you have, but it will dilute the flavor and nic level.

For example, if you have 10ml of 24mg eliquid and add 5ml of straight VG (or PG) you'll have 15ml of 16mg eliquid.

I looked in Walmart and found "Wilton's Butter Flavor". it says it contains Propylene Glycol. Couldn't find anything else in the baking section and the Walmart Pharmacii (mulitiple pharmacy workers *tee hee*) all gave me strange looks and didn't know what the hell I was talking about. I went ahead and bought it to see if I could mix it with the flavors that butter would be ok with... I'll report back when I've achieved greatness or failure.

I looked in Walmart and found "Wilton's Butter Flavor". it says it contains Propylene Glycol. Couldn't find anything else in the baking section and the Walmart Pharmacii (mulitiple pharmacy workers *tee hee*) all gave me strange looks and didn't know what the hell I was talking about. I went ahead and bought it to see if I could mix it with the flavors that butter would be ok with... I'll report back when I've achieved greatness or failure.

Ok, in a 10m bottle I put about 3m of Johnson Creek Espresso (can't stand it, never one for non-flavored coffee) and some of the butter glycol (to about 1/2 the bottle). Not bad. Think I'll throw some chocolate truffle flavor in and see how that turns out because that was kinda "meh" as well. And since I'm doing this as I type, hold on.

Ok, not the best, but it made it better than the espresso, thats for sure...

You can also use Humco skin protectant--in the pharmacy section. I was a bit sceptical, but it really is sweet and just glycerin by another name. it really does work and you can get a bigger bottle. not very expensive.

You can also use Humco skin protectant--in the pharmacy section. I was a bit sceptical, but it really is sweet and just glycerin by another name. it really does work and you can get a bigger bottle. not very expensive.

that sounds weird but I'll trust ya lol

I bought some VG from Rite Aid and it also says Skin Protectant but on the back label it says 99.5% anhydrous glycerine. It has a nice faint sweet taste and produces MASSIVE vapor. I even get a little TH from my zero nic Pina Colada!