Removing The Wick And Bridge From Your Atomizer

bobthesalesclerk

I'm sure a few people have already seen these videos in the general section in the dripping questions thread. This is for those of you who didn't and want to make dripping 100 times better. Don't be intimidated by doing this. I would reccomend practicing on a dead atty but I did this the very first time I had ever picked up an atomizer and it worked just fine.

1. Removing your wick - I would recomend looking into your atty and finding out which side the wick sticks out just a little bit more. With a pair of tweezers push your bridge in the oposite direction to expose the wick a little bit more. Removing it is cake after that.

2. Remove your bridge - I would not reccomend this for LR attys. For some reason both of mine that I did this mod to taste like horrible horrible cucky.

3. Vape away!!!!

:thumbsup:

I have done this just once. It was a few days ago. It was extremely easy. My only thing, is I have not noticed a difference from a regular atty. I can see doing this if your atty is taking a dump, it seems to bring it back to life, but if the atty is working fine, I don't see the point. I could be wrong. Like I said, I have only done it with one atty.

I have only tried this with an atty that was ready for retirement--I must admit it really did make a difference. I may keep 1-2 bridge-less atty's around for dripping. I have had less popping and no burned taste as the liquid runs out. (which is a problem I have been having on and off with dripping)

I don't think they hold very much liquid and require more frequent dripping,but you can get more use of one on the way out.I wasn't too impressed with removing the stuffing from carto's as the element is vertical and it is hard to hit it with the drip.

I have done this just once. It was a few days ago. It was extremely easy. My only thing, is I have not noticed a difference from a regular atty. I can see doing this if your atty is taking a dump, it seems to bring it back to life, but if the atty is working fine, I don't see the point. I could be wrong. Like I said, I have only done it with one atty.

This is not from experience but from what I hear removing the wick and bridge is much harder once the atty has been used due to burnt wicks and stickiness where the bridge connects to the atty. Like I said not from personal experience though.

Another one not from personal experience is the whole the wick will start to burn and give you a bad taste. I say why should I have to go through all that? I'll be doing with mod with every atty I order before I even use them.

Removing the wick and bridge is easier than it looks! I just did it to one of my cone shaped atomizers. I've been in electronics ever since I was 18 (assembly, final test, PCB design then supervisor later on) but I was a little afraid to mess with these. Small area and I've never worked with these before. I just took a micro flat tip screwdriver and separated the wick across the center of the bridge and moved each half from on top of the bridge. Then I pulled the bridge straight off and upwards. After the bridge is removed the two sections of wick can be wiggled off clean from where its connected to the body of the atomizer. Easy! More vapor! WAY WAY better taste now! Thanks to everybody's posts in here, I gave it a try! :thumbsup: Now I'm drippin MORE easily! (WHY DON'T THEY SELL A BRIDGE-LESS ATOMIZER FOR DIRECT DRIPPING?) Or do they? I'm still new to vaping. I've only had my eGo's for a short time. Do the drip tips focus the fluid straight down to the center of the atomizers? It seems to me that a long tube on a drip tip should be standard, to get the fluid directed into the center of the heating coil. And a bridge-less atomizer would be great for this!

Removing the wick and bridge is easier than it looks! I just did it to one of my cone shaped atomizers. I've been in electronics ever since I was 18 (assembly, final test, PCB design then supervisor later on) but I was a little afraid to mess with these. Small area and I've never worked with these before. I just took a micro flat tip screwdriver and separated the wick across the center of the bridge and moved each half from on top of the bridge. Then I pulled the bridge straight off and upwards. After the bridge is removed the two sections of wick can be wiggled off clean from where its connected to the body of the atomizer. Easy! More vapor! WAY WAY better taste now! Thanks to everybody's posts in here, I gave it a try! :thumbsup: Now I'm drippin MORE easily! (WHY DON'T THEY SELL A BRIDGE-LESS ATOMIZER FOR DIRECT DRIPPING?) Or do they? I'm still new to vaping. I've only had my eGo's for a short time. Do the drip tips focus the fluid straight down to the center of the atomizers? It seems to me that a long tube on a drip tip should be standard, to get the fluid directed into the center of the heating coil. And a bridge-less atomizer would be great for this!

Yeah, most drip tips work great. You don't have to remove anything. Just drip in the hole and the juice goes straight to the atty. I use to dismiss the importance of drip tips.....until I caved and bought one. No going back now! :thumbsup:

I am loving bridge-less and drip tip. It really has made a difference for me with dripping, and I am usually pretty set in my ways. took me months to actually try drip tips. for removing the bridge, I had an atty that just wasn't working great, so figured no loss if I killed it.

I'm sure dripping atty's will be next. If a mod works--manufacturers usually find a way to make the product.

Yeah, most drip tips work great. You don't have to remove anything. Just drip in the hole and the juice goes straight to the atty. I use to dismiss the importance of drip tips.....until I caved and bought one. No going back now! :thumbsup:

I've looked at pics of drip tips on several sites. From the pics, I can't really tell how well they line up with the top of the atomizers. I guess they work though. After removing the wick and bridge it's pretty much a straight line to the heating coil now. I'm looking for one that has a longer "inside" barrel closest to the top of the atomizer coil, so it will direct the fluid well. I've been wanting to buy a drip tip. Can you recommend a good one? And which ones to stay away from? I might be "over thinking" this a little bit! LOL

Lots of folks love the twisted tips from nhaler. wordup has nice ones and create vapor has them. Some are metal, some are "delrin" a hard plastic. I get mine from all over but prefer the ones from super t manufacturing (a little pricey). The plastic ones can be drilled out and don't have an o-ring that will have to be replaced.

http://www.supertmanufacturing.com/id72.html

I like the wide mouth delrin, I also got the polished aluminum for too much money, now I see anodized aluminum at the bottom in all different colors. I guess I'm buying again, they are only $4 each.

I might also get the shorty delrin wide mouth, it appears without the bridge, less juice is getting sucked back up the tip. I used use longer tips to help out not getting juiced, but without the bridge less need and dripping into a shorter tip means less chance of hitting the sides on the way down. Still not sure I like the heat off a 901 LR without the bridge. Might see if Christopher is still dealing on the regular 901s.

Edited by FTJoe

Alright, back to the original subject. :rolleyes: Sorry if this has been talked about, I couldn't find it. Has anyone tried removing the bridge and wick from a LR atty and if so, did it work?

Edited by BreakingBad

No bridge less attys :( gotta do it yourself. Also I love drip tips. I use them on my attys and my cartos. They just feel better in your mouth and are so much easier to drip/put a little extra into a carto when it's getting dry. I love em.

Alright, back to the original subject. :rolleyes: Sorry if this has been talked about, I couldn't find it. Has anyone tried removing the bridge and wick from a LR atty and if so, did it work?

It does work, but I honestly don't reccomend it. Remove the wick but keep the bridge. The juice gets to hot and after two hits it tastes like ****.

I would think that a low resistance atomizer would already be putting out lots of vapor. Do you just want to be able to drip into one more directly? A good LR atomizer should be vaporizing the fluid like mad, with all that extra heat the LR coil produces. From what I've read on the forums. And you are right, no info on removing the wick and bridge on a LR atomizer. It must be a no no. Maybe one of the youtube videos mentions it.

No need to remove the bridge on a LR, just the wick so you don't end up burning it. The bridge helps hold a lil bit of juice IMO. It will trickle down to the coil when it starts getting low and you won't drip QUITE as much.

Lukes metal drip tips are nice. Got a cavern of a hole to drip in!

http://vaporgalaxy.com/510-901-Nickel-Plated-Drip-Tips-510901DTNICK.htm

Edited by ThaHodgehound

No need to remove the bridge on a LR, just the wick so you don't end up burning it. The bridge helps hold a lil bit of juice IMO. It will trickle down to the coil when it starts getting low and you won't drip QUITE as much.

Lukes metal drip tips are nice. Got a cavern of a hole to drip in!

http://vaporgalaxy.com/510-901-Nickel-Plated-Drip-Tips-510901DTNICK.htm

Plenty of vapor on the LR atty. Just started tastin' like crap. I haven't removed a wick without first removing the bridge. Seems like it could be a pain in the arse!

Edited by BreakingBad

takes about a minute and a half to remove the wick only. It is just a few polyester /nylon threads stuck under the bridge. use a toothpick to pick them out enough to grab with tweezers and you are done! ;)

I think no need joe.... IMO you'll go thru more juice and drip more often for the same effect.

Edited by ThaHodgehound

I just did this mod on an M403. I realize most of you use 510s and 901s so this may differ, but I noticed no difference from the bridgeless to the bridged. On a M403 it produces the same vapor. What I did notice is my juice tasted more burnt, and it went through the juice faster. On my particular model I will leave the wick and bridge. But thanks, it was worth a try at least.