Noob Q's From Me

Carnyboy

Alright, picked up the Smoke Relief starter kit today. My reasoning on this is that I want nicotine, my girl wants to kiss someone who doesn't taste like an ashtray. The starter booklet with it is a little lacking and, yes, I know that you probably get what you pay for BUT...

1) Do I smoke this thing like a regular cigarette? (By that I mean sitting outside with a book in my lap for a 7 minute stretch?)

2) How should I store it between sessions? Should I leave the cartridge on? Do I pull the cartridge/atomizer combo and slide the battery back into the cigarette case? , etc.

3) The nicotine amount seems about right... 18 mg per cartridge. I smoke about a pack a day so... 20ish mg? 1 maybe 1 1/2 cartridges a day?

4) Any GENERAL tips tricks and hints would be good. I know buy a new couple of atomizers and batteries because these will eventually clog/die...

5) Thank you for any and all responses! This will really help!

Not familiar with that model, but it's probably a 510 knockoff. You really don't smoke them like you did an analog.

You have to take slower,longer puffs instead of the short quick ones you did with a regular cigarette.

It's a good idea to take the atty and cart off when you're going to leave it for a while. That's a good time to recharge.

As far as length of use for the carts. Don't expect to get a long time out of the short carts that come with the unit.

If you vape at a steady pace you will have to refill the cart several times a day. An unless you don't vape much you will have to change out the batteries about every 1 to 2 hrs. Get yourself some back-ups. Batteries,attys,etc.

If you really want to enjoy vaping I'd suggest you look into getting an Ego or Tornado kit. Much better units and the battery life is fantastic. And you might also want to look into getting several bottles of e-liquid to refill with.

I'm sure there will be others coming in to tell you more but for now that's the best I can help.

Keep us informed.

Good luck and happy vaping. :thumbsup:

Hi "From Me", I looked up the Smoke Relief Kit because I also didn't recognize it. It does look like a 510 knockoff. And snubber's post is accurate in terms of what to expect right off and what to do next. I suggest that you read up on getting started with the 510 in the forum. It will help you get your bearings. There's a learning curve to vaping, however we all began at the beginning! Don't hesitate to ask questions.

looks like your questions have been answered (at least the current ones). if you have more, ask away.

if you look into the 510 stuff, also check out the ego--longer battery life.

no matter what you use--very glad you have found e-cigs. your girl will be happy with you for not stinking......

1) Do I smoke this thing like a regular cigarette? (By that I mean sitting outside with a book in my lap for a 7 minute stretch?)

you "vape" it as much as you want. most of us when just hanging will vape a few times and put it down. i call it Nic On Demand.

not to say you couldn't just vape it for 7mins but that doesn't always tend to happen.

2) How should I store it between sessions? Should I leave the cartridge on? Do I pull the cartridge/atomizer combo and slide the battery back into the cigarette case? , etc.

take the battery and atty apart. you don't want to burn out an atty or catromizer by accident.

3) The nicotine amount seems about right... 18 mg per cartridge. I smoke about a pack a day so... 20ish mg? 1 maybe 1 1/2 cartridges a day?

the nic content is different for everyone. some that smoke a crazy amount will opt for low nic or you may have people that smoke lights that want high. i smoked marb light menthols and started at 12mg then 18mg and i hit the sweet spot for me at 24mg.

4) Any GENERAL tips tricks and hints would be good. I know buy a new couple of atomizers and batteries because these will eventually clog/die...

if your fine with your setup, you already have the idea with attys or cartomizers, and batteries. if you feel you would like to last longer between charges, look into something with a higher mAh rating. ego/tornado or a mod. if you are lacking that "monster hit" feeling check into a 5v mod.

5) Thank you for any and all responses! This will really help!

thanks for keeping yourself informed. the more you know the more you can educate people about them to help others.

if you have time check out some of the other noob posts. myself, and many others are usually in there replying to the main things people need to know, along with things they may want to look into.

I would take a little bit of care on vaping as much as you want. In the beginning, until I started cutting down on the nic, I tried to follow my old habits. The reason was I didn't want to start getting too much nic. In retrospect there can be some "health adjustments" to vaping, sore throats, dizziness, headaches, etc. So I wouldn't push it too far in the beginning. After a few weeks in I was vaping like a fiend but I was also down from 24 to 18 on my way to 0 so I didn't worry about it as I was past the swollen glands and other weird things some folks have. I think if you follow you're regular pattern of smoking it will also get you a better handle on nicotine needs.

Edited by FTJoe

Welcome to Vapor Talk. You already got your answers so I won't say the same thing - although the answers you have so far are what I would give, too - so if you have any more questions, just ask. Take it slow and easy and don't give it up. Vaping is really worth it. Also, keep this in mind at all times....backups, backups, and more backups.