Low Res Carto Killed The Radio Star

Ran into a pretty devastating issue yesterday and I am interested to see if anyone else has run into this.

I take my eGo on the road with me when traveling, using low res attys. I wanted to switch over to low res cartomizers to leverage my new found worship of cartos. The low res cartos arrived yesterday and performed like a dream until......

eGo Battery #1: The Ego battery stopped shutting off, the light wasnt on so I didnt notice it but I did smell the burning plastic. The button itself was melting due to the heat. O.k. bad battery

eGo Battery #2: Once again, started out great but them wouldnt shut off, I could only stop the current by unscrewing the carto

eGo Battery #3: grabbed a new regular res carto and worked with it a while, worked great, put on a new low res carto and then the light came on but wouldnt perform. I put the low res carto on a different device (wetbox) and it worked GREAT! The eGo battery still wouldnt work with ANY atty/carto

eGo Battery #4 (my last one): I am pi$$ed at this point and then tried another low res atty, great, reg rest atty, terrific, Reg res carto, excellent. New low res carto from a different box.... yup you guessed it, hosed the battery in less than a minute.

All 4 of my eGo batteries are now bricked...the low res carto experiment has been a battery slaughter...

Anyone have a similar experience?

Anyone want 4 dead ego batteries for parts or attempt to repair? You pay postage, they are all yours.....

if i had money in my paypal i would snag those up, i need more battery connections.

the problem with a lr is that they let to much back current (best way to explain it) into the system.

i haven't heard of anything like that before but i do know that they kill batteries faster.

I think it was roober who had a similar issue...personally I can't believe you kept trying, that's persistence!!

In hindsight, me too but I was at first trying to locate the cause, didnt think it would be permanent condition and the last battery, I was just furious and knew I would have to buy some more anyways.

$14 each from TW (5 pack) is reasonable, I guess. Pretty big loss that a $2 carto caused.

I think roober donated one to jolly for mad scientist work. I didn't realize they had 5 packs of ego batteries. Should be another sale coming up soon, maybe get them down to almost $10 a battery for an tornado battery is awesome. You know, I think it was a tornado roober had. I was going to find the post but I'm too lazy.

Here is one(mine):

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/6691-ego-led-constantly-flashing/

And roober's

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/6751-2nd-time-this-week-a-tornado-batt-freaked-out/