Been Smoke Free Since Saturday.

Arcsylver

Hello Everyone,

I finally got my Blu PV on Saturday evening and havent had an analog cancer stick since Sunday (yes I finished my last pack slowly).

I had some questions regarding my changes in habits since starting on a PV.

1. Is it normal to vape almost constantly? I find myself puffing away almost constantly. Thank god the Blu starter kit came with 2 batteries or I would have gone nuts by now.

2. I have read elsewhere that you need to keep hydrated well while vaping. But I have not really read why. So.... Why?

3. Sometimes when I am heavily puffing away I get a taste that reminds me of the times I would break a cigarette and use scotch tape to put it back together. I.E. melted tape taste. Is that the fill melting or just something unique to PG liquids when they get too hot?

4. I came to VT because one of the other major PV forums out there were so full of Blu bashing that I didn't feel comfortable posting there for fear of replies along the lines of "Send it back before it's too late" and "Get a 510 , nothing is better". It seems that VT is more tolerant of those of us who chose the Minicig l88b format to vape with. Is this true here at VT?

5. I am currently waiting on an order from ModernVapor.com of blank carts, 3 bottles of E Liquid (mmm peach!) and some Fluval foam to load up my own carts. Any tips for other accessories to purchase to make my refilling woes less?

Ok that should be enough random newbie questions for one post. Thank you all in advance for any advice you are willing to share with this Blu vaping newbie.

1. Is it normal to vape almost constantly?

yep, when you first start you vape like nuts. you will cut back, but, by that time you may want to swap to something with a better mAh (the rating of battery life)

2. I have read elsewhere that you need to keep hydrated well while vaping. But I have not really read why. So.... Why?

pg and vg pull moisture to the chemical. so when you vape you are removing water from your system. not a lot but if you vape a lot you will get cotton mouth.

3. Sometimes when I am heavily puffing away I get a taste that reminds me of the times I would break a cigarette and use scotch tape to put it back together. I.E. melted tape taste. Is that the fill melting or just something unique to PG liquids when they get too hot?

i would think that your melting the plastic cart. open it up and look at the cart to see if it is warped.

4. I came to VT because one of the other major PV forums out there were so full of Blu bashing that I didn't feel comfortable posting there for fear of replies along the lines of "Send it back before it's too late" and "Get a 510 , nothing is better". It seems that VT is more tolerant of those of us who chose the Minicig l88b format to vape with. Is this true here at VT?

at VT we believe in saying; "if you like it and it works for you, have at it".

though, there's more of us that would like to bash on that then i'll let you know about, lol.

5. I am currently waiting on an order from ModernVapor.com of blank carts, 3 bottles of E Liquid (mmm peach!) and some Fluval foam to load up my own carts. Any tips for other accessories to purchase to make my refilling woes less?

skip carts and attys, use cartomizers. all that goodness but less of the mess. i use cartomizers for on the go and attys for at home and just drip with them.

Jolly pretty much answered the questions for you.

if the Blu is working for you, go for it. I know its not the favorite, but the only thing that matters is that it is working for you. I know for a fact that you will own more than one model before your journey is over.

Just glad you have found a way to quit smoking.

we are always happy to answer questions.

I know. I have my 510's (many), ego's (3), LG (garry dibley mod), passthrough mod, VP/PT, boxmod, nomad 905, 510 passthroughs...........

every time I turn around I find something else I want.

Jolly answered your questions perfectly. The only thing I can think to add is that you should send it back before it's too late and get a 510 , nothing is better. Just kidding.:devil: We try not to bash here but some of us can get emotional over companies that ripped us off. This forum isn't perfect but we try to follow the golden rule towards other members and we succeed most of the time.

Kitsune is right that you will own more than one model. I have a tackle box full of vape gear and so does many others on here.

Welcome to the forum.

Congratulations for making the switch to vaping. I myself had a Blu. I didn't like it, but that doesn't mean anything. If you like it, who cares what other people think. Especially people that you do not know and will never probably see in your lifetime. Keep doing what works for you, because if vaping keeps you away from smoking cigarettes, that is all that matters. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Vapor Talk. If you love your Blu, we won't bash it. If you hate it, we will. LOL All that matters is that it's working for you. And yes, you'll probably end up going through several devices before you find what works for you. For me, I've ended up with the SB and the eGo. They are perfect for me. Along with my Mark Mod, but that's super special. Before I got here, I went through an M401, 901, 801, 510, VP2, Spade, VP/PT, Indulgence, and 905. The only one of those I have left is the VP/PT as a backup. And you will want and NEED plenty of backups. You'll quickly learn that those two batteries are not enough backups.

Good luck to you and keep asking questions if you have them. As you read through the past posts on here, you'll probably find answers before you even have the questions, but if you come up with any, you'll get plenty of answers.

My only advice would be when one of the batteries quits, or even beforehand, see how a 510 or similar generic (cheaper) device works. No matter which you like, you will at least have a backup in case of failure. Also, don't forget about chargers, I have USB chargers and wall plugs and cigarette lighters that power USB connections. Everyone is fine until their charger quits. ;-)

Hehe , speaking of getting tons of gear, I have already been looking at the 902 model that MV sells.

It seems to have all the features I would like with the extras I like about the blue as well, but with MUCH more vapor and battery life, my only two real complaints about the Blu.

Anyone use a 902 or similar, I understand it is basically an improved 901.