So Who Does #2 Work For?

USASGT

Hi again everyone.

As I mentioned before I am receiving my 1st E-cig in the mail today (the Joye510). but I'm noticing that like tattoos, once you get one you're going to get more ( I didn't listen there either now I have 7). So I'm beginning my search for a reliable number 2. Hence the question: who is your number 2 and who does it work for (heavy smoker, always on the go, etc.)? I am a pack every 3 days smoker and would like a device that will be used primarily at home with decent durability.

Thanks for all of your help.

Very Respectfully

Yup the Penstyle is my number 2 as well. 1st generation and still the best. Good vapor, long lasting battery.

By the way the model numbers for the Pentsyle are DSE801/RN4071

I'm looking them up now. Thanks, btw: just took my first ever pull from an e-cigarette. You guys are really on to something here. This is unbelievable guys.

You being so well-connected, Sarge, maybe you can help promote ecigs with the powers that be and help keep the things on the market. I'll bet if the military says, yeah, these things are the way to go, the FDA might get the boot in the *** they so richly deserve.

B)

You being so well-connected, Sarge, maybe you can help promote ecigs with the powers that be and help keep the things on the market. I'll bet if the military says, yeah, these things are the way to go, the FDA might get the boot in the *** they so richly deserve.

B)

Actually I was just telling a few of my soldiers here that if I liked the product (e-cig's in general), that I'm recommending them to the rest of the BN as well as the Physician's Assistant's and Doctors here on post. After that I will be talking to JAG (Judge Advocate General) to see what I am allowed to do by law as far as my support. I have already contacted the FDA, and if possible will try to get the smoking cessation program here on post to adopt an e-cigarette program. If it's ok with The Founder, I would like to start a conversation of actions we could take, both on the civilian and DOD side. Maybe the DOD could support the necessary testing for the future. Although we all have fun with our leisure product, the bottom line is we have a real chance to save lives. I think all people (Americans and abroad) deserve at least our effort. What do you guys think?

E-cigarettes are not marketed or intended as smoking cessation products. If they were, the FDA would be able to legally block importation of the goods since the FDA handles those types of products. E-cigarettes are not meant for therapeutic use and do not contain ANY drug (nicotine is considered a poison) and therefore the FDA has no right to block imports of these products.

E-cigarettes are not marketed or intended as smoking cessation products. If they were, the FDA would be able to legally block importation of the goods since the FDA handles those types of products. E-cigarettes are not meant for therapeutic use and do not contain ANY drug (nicotine is considered a poison) and therefore the FDA has no right to block imports of these products.

Actually it is considered both a poison and a drug. The problem is, some suppliers where (and still are) selling ecigs as a safer alternative. (Smoking Everywhere for example) Although I'm sure we can all agree that there is enough information out there to prove that ecigs are safer than traditional cigarettes, there have been no official studies done on the ecigs itself here in the United States. So legally they cannot sell it as a safer alliterative. It would take about 5 years in a few billion dollars to make that happen.

If they do sell it has a safer alternative, guess what? FDA waves their big wang and say "uh uh, no bueno" and pulls the product.

Actually I was just telling a few of my soldiers here that if I liked the product (e-cig's in general), that I'm recommending them to the rest of the BN as well as the Physician's Assistant's and Doctors here on post. After that I will be talking to JAG (Judge Advocate General) to see what I am allowed to do by law as far as my support. I have already contacted the FDA, and if possible will try to get the smoking cessation program here on post to adopt an e-cigarette program. If it's ok with The Founder, I would like to start a conversation of actions we could take, both on the civilian and DOD side. Maybe the DOD could support the necessary testing for the future. Although we all have fun with our leisure product, the bottom line is we have a real chance to save lives. I think all people (Americans and abroad) deserve at least our effort. What do you guys think?

Sarge, that would be sick if you followed through with this man. E-cigs could finally have a face/spokesperson and he just so happens to be a "Real American Hero". duck yea!! Go for it man!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I just bought my new Joye 510 online last night. I'm waiting for it to come in; really excited to see if it'll help me wheen off of analogs. I was thinking about bringing this up to the Air Force and see what their take on it would be. I think I'll just take it one step at a time and bring it out in front of the guys when they are all smoking at our smoke pit and see what their reaction is. As far as being an NCO in today's military, I think that leaves us in a valuable position where we can influence today's junior enlisted core on healthier ways to get their nicotine; and as you say "the bottome line is we have a real chance to save lives." Let me know how your experience goes SGT and I'll post what's going on here in the Air Force side of things.