Anyone Else Have To Drop Nic Level After Switching To The Ego?

I've been using a 510 for over a year and was quite happy with it.......until I tried the eGo :thumbsup: . Love the vapor production and battery life (I've been getting about 23 hours out of 1 battery!!!). Anyway, I noticed with the increased vapor production I was getting a nicotine buzz and had to cut my juice down to 10mg from 20 mg. Anyone else notice that or am I just a nicotine wimp? ~Linda~

I wouldn't call you a nicotine wimp. Things just affect different people in different ways. Some people drink a soda and are amped up on caffeine for hours. I will drink 2 five hour energys and fall asleep in 45 minutes. Just do what feels right for you. I have been using 30mg nic and when I changed to my eGo, I did not experience any difference whatsoever except for the fact that the eGo rocks!

sorry, no help.....

I use my ego and my VP/PT--I have kept my nic level at 18mg since I started. however, I can see how that might be, the ego does hit more consistently for a much longer period of time.

the stick batteries have such a low mAh that under load they have a hard time performing the needed 3.7v.

the ones i have test at about 3.6v under no load.

between the stick and a 14500 battery is the ego battery, in relation to mAh.

now being that it has more life it can perform better. a 14500 battery on a full charge that is rated at 3.7v actually sits about 4.2v

i would assume the same would be true for the ego.

when i swapped from the stick batteries to the 14500s i was blown away how much harder they hit.

same goes for 5v. even on a fresh charge i thought; "at 4.2v there cant be that much difference". well there is a huge difference!

so look at it like this. if you can vape a lower nic and not have that "nic-fit" then do so. the less nic the better being that it's not considered "good" for you.

Are you just vaping more?It could be its just time for you to cut down.That is a good thing as you are getting less addicted to the nic.I think that the nicotine in e-liquid is way less addictive than in tobacco as I quickly got to the point where I did not have the nicfits if I didn't vape all the time.

Edited by mcquinn

I don't believe you're a "nic whimp" it probably the better device is giving you the more vapor and that's what's doing it.

Just do what feels right for you, there is no set rules or expectations with vaping. Just enjoy! :thumbsup:

I'm guessing better vapor production = more nic absorption so maybe you r right in stating that u need to cut back. I'm going as low as I can without having that "Nic-fit" I can now do 11-16 mg all day without a problem. I started out at 24mg. smoke.gif

Are you just vaping more?It could be its just time for you to cut down.That is a good thing as you are getting less addicted to the nic.I think that the nicotine in e-liquid is way less addictive than in tobacco as I quickly got to the point where I did not have the nicfits if I didn't vape all the time.

I've actually been vaping less. I just noticed that when I took a couple drags off the new eGo (same liquid I'd been using) I got a nic buzz. I'd guess it's because, with the better vapor production, I would be amping up the amount of nicotine I was absorbing. Anyway, the 10mg works for me in the eGo so I'll just stick with that for awhile. I was just curious if anyone else had noticed the same thing....

I pretty much started with the eGo and did notice a nic "buzz" type thing goin' on for a while. I would kinda zone-out and stuff, LoL! I've been using 16-18mg since the beginning, just took a few for my body to adjust, I guess....

I pretty much started with the eGo and did notice a nic "buzz" type thing goin' on for a while. I would kinda zone-out and stuff, LoL! I've been using 16-18mg since the beginning, just took a few for my body to adjust, I guess....

I'd actually been thinking I might try the 10mg before I got the eGo so this was an easy way to transition down :rolleyes:

I've been using a 510 for over a year and was quite happy with it.......until I tried the eGo :thumbsup: . Love the vapor production and battery life (I've been getting about 23 hours out of 1 battery!!!). Anyway, I noticed with the increased vapor production I was getting a nicotine buzz and had to cut my juice down to 10mg from 20 mg. Anyone else notice that or am I just a nicotine wimp? ~Linda~

I started out with my eGo's, but since I removed the wick and bridge from one of my atomizers the vapor production is a lot higher now. (The vapor levels went from high to really high!) I'm direct dripping now. So I bet the nicotine level is making a difference for you as well. I've been getting a little lite headed from time to time. I've started taking hits a little less frequently. I'm vaping a 24 mg liquid also. You're not a nicotine wimp!

I started out with my eGo's, but since I removed the wick and bridge from one of my atomizers the vapor production is a lot higher now. (The vapor levels went from high to really high!) I'm direct dripping now. So I bet the nicotine level is making a difference for you as well. I've been getting a little lite headed from time to time. I've started taking hits a little less frequently. I'm vaping a 24 mg liquid also. You're not a nicotine wimp!

I started with 24mg and that's what I am currently using but the last order I made(huge juice order)was all 12-18mg. I just vape so much with the ego I feel like I needed something a little bit less nicotine.

Damn, I can't wait until my ego arrives in a couple of days!!!!!

I thought I might have to go up to 36 mgs.

I kinda some times get a mild buzz of my 16mg carts IF I take 3 monster hits in a row or just inhale it like a joint for 8 seconds lol!