Diy Basics. Help Needed.

Perhaps this thread should be in the noob question area, since I am very much a noob when it comes to understanding the process of DIY liquids. I have had a lot of different commercial juices, but I am interested in making my own. 1. I think it could be fun. 2. It should prove to be cheaper in the long run. What are the basics for making your own juice? I know you need flavoring. I already have some places in mind that I have gotten from other threads. I know I need nic. I want to get the final product cut down to around 24 - 30mg. That is as much as I know for sure. Would I need PG or VG or both and in what kind of ratio to the flavoring and nic. Any help would certainly be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

The thread linked below gets really good starting at post #27. Burn, Kitsune and DDave provide some good info. I started with a DIY kit from DIY FlavorShack. Took me a while to really get started, but I've now found a few things that I make and really like. I've been vaping my own stuff for several weeks now.

DIY Mixing

DIY does take some patience.

I found it much easier to start with some of my premixed flavors and just add flavoring to them.

http://www.todmuller.com/ejuice/ejuice.php

I use this calculator, very easy to use. much easier if have a syringe or other measuring device for ml's. measuring by drops is much less accurate.

I would get some PG and VG--

I really love mixing !!!!

DIY does take some patience.

I found it much easier to start with some of my premixed flavors and just add flavoring to them.

http://www.todmuller.com/ejuice/ejuice.php

I use this calculator, very easy to use. much easier if have a syringe or other measuring device for ml's. measuring by drops is much less accurate.

I would get some PG and VG--

I really love mixing !!!!

Thanks for the link to the calculator. That has been added to my favorites so I don't lose it. I think I am going to go with one of the DIYflavorshacks starter kits to get my feet wet and go from there. Thank you posters for your advice. Much appreciated.

Just ask if you have any more questions. We have a few "pro" DIYers here that can help you out - kitsune, ddave, and brian to name a few. I'm mixing my own, but not having a lot of success yet, so I don't want to give you any advice and steer you in the wrong direction. :whistle:

I'm not a "true DIY'er" but here's what I've been doing. Since I have alot of juices that I know I already like... I will go to those vendors and buy their juice at the highes nic strength possible and cut it with PG/VG to the "thickness" I prefer. This gives me a lot of juice for the money and I don't have to hope I like the flavor of diy concentrates. I've also been doing alot of combining of juices to make something new. This has landed me some excellent new flavors. I know it's not really "mixing my own"... but it sure gives me a lot of juice!! I also have nic concentrate, unflavored mixing juice, PG, VG, etc. Only thing I don't mess with is the flavorings I suppose. Maybe one of these days.... as it is kinda fun! :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

get the lowest gauge needle that diy has. i use the 18 gauge and it's not big enough for me. thinking 15 wouldn't be bad but i would like an even bigger tube.

dawn over at diy is great!

before going full blown on a flavor i have yet to try and make, i'll use lorann's oils glycerine with lorann's flavor. if i like it i add more flavor and add the ML of nic that will provide 24mg.

mixing and matching premixed liquid definitely counts. Thats how I started--combining liquids for new flavors and from there it just kinda grew.....

So when I do my 2-3 parts Mentha, 1 part Dulcis, 1 part Johnson Creek arctic Menthol I'm a DIYer? I don't think so, plus they're all 0 mg, I spill alot...

Yes you are. You're creating a new flavor. That's DIY. Doesn't matter that it's 0 nic. I do all my mixing at 0 nic. If I want nic later, I can add some, but I'm still mixing flavors and trying to find something I really and truly just love. I may be a DIYer, but I'm not so great at it yet. :whistle:

To get technical.

Do it yourself (or DIY) is a term used to describe building, modifying, or repairing of something without the aid of experts or professionals.

The aid of an expert would refer to the "expert" there helping you. Thus anyone mixing, modifying, or repairing anything from it's delivered state is DIY as long as there is no expert guiding you.

Expert: A person with extensive knowledge or ability in a given subject; Extraordinarily capable or knowledgeable.

On the other hand; "Perception" is reality, perception of ones own reality can only be judged by that person. so you are both correct, you are and aren't a diyer.