So... Bigger Battery?

So I've had my Joye 510 for a while. So far it's been great, since at home I have a charger, and at work I have a USB charger. I've been changing out the same 2 batteries the entire time. I bought an extra just in case... but what happens when I need a battery that lasts longer than an hour or two?

I've seen these Joye Ego batteries, and mega batteries, and mega atomizers, and mega everything!

Can I just buy some kind of extended battery to use with my current 510 atomizer/cart setup? Do I have to buy a new battery, atomizer, cart and everything and start all over? I've got quite a stock going now (20 or so carts, 3 atomizers, 3 batteries, two 510 specific chargers, a case) I really don't feel like starting all over. I see some of these 510 "Mega" batteries on my main supplier website.. are they any good?

I just want something with long life for a day out at a ballgame, or a night at the bar, or something similar. What should I be looking for??

Thanks!

The 510 mega battery I believe is about 50% more than the regular 510. The ego/tornado is big, now you are talking 6-8 hours in between charges. And, no drop-off on the charge. That means the power coming from a 510 is good for the first few minutes, then tails off. Mega is better, Ego awesome (but bigger). Look in the gallery you will see pics (maybe not).

Final point is they are all 510, threads are the same, just the battery is different.

Mega attys and mega ego attys stay away from for right now if the battery is your only issue. There is a mega ego battery which is 1000mah instead of the regular ego at 650 mah. So for 20 bucks for the battery, and 5 bucks for the cone, give it a whirl. By the way, there will be one of three ways to charge the ego battery.

A fast USB charger high amps, can not be used with a regular 510, charges the ego in about 1.5 hours if used from a wall charger go here http://www.shop.wordupecig.com/All-USB-Battery-Chargers-ALL-USB-Battery-Chargers.htm'>'>http://www.shop.wordupecig.com/All-USB-Battery-Chargers-ALL-USB-Battery-Chargers.htm'>http://www.shop.wordupecig.com/All-USB-Battery-Chargers-ALL-USB-Battery-Chargers.htm and select ego

A slow USB charger, http://www.shop.wordupecig.com/All-USB-Battery-Chargers-ALL-USB-Battery-Chargers.htm'>'>http://www.shop.wordupecig.com/All-USB-Battery-Chargers-ALL-USB-Battery-Chargers.htm'>http://www.shop.wordupecig.com/All-USB-Battery-Chargers-ALL-USB-Battery-Chargers.htm should work with your 510 and ego but takes longer, select 510,

A regular wall unit can still be used with this http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/tornado-e-ni-accessories/tornado-battery-mains-charger-adaptor-product.html

So if your USB charger looks like the pic of the link I showed at wordup, you should be good even for the ego. But please tell me if the charger quit tomorrow you have another option?

Edited by FTJoe

eGo would be the way to go. You can still use your carts and atomizers. You can buy the batteries separately...without buying the kit. You can get an adapter from TW to use the chargers you already have, but it would be a good idea to buy a different charger.

Good point, Schizo!! What was I thinking? Yes, backups. You need backups! It isn't starting over, it's adding to your backups. If you buy the kit you'll add the new adapter and a couple more attys (but the same kind you already have), the cone, and the batteries to your vaping supplies.

I found it to be more cost effective for batteries to just have four or five 801's which would be similar to a 510 mega.I carry them and a 10 ml bottle of liquid in a plastic flip top cigg case.

The eGo would be a nice upgrade from the 510, I usually get about 8-10 hours of heavy vaping out of 1 charge. If your wanting something that will last longer a mod may be the way to go.

My silver bullet gets 2 days at 3.7v on a single charge. The nice thing about mods like the sb and the chuck is that they last a very long time at 3.7v and you have the option of going hv with a quick battery swap.

So my vote would be an eGo / sb / chuck or if you just want an awesome mod the buzz.

Thanks very much for all the helpful advice!

I want to stay very basic with this thing. I have nothing but menthol bottles, I'm not looking to get into modding or new flavors or anything like that. I just want the most simple solution here - because my greatest fear is that this will end up costing as much, or more than smoking analogs. :)

So let me get this straight.. I would need an eGo battery, the cone device, and a charger for the eGo.. and I would be set to use it with my 510 atomizers and carts?

Yuppers - all set and keep a few of your 510 batteries around for backups. Mind if I ask what menthol juice and what you used to smoke?

I think I mentioned there is a special USB charger for the ego, charges it quick (1.5 hours). I believe you can use a regular charger but that takes a bit longer to charge it. Point is if you get the fast charger, do not charge the 510s on it, will damage them.

Edited by FTJoe

Funny how we will drip every two or three minutes but screwing on a frsh battery every hour seems to suck so bad we will spend what ever we got .I tried the bigger batteries and ended back up with stock ones when not on passthrough.The big batteries have problems as well.It is your money spend it how you like I suppose.

It is kinda funny. When I first really got into vaping I had 3 or 4 batteries always ready or on the charger. Since I vape so much I was changing out batteries every hour or less sometimes. After going with the Ego/Tornado I don't think I've used my regular 510's more than a dozen times. And then only when my tornado batteries were charging. And now with the addition of my Mark Mod they don't see action at all. But at least they make ok back-ups.

So get yourself an Ego or Tornado and you'll be very happy you did.

Good luck and happy vaping.

I use Menthol juice from DragonFly. 18 mg. I used to smoke Marlboro Menthol/Menthol Lites/Menthol Smooth or whatever brand of menthol was on sale. 18mg doesn't seem to have the same hit as a real menthol cigarette, but it's good enough for me.

How much longer does it take to charge the eGo in a regular charger? Is investing in the USB charger worth it for the time saved?

The eGo battery would only be on the back burner for long term outings - aka the bar, ballgame, extended trips where I wouldn't be able to plug in a new 1 hour battery back to back. That's why I need it - I have no problem swapping and charging batteries if I'm at home, or at the office.

Good point, Schizo!! What was I thinking? Yes, backups. You need backups! It isn't starting over, it's adding to your backups. If you buy the kit you'll add the new adapter and a couple more attys (but the same kind you already have), the cone, and the batteries to your vaping supplies.

The bad side is accumulating over a thousand dollars worth of backups that get stored away in a tackle box.:whistle:

I use Menthol juice from DragonFly. 18 mg. I used to smoke Marlboro Menthol/Menthol Lites/Menthol Smooth or whatever brand of menthol was on sale. 18mg doesn't seem to have the same hit as a real menthol cigarette, but it's good enough for me.

How much longer does it take to charge the eGo in a regular charger? Is investing in the USB charger worth it for the time saved?

The eGo battery would only be on the back burner for long term outings - aka the bar, ballgame, extended trips where I wouldn't be able to plug in a new 1 hour battery back to back. That's why I need it - I have no problem swapping and charging batteries if I'm at home, or at the office.

My bet is if you got an ego/Tornado... you would use it all of the time.

They really are one of the nicer PV's out there I think.

I do think the quick charger is well worth the small cost... like half the time to charge batts.

Edited by DAYVAPE

If you only need once in a while I would get the slower charger that can be used with 510s as well. Having said that, if you are prone to waiting to the last minute, then the quick charger is the way to go. Both are around $8-$10. Also, I had a discussion a while back about using regular chargers on an ego.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/6723-charging-the-egotornado-with-a-regualr-510-charger/

The mains adapter is at TotallyWicked and lets you charge on a regular 510 wall type charger.

Edited by FTJoe

It is clever if there is a ban but otherwise it just makes you feel like a compulsive hoarder (which I am).

Well, there ya go. I'm preparing for a ban. And I only hoard vaping supplies. Nothing else. :innocent:

"Im a compulsive prepper. Food,ammo,medical supplies,water and of course vaping supplies. Never be caught short LOL.

" You don't live in a cabin in the woods of New York State do you?

Edited by mcquinn

Thanks for all the tips everybody!

My eGo battery, charger, and cones arrived today. I've been using it for over 3 hours, and I love how it doesn't lose power after a while. The regular 510 battery always feels like it's dropping off even after maybe a dozen hits. At first I thought the eGo made it hit harder, then I just realized it was because my battery wasn't halfway to dead after 20 minutes. :)