Trustfire 14500 Lithium Battery 900Mah 3.7V

I have one of these batteries, as well as the High Discharge 600mAH batts for my wetbox.

the 900mah seems to start dying faster than reviews and reports state. if i am lucky i get 7hrs out of it. geeze my eGo batt lasts longer :(

the 600mah hd batt seems to last longer, of course maybe that is due to its consistent discharge over the life of the charge.

all this seems to contradict reports of the 900 lasting a full day or two.

on a related note - does a dying carto increase battery discharge rate for any reason? or is there any relationship between the two?

It's been a while since I've used one of those batteries, but it seems like I use to get 8-10 hours on them. I think I read somewhere that the rating is a little overstated (typical of the Chinese batteries) and it's really in the 700-800 range.

you should get one -- Clouds of Vapor has them (others do i am sure but that is where i got mine)

I didnt think there would be a difference, there is.

Note: you made need a spacer depending upon your pv........

There seems to be two classes here... those who say they are great and work better, and those who can't tell a difference. Based on the info Burn posted, I'm finding it hard to see how they could be better. I do have one, but haven't tried it yet since I don't do 3.7v any more. I do have a couple of LR attys stashed away... may be a good time to try them with the high drain.

i was over at nu-vapor and they sell them. the people in chat said that there really isn't a vapor difference. i think it is more how they discharge.

an example would be li-ion goes down in voltage as it dies. those would stay constant.. i could be wrong, and i would assume i am.

The high drain do not fade as they discharge.....so i have read.

I can tell a difference....

i was over at nu-vapor and they sell them. the people in chat said that there really isn't a vapor difference. i think it is more how they discharge.

an example would be li-ion goes down in voltage as it dies. those would stay constant.. i could be wrong, and i would assume i am.

That's what I've heard also, but based on the chart that Burn posted (which I seem to have lost the link for), it didn't seem to be that big of a difference.

I'm not a big techno guy. Something either works or it doesn't for me. But I have noticed that the high-drains seem to keep a steady output compared to my regular 14500's. I've only used them in my Mark's mod, it really doesn't make any more vapor but it doesn't drop off like the others. There really isn't any warning when they're going to end. One min. they're working and the next they're not. But they do last a good long time between charges.

I'm not a big techno guy. Something either works or it doesn't for me. But I have noticed that the high-drains seem to keep a steady output compared to my regular 14500's. I've only used them in my Mark's mod, it really doesn't make any more vapor but it doesn't drop off like the others. There really isn't any warning when they're going to end. One min. they're working and the next they're not. But they do last a good long time between charges.

hahaha thats what i was just about to say pretty much word for word.

I bought some 16340 High Drain AW Batts (red ones) and some 16340 ICR AW Batts (black ones) at Ikenvape and they seemed to make the top portion of my Joker very very warm (which I didn't like) so I stopped using them for that reason. I also bought some 16340 Ultrafire 880 mah (gray ones) from BatteryJunction that I now use and they do not heat up the top part of the Joker like the AW batts did.

Also, I would like to add that I know alot of people say AW batts are the best and do not like the Ultrafire batts (cheap chinese junk) but from my experience with all these batts IMHO the Ultrafire definately work better for me, lasting longer than the AW batts. Ultrafires lasting me 8-10 hours while the both the AW batts lasted me 4-6 hours. All is not lost with the AW batts though as I have a few highend flashlights that they work in just fine. Also, all AW batts mentioned here are 3.7 volts and the Ultrafires are 3.6 volts and AW batts are way more money than Ultrafires. Just my opinion, YMMV.

I bought some 16340 High Drain AW Batts (red ones) and some 16340 ICR AW Batts (black ones) at Ikenvape and they seemed to make the top portion of my Joker very very warm (which I didn't like) so I stopped using them for that reason. I also bought some 16340 Ultrafire 880 mah (gray ones) from BatteryJunction that I now use and they do not heat up the top part of the Joker like the AW batts did.

Good to know. I was planning to get some of the Ultrafire 16340s, but was curious about the AW ones. Guess I won't fool with those.

Looks like allbattery and batteryjunction only have the ultrafire. Madvapes carries them, but are out of stock.

Dealextreme has them, but I've never ordered from there.

Dealextreme

Dealextreme Charger

I'd just go with the ultrafire - I've had both and never noticed any difference.