I got my ego yesterday. The atty that came with it lasted half hour and went dead. I assumed it was a faulty atty.

I have one atty that is 2 days old and my other atty is 8 days old.

I had one of these attys on my ego this morning. I don't know which one. But it died as well while vaping out of my ego. It seems it wants to heat up a little. I saw some tips on boiling it and cleaning it to try and revivie it.

Is it possible my ego is draining my LR 510 atty? Should I go with one of those super 510 atty's.

Thanks,

Kelly

I haven't had any problem with my atty's and my ego. The LR atty's do heat up fast. I have found if you do not allow them to cool down a bit--they can over heat. but they should still last a bit longer than 1/2 hour. I would contact the supplier about the atty.

Yup, trade em in, I agree. Other than that my best advice is, take 10 hits, put it down for a few mins, rinse and repeat. Reason for this is as Kitsune (smart cookie she is) said, the LR's heat up pretty fast and if they overheat too often and/or get dry heated a lot, the coil may burn up. As I recall its a small wire wrapped around a plastic bobbin thing. They are built for failure sooner or later, best to take care of what you have. As far as cleaning, I clean my contacts with a q-tip, and if the atty looks gunky just run warm water through it. You can even just get hot water from the tap and just drop that sucker in there. I use chop sticks to stir and pull them out. You'll know its clean because the water will turn brown (yuck lol). I used to use vodka, but it seems it killed some of my remaining whimpy attys so I stopped using it. Only thing thats died since was my tornado batts (pieces of poo!). Hope that helps. Surely the person/company who sent you them should be able to tell you more about the compatibility between their products. Good luck and welcome to VT :)

I've had one LR atty that only lasted that long. I've had them last a half day, a couple of days, a week and two weeks. I've had the best luck with the TW attys. I've used them on my Silver Bullet and my eGo batts, so I don't think that's a factor. I think they are just "iffy". I've thought about giving up on them completely, but I like them so much that I haven't been able to do it.