Another Experiment

I have been plodding along now for a while and adding to my "ban stash". Im pretty well set now so, time to experiment some more. I ordered a drip tip. I thought Id at least give it a try. My question is this, for those of you that have gone from carts,do you see a decrease in the lifespan of your attys? I was wondering which was actually better for the atty being dripped on and potentally flooded, or being in contact with a filler material all the time. Any thoughts?

Edited by Kragax

for me, I haven't noticed any difference. I just recently switched to drip tips. prior I was using a combination of dripping and carts. I do seem to burn through a bit more liquid it seems--but that could just be my imagination.

I must admit--I really do like the drip tips--took me a while to make the leap.

Happy Vaping

the only time i flood an atty is when i use carts. every filler is different than the other, even in the same 5 pack.

cartos look like they are about the same.

flooding an atty isn't a problem. you can chuck own of them into a cup of water for days, dry it, vape with it.

i only drip, when i let people try it i toss on a carto.

if they say "that doesn't hit like a cig i toss on the atty, drip my "kick you in the lungs" mix and say "oh yeah?".

i had three attys work for over 95 days. one of them i used 75 - 85% of the time.

quality is a factor of life span but also taking care of it is another factor.

Edited by Jolly

I only used carts for a very short time before going all direct-drip. I seem to blow through attys like crazy. I have no idea if it's related or not, but I only get a couple of weeks out of an atty it seems. Most of them still work, but the flavor and vapor amount is so poor that I need to just replace it. I would imagine that dripping would gunk up more easily on the coil, just because of the amount of juice that would coat the coil per drop...? I don't know, I'm just wasting time I suppose, no real info from me, sorry! LoL!

I actually found the opposite when I started direct dripping. The other issue is the wick. It is a plume of fiberglass under the bridge which is used as a wicking element for carts. That is often where a lot of the burned residue accumulates. I found this video a few months ago and since then I remove the bridge and the wick from the atty. Not only do I not get the burnt taste much at all but the attys have lasted me longer. You mentioned you had some that just tasted burnt, you may want to try this out on one of them. Many have stated (self included) that this made my "gross" attys usable again and vaping dynamos.

I don't really care for the presenters style but the message is really good and it is not nearly as delicate as he would lead you to believe.

Right then, The jury is in and what I have discovered is, for setting around the house or at my desk at work, direct drip on a 510 atty is great! Cartomizers for driving or when "out and about". I don't know why it took me so long to get here but here I will stay. I have to call Word Up and get a few more delrin drip tips, I'd go nuts if I lost this one now

I know that feeling! I decided to go back to using my 801LB on my VP/PT a couple of weeks ago. I don't have a drip tip for that and it drove me batty not having one, so I quit using it.

I have a drip tip on my SB and one on my eGo. I also have 4 others as...you got it...backups!!!