Shelf Life Of E-Liquids

Since I'm new to vaping, I have been ordering stuff like crazy. I want to try many different flavors of juice from different suppliers, so am curious to know the average shelf life for E-liquids.

1) How long can I keep the liquid around?

2) What happens to the liquid over time?

3) Is there a way to maintain freshness?

4) Does one kind PG or VG last longer?

5) Does one supplier's liquid seem to be 'more fresh' than the others?

Thanks in advance for your opinions or a link to this topic. I'm sure this has been addressed before but I was unable to find the topic.

nicotine is the only product that has a "use by" date, usually a year.

this doesn't mean that it will go bad, it is said that medicine reduces it's potency over time. though, in my experience taking 5 year old vicodens that isn't the case.

i would say, don't worry about it, unless it smells or taste bad.

The consensus the last time this came up was,a shelf life of two years if stored in a cool dark place.Heat is really bad, so be careful about leaving it in the sun or a parked car.If the color starts darkening that is a sign it is is oxidising and the flavor will start to degrade.Some manufacturers stamp a manufacture date on it ,some suppliers stamp a in stock date to help with stock rotation.If you find someone marking it down real cheap it is either getting old or it is so nasty no one is buying it,so be careful about buying too much of the sale price stuff.

nicotine is the only product that has a "use by" date, usually a year.

this doesn't mean that it will go bad, it is said that medicine reduces it's potency over time. though, in my experience taking 5 year old vicodens that isn't the case.

i would say, don't worry about it, unless it smells or taste bad.

VG can & does go bad (it is a vegetable product) - depends on the date it was manufactured and handling, though bought some for a different project and after about 1.5 years it did start to turn. PG I do believe has a much longer shelf life. PEG's may be still longer???

I'm curious if you can take ejuice & refrigerate or put it in the freezer, as in the bottle, it will last longer if kept from air and chilled. Freezing point of VG is far below most freezers. I think PG & PEG are as well... I don't know about combinations.

-Altmed

PS - Jolly, PLEASE don't take ANY meds with tylenol in them past their "use by" date!!! I know this is off-topic, but since you brought it up, it becomes very toxic!!!

if i were to buy large amounts of juice or juice items to mix, the freezer would be the first place i would put them.

i only took them for one of the many times i had a kidney stone till i could hit the hospital.

Edited by Jolly

• 1 month later...

Do NOT freeze your e Liquid. This will kill the nicotine.

Liquid should be kept in a cool dark area not prone to drastic temperature changes. If stored between about 65-85 degrees liquid has a shelf life of about 2 years according to most e Liquid factories. We store Vapor Talk liquid at a constant 72 degrees.

So, having read all the warnings as in regards to maintaining a constant temperature for your liquids, what happens to one that is, say, left in a hot car? I had 4-5ml of watermelon juice that was left in my car and warmed up quite a bit. Was hesitant to vape with it due to the warnings, but I did try a drop or two and didn't notice any difference in flavor. Does the oxidation process cause some kind of toxicity change in the nicotine, or anything drastic like that?

Thanks, and sorry to hijack your thread! :)