Flavorings

I am experimenting today. I know, "uh oh" :unsure: I went to a gourmet coffee shop and bought some flavorings. (60 cents for a double shot which I put into extra drip bottles) I diluted them down with some VG so they weren't so thick, but they actually weren't thick really.

I mixed a few and it's working great, taste is awesome.

Has anyone used these before? Is the sugar going to be a problem? I mean, regular vape flavorings are sweet too so I didn't see an issue. I bought plum, cherry and white chocolate. I added some cherry to my coca cola, and voila Cherry Coke. It's really good too but maybe I added more flavoring than normal.

Anything I should know about doing this?

have to be careful with the sugars, they can caramelize and kill the atty. the sweeteners used in the liquids is not sugar. Not sure in the premade liquids what is used as a sweetener. I just bought some eythol malto from DIY flavorshack. Its a sweetener that is used in food flavorings. from what I have read studies have shown this product to be safe for ingestion, however, studies haven't been done on inhalation. It is used in some tobacco products. Then again, all the flavorings we currently use are rated as food flavoring......

Just be careful, if you notice your atty acting odd, it could be the sugars.

What I have gathered is that sugars and oils are bad for the atty's.

have to be careful with the sugars, they can caramelize and kill the atty. the sweeteners used in the liquids is not sugar. Not sure in the premade liquids what is used as a sweetener. I just bought some eythol malto from DIY flavorshack. Its a sweetener that is used in food flavorings. from what I have read studies have shown this product to be safe for ingestion, however, studies haven't been done on inhalation. It is used in some tobacco products. Then again, all the flavorings we currently use are rated as food flavoring......

Just be careful, if you notice your atty acting odd, it could be the sugars.

What I have gathered is that sugars and oils are bad for the atty's.

Thank you Kits. I was wondering about the syrupy sugars in this coffee flavoring. I know 2 of the ones I got are sugar free but they are still sweetened artificially with something that is probably similar in consistency.

Am I better off purchasing Lorann candy flavorings or is that also sugary? Are Lorann flavorings sweetened at all or do I have to sweeten them?

I hope I'm not killing any LR attys, so far its ok.

so far Loranns has proved to be ok. They don't use sugars. The sweetener they use is alcohol based I believe. Lorann doesn't give up their ingredients. I think the sugars build up in the atty faster than other liquids, enough sugar can kill it out right. smaller amounts just kill it slower.

I'm sure your atty is ok.

I also like DIY flavor shack http://www.diyflavorshack.com/default.asp

FlavourArt from freedomsmokesusa http://freedomsmokeusa.com/index.php?cPath=34&osCsid=9624826c44f3feb00213c2e8d5b3ef5f or Liberty Flights http://www.liberty-flights.com/products.asp

that will work, glycerine is used for tons of stuff, just put a different label on it.

What are you using as nicotine base??

I use this calculator and it works great

http://www.todmuller...uice/ejuice.php

if you have a syringe the mls is more accurate than drops. if using drops: standard liquids or glycerine I have found that 3 drops = .1ml. Thick liquids or VG is 2 drops = .1ml.

with loranns it is very concentrated so need less flavoring, I would start with 10% (can always add a bit more if needed)

The calculator is using 2 drops=.1ml - if calculating by drops.

Just plug the numbers into the top part of the calculator and hit enter

Clear as mud---let me know if it works or I just confused things more.

sent PM too.

Lisa

Merry mixing !!!

so far Loranns has proved to be ok. They don't use sugars. The sweetener they use is alcohol based I believe. Lorann doesn't give up their ingredients. I think the sugars build up in the atty faster than other liquids, enough sugar can kill it out right. smaller amounts just kill it slower.

I'm sure your atty is ok.

I also like DIY flavor shack http://www.diyflavorshack.com/default.asp

FlavourArt from freedomsmokesusa http://freedomsmokeusa.com/index.php?cPath=34&osCsid=9624826c44f3feb00213c2e8d5b3ef5f or Liberty Flights http://www.liberty-flights.com/products.asp

Thank you again Kits. I'll stick with the flavorings that are known to work ok such as Lorann or DIY. :) I can't afford to be burning out attys :)

always a good plan, parts aren't cheap. sugar and oils are the only 2 things that i have ever heard are really bad for atty's.

lorann is good stuff, so is flavour art. I have use both alot over the last year.

Merry mixing !!!

• 4 months later...

Hey kit! I have some glycerin a nd lorans wintergreen and rootbeer. How would I make 10 mls of either?

What is ND loranns? I have a post about the horrible taste of the Lorann's Root Beer. Is the ND different from their normal?

As stated in my other post, the normal Root Beer was VERY dark and tasted burnt immediately even starting with very little. I've tried this twice with less RootBeer and still get the same results. Had to soak the atty in everclear for over an hour to get the taste out!

Oh, BTW, same with Lorann's grape. VERY dark and horrid taste. :(

LOL--Way to mess of up the new kids Hodge !!!!

With the Loranns really strong flavor is the raspberry and watermelon. The butter rum is pretty good too. English toffee has worked for me when mixed with other flavors such as coffee, cookie (flavourart) and tiramisu (flavourart).

finding the right flavors is very hit and miss, especially since we all have such different taste buds. I too have a hard time tasting flavors, which is why I got into DIY in the first place.

I'm not much into rootbeer flavoring, so I have never tried it.

what other flavors did you get???

ROFL!!! That was supposed to be "AND"!!!!!

OK.. IFLADA-(I feel like a dumb ***)! I usually catch typos before I open my mouth and put my foot in it! With all the talk of various "Stay away from this, that and this) I thought there might be a new line of Lorann's that I didn't know about! LOLOL

Gotta keep it fun...that's my motto!

Cheers!

what other flavors did you get???

English Toffee, Cherry, Creme de Menthe, Rootbeer, Chocolate, Grape, Apple, and Coconut. What I have left that seem okay to me are : English Toffee, Creme de Menthe, Chocolate, Apple and Coconut.

The bad ones so far are : Root Beer, Grape, and Cherry - Cherry seemed mediciny and not strong enough for me to taste :(

Oh well... The experimenting lives on!!!

I have to agree the grape and cherry are not my favorite. when I want grape I get it from the VT store--grape flavoring is just not that good to me. and all the cherries I have tried do taste a bit like medicine.

One flavor I really like to add to any of my fruit mixes is forest fruit (Flavourart/freedom smoke usa)-- kind of a tropical fruit type flavor.

Just finally tried--Lorann chocolate mint--added it to a mix of (not sure anymore)--I really like the flavor. really added the kick this mix needed. Was a mix of mixes--lots of a little of this and a little of that--just couldn't get the flavor I was looking for. I am going to try the chocolate mint with some coffee and see if I can get a nice mocha cappuccino flavor.

first I am going to try Brians mix--finally got some peanut butter !!!!

The English toffee and the chocolate go very well together--could even add a little of the coconut to the mix.......maybe even a very small pinch of the creme de menthe...... Just a thought

The English toffee and the chocolate go very well together--could even add a little of the coconut to the mix.......maybe even a very small pinch of the creme de menthe...... Just a thought

Is it even possible for that particular move to make a juice taste "bad" ??? :thumbsup:

I'm going to stop at Michael's between the funeral today and the meal and see what flavorings they have. I have a few juices I need to kick up a notch.Hope they have some that I can use. Also fake poinsettas for my Christmas display. Always obsessing over the lights.

Is it even possible for that particular move to make a juice taste "bad" ??? :thumbsup:

Personally.......can't live without it. I had made a batch of apple pie liquid and it just didn't taste right.....Duh..I had forgot to add the menthol.

I haven't tried the creme de menthe yet, but its on my list to try.

I'm going to stop at Michael's between the funeral today and the meal and see what flavorings they have. I have a few juices I need to kick up a notch.Hope they have some that I can use. Also fake poinsettas for my Christmas display. Always obsessing over the lights.

sorry about the Funeral......

Michaels should at least have something you can use.

You...christmas.....lights....

You're going to stop for flavorings (for vaping) between a funeral and the meal...yep, you're ready for the VIP room now. :dribble:

You're going to stop for flavorings (for vaping) between a funeral and the meal...yep, you're ready for the VIP room now. :dribble:

Bwhahahaaa... if she were still smoking analogs and was out she woudl've stopped at the store between the funeral and the meal to pick up her flavor of cigarettes- I just see the pacifier addiction continuing on :whistle: