510, 901, 8 Something Something Wah?!

BreakingBad

Could someone please just fill me in a little on what all of the numbers mean for models? Does it pertain to the battery size, atomizer size, both or something completely different? I am a e-cig sponge. I need info. Thank you very much.

Those numbers can refer to the unit itself or either the battery or atomizer. If someone says I have a 801 they probably have the DSE801 battery/atomizer combo. If someone says, "I'm using a vp2(battery mod) with an 801" it refers to the 801 atomizer. Same goes with the other models. The atomizer of choice for a lot of people is the 510 so you'll hear that a lot. For instance the Joye eGo comes standard with the 510, meaning the eGo is the battery and it uses the Joye 510 atomizer.

Edit: Those three atomizers types are the most popular, with good reason, so you'll hear them refereed to the most. The 801 and 901 are made by SLB so you'll see DSE801/DSE901. Joye makes the Joye510 but a lot of other companies now make the 510 unit/atomizer/battery as well; such as SLB (DSE510). Joye is known for having high quality products, most of the time : )

I don't know how to copy part of your post here like I see in so many other posts, but when you say that it can "refer to the unit itself or either the battery or atomizer", does that mean the higher the number the larger a particular part such as battery or atomizer?

the most common are the 510, 901, 808 there is a k & or D in that one somewhere, and 801.

those are the power players and other than looks they vape different as far as flavor, vapor production and throat hit.

the most talked about is the 510. i would even stretch my neck out to say that it is the most sold (with people that have done research on what to buy).

the attys are designed differently and the threading is different

no, It actually refers to the model number (of sorts).

for the most part the atomizer and the battery numbers go together.

i.e.--the 510 battery does not go with the 901 atomizer and visa versa due to incompatible threads. However, they do make adapters to combine batteries and atomizers--you can have a 510 battery with a 901 atomizer with the right adapter.......

for adding a quote from a previous post--just click on multiquote below that persons thread and then click reply--the quote will show up in the reply box.

keep asking...... its a whole new language !!!!

If someone says they have a 901 that means they have a 901 starter kit. If someone says they use a 901 atomizer, it could mean they're using it with any number of mods, but it has a 901 atomizer attached.

Most of us were the same way, you'll get the hang out it.

use the reply button at the bottom of the post to quote. Else use the one at the bottom of the page or the fast reply box and there's no quote. For your learning pleasure.

Models:

http://www.vapeatron.com/e-cigarette-models/

A beginner's guide I found, they talk about other products.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/5505-electronic-cigaretts-complete-beginners-guide.html

Keep in mind that second article is 7 months old so it refers to some older models and explains that some are more popular than others while this may have changed. Overall it's a great article though.

Keep in mind that second article is 7 months old so it refers to some older models and explains that some are more popular than others while this may have changed. Overall it's a great article though.

Thanx - should have pointed that out. Good for beginners I always thought. I think Chris had it posted for a while.h

• 4 weeks later...

Found a Compatibility Chart online.

If you copy and paste it into a spreadsheet, you can vary the sort.

As it is, it is sorted by length.

http://www.e-cigarette-wiki.com/index.php?title=Brand_and_Model_Compatibility_Chart

Check it out... it helps me.

Thats a great resource thanks!

Does any one know how I can match my elektro from elektrousa.com to one of the other brands for spare parts :)

I've seen others say it is the KR808D-1. Should be able to find a lot of compatible parts. After reviewing a few posts and other forums it looks like it's a pretty flaky outfit. Possibly bad batteries and very poor customer service.