Help Me Choose My First E-Cig :d

How about piecemeal just to get started? Get a white auto 103, RN4081, 901 8084 (are these the ones like a cigarette?), atty, cartridge and a charger. Maybe someone can chime in on how close these are to a cigarette or at least find that cool chart that used to be up with the pictures of them?

http://shop.wordupecig.com/Universal-USB-charger-Universal-USB-charger.htm <-- no idea how or if this will work

http://shop.wordupecig.com/DSE103-Manual-And-Auto-Batteries-DSE103-Manual-And-Auto-Batteries.htm

http://shop.wordupecig.com/RN4081-E-Cig-Batteries-RN4081-E-Cig-Batteries.htm

http://shop.wordupecig.com/DSE901-E-cig-Batteries-DSE901-E-cig-Batteries.htm

http://shop.wordupecig.com/BKME-8084-E-cig-Batteries-BKME8084-E-cig-Batteries.htm

http://shop.wordupecig.com/All-Ecig-Atomizers_c6.htm

Usually the attys come with a cart attached but I can't be sure about any of these, maybe ask the vendor. Also, I think TotallyWicked has auto 510s.

I know all of that stuff would confuse me tryin' to keep straight... I can't imagine a noob trying too!

Albeit a good idea to be able to try different models... it just might be confusing ?

it's also 3.7v just has a lower battery life in compairison to that injector mod i did.

it takes a 10440 battery (AAA) and the injector takes a 14600 (AA).

Maggie is another story. also one i consider a "current" failure due to how it is designed to take batteries.

maggie will be slimmed down to the same length as vinja, just be wider and hold a longer charge.

then the third one will come. it will be a solid 5v.

See, these are beautiful in a certain way: they are very utilitarian, simple, made for a specific purpose and to fulfill that purpose well.

For my first ones tho, I'm going to have to go for as good a ratio between usability and aesthetics as possible.

I know all of that stuff would confuse me tryin' to keep straight... I can't imagine a noob trying too!

Albeit a good idea to be able to try different models... it just might be confusing ?

Hoping someone would chime in as requested and say..."get the RN4084". Where is that picture of the various models?

used to be here...

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/467-a-guide-to-e-cigs-and-their-model-numbers

but I did find this:

http://www.vapeatron.com/e-cigarette-models/

http://www.vapeatron.com/different-types-e-cigarettes-toc-296/

And a beginner guide here.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/1715-electronic-smoking-a-complete-beginners-guide/page__view__findpost__p__11319

Edited by FTJoe

So have you decided, or have we (meaning me) confused you more?

As I read through the thread I was just really getting the idea you want something that looked like a cigarette and had an auto battery regardless of the caution against it. I think for around $25 you could probably pick up a USB charger, battery and atomizer, maybe some carts and juice for another $10 so you can try it out. I plan on getting an auto battery for someone next week, they're getting a manual 510 lend from me tomorrow, but they were thinking the same thing as you. They want to drag on it like a cig. Later on tonight I'll be shopping for it so I'll post if I find something decent. I will be looking for a 510 auto. Reason being many folks move to the 510 fitting manual battery from whatever they start with, so you may as well not have the charger, attys and carts go to waste.

Does it have to be white with a tan filter? ;-)

I don't really understand wanting an auto batt so you can drag on it like an analog. I mean it's really simple to press the tiny little button while you are doing your thing. You pretty much have to hold on to it when hitting it anyway... so you might as well press a little button. To me they just aren't light enough to be able to walk around with it hangin' off your lips. I just know alot of folks have gotten on here and complained about their auto batts failing because it got "juiced'. Some people have to learn the hard way I suppose... several of us were simply telling him this so he could avoid that part of starting off his vaping lifestyle. :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

I don't really understand wanting an auto batt so you can drag on it like an analog. I mean it's really simple to press the tiny little button while you are doing your thing. You pretty much have to hold on to it when hitting it anyway... so you might as well press a little button. To me they just aren't light enough to be able to walk around with it hangin' off your lips. I just know alot of folks have gotten on here and complained about their auto batts failing because it got "juiced'. Some people have to learn the hard way I suppose... several of us were simply telling him this so he could avoid that part of starting off his vaping lifestyle. :thumbsup:

i feel the same. yet, if having kids has tough me anything, it's that sometimes you have to let people make the wrong choices to make the right ones later. *** not that it is wrong or right just a better choice, for all we know pushing that button could be a pet peeve for some ***.

a 510 isn't bad for holding in your mouth. though most would have to use teeth. i like both auto and manual for different applications. if i could only choose one it would be a manual but when i am working on a project and need both hands, the auto is awesome.

i feel the same. yet, if having kids has tough me anything, it's that sometimes you have to let people make the wrong choices to make the right ones later. *** not that it is wrong or right just a better choice, for all we know pushing that button could be a pet peeve for some ***.

a 510 isn't bad for holding in your mouth. though most would have to use teeth. i like both auto and manual for different applications. if i could only choose one it would be a manual but when i am working on a project and need both hands, the auto is awesome.

It's just hard for me to say one way or another... because I can't remember the last time I used a standard size battery! I used one for about 3 weeks when I started vaping... then it was on to the MOD world! :thumbsup:

DayVape--we all had to start at the beginning and work our way through the vaping experience( ok, maybe not all of us). In order for the experience to work, the brain has to be on board. the psychological aspect is huge.

I know I wouldn't have been happy with a larger Mod when I first started--the 510 was perfect for me at that point (not like I had a lot of choices) and I have worked my way up the chain.

We all agree, the ego has better battery life, but it is a bit bigger. I still use my 510's when I want something small and inconspicuous. I needed the light on the end--I just don't anymore.

When I was first starting I think I would have stuck with the 510 with the PCC--it worked wonderful for me for the first 6 months. Then I started looking at other options.

There isn't a right or wrong way--we just have our own preconceived ideas about how something should be--the only thing that matters is finding a place to jump from and being able to leave cigarettes behind. We really don't want to scare him away.....

ThirdFloor--let us know if we made this all too confusing or if the links FT provided were helpful--we really do want you to be able to quite smoking !!!!

Thanks, but I wasn't saying anything to "scare them away"... simply stating the facts and my opinions.

Is this not one of those places where we can freely do that? I must be in the wrong place today... my bad, I apologize for any misinformation I might have given you. I should never have said any of the stuff I said... how rude of me to try and save someone some money and headache.

Edited by DAYVAPE

I didn't mean it like that, the information is always good----I know what you were trying to say. And yes, the best part about this forum is being able to express ourselves animier.gif.

I really and truly did not mean to offend you !!!!blush.gif

I was honestly telling this person what I would have liked to have been told myself when I was a noob. I felt I was saying what the needed to hear... not what they wanted to hear. Simple as that! I'm actually a bit shocked that I just got jumped to be honet. I'm out.

Okay - a little more simple, I hate to keep using wordup as an example but here is a decent list of PCC kits. No idea if they have LEDs, etc. More importantly, I have no idea of their performance except alot of us are fans of the 510.

http://www.wordupecig.com/PCC_Kits.html

I see a BE510 kit that looks nice at the end, you can email the site to make sure it takes regular 510s. Not sure any of the 510s would be auto though in the kits. I don't think wordup sells auto 510s. Spome of the others will be auto though as they are intended to replicate a cigarette.

I posted this earlier and its a decent list of e-cigs, and some people comment on them.

http://www.vapeatron.com/e-cigarette-models/

The manual button give more control over how long the atomizer stays lit but I believe there are tricks with an auto to get a longer/hotter hit off it, that's another drawback of auto. Start another thread if this one has become unmanageable for you.

If I find some cheap autos, I will post back to you as I am looking for one for a friend. My point about buying piecemeal was I would hate to see you get a whole PCC kit and then not like the ecig. This is a very personal experience thing and what's good for one is not for another.

Hey man, my advice to you is the 510. im new to vaping aswell and only been doing it for about 2 weeks now. I was a 1 1/2 - 2 pack a day smoker and i wasnt going to quit smoking until i heard about ecigs. Now a buddie of mine at work showed me his. it was a crappy n0 7 trial. it was a automatic bat, looks like a cig as one could, and vaped like crap. i was kinda peeved cuz the thing cost about 18 bucks and didnt evan last me threw the night before the battery died on me and you cant recharge the trials. i didnt give up on the idea though. it was allmost to good to be true if i could only find one that worked. well after researching on the web i watched a few videos and i found my way to this forum. thees guys are great, give you all the information you could ever want, and Christopher ( The Founder ) has alot of Videos on how to use your Ecig that are invaluble. I went ahead and took the plunge and got me a 510 kit in. dude i tell you its awsome. I, like you, was a bit turned off about the press to use button, but when I learned that you could direct drip with them without having to worrie about leaks it was fine. to be honest the 510's push button is so small i just use one of my fingers that holds the 510 up to my mouth to activate it so you cant evan tell there is one. The 510 has great vapor and throat hit. i wouldnt be using the thing if it couldnt simulate the smoking expirance, and I havent used a reg analog cig in 2 weeks. there are better kits available with longer lasting battery life and what not, but from what i can tell, looks are allmost more important then how it works for you, lol. So I would deffinalty vote the 510. anouther thing that i like about the manual button is i push it a sec b4 i actualy start vaping to warm up the atty that way when i drag on it i get full vaping action as aposed to waisting my airspan not getting full vapor. I went ahead and orderd me a 5v passthrough. wich is somehting that uses your pc's usb port to power the Ecig. of course the thing messed up one of my atties somehow and Chris here at vapertalk went ahead and sent me 2 band new ones free of charge. the customer service is amazing here, plus if you order threw vapertalk they will give you a free 10ml bottle of E-juice. Cant beat it man.

And on a closing note. not sure if you were a menthal smoker or not but if you were you got to try out the mentha here man. its awsome, I used my free bottle for mentha and ran out and got me a few different menthals localy and man... i miss mentha! lol no one has menthal that tastes as good as there junk lol . Anyways goodluck man and hope you find what your looking for!

So have you decided, or have we (meaning me) confused you more?

As I read through the thread I was just really getting the idea you want something that looked like a cigarette and had an auto battery regardless of the caution against it. I think for around $25 you could probably pick up a USB charger, battery and atomizer, maybe some carts and juice for another $10 so you can try it out. I plan on getting an auto battery for someone next week, they're getting a manual 510 lend from me tomorrow, but they were thinking the same thing as you. They want to drag on it like a cig. Later on tonight I'll be shopping for it so I'll post if I find something decent. I will be looking for a 510 auto. Reason being many folks move to the 510 fitting manual battery from whatever they start with, so you may as well not have the charger, attys and carts go to waste.

Does it have to be white with a tan filter? ;-)

No :p I'm actually specifically looking for a matte black with the blue led.

I'm currently looking for a 510 set with a nice looking PCC, but am torn now between automatic and manual. Maybe one of both to start? I want to try dripping from the start, screw cartridges.

Sidenote: Has anyone tried the Revolver? What is the model number on the Revolver and Revolver Gemini?

if you want blue leds you could hit up volcano ecigs, talk to a rep and order a kit with blue led auto batteries and even add some manuals in w/e color you want.

i advise them ONLY because there atomizers are better than ejoy or the ones that TW sell. also they tell you in their info what it is that you're buying and if you still have questions, theres a forum with users on it all day.

Edited by Jolly

I'm currently looking for a 510 set with a nice looking PCC, but am torn now between automatic and manual. Maybe one of both to start? I want to try dripping from the start, screw cartridges.

http://www.vaporgalaxy.com/510-Starter-Kit-Black-W-Blue-LED-J510SKITBLK.htm

I think on sale for a few more days and maybe coupon VTALK will get you 10% off. Has one auto and one manual battery. Run by Luke who posts in the suppliers section. Just check the length of the 510 with an atty and cart (still needed even for dripping). I measured it at almost 4.5 inches. I think you were looking for more of a regular cigarette size. Not sure if that changed.

Forgot to add PCC is separate, about $20 and they are still ugly. I tried to find nice ones a while ago and struck out. Will try again maybe.

You were asking about the revolver? Check this out...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/video-reviews/42628-video-review-revolver-elite-e-cig-pcc.html

Watch the video, guy is a trip. People talking about it in the thread as well. If I find a decent 510 PCC I'll post back.

Edited by FTJoe

The Black PCC really isn't too bad. boring, but I think looks nicer than the silver ones. I have over the last year--black, blue (looks kinda purple in real life) and the red (kinda pink). The black at least will match the black matte 510....

No :p I'm actually specifically looking for a matte black with the blue led.

Sidenote: Has anyone tried the Revolver? What is the model number on the Revolver and Revolver Gemini?

This thread pretty much sums it up well: http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/6541-manual-vs-automatic-pros-and-cons/

• 2 weeks later...

Jolly's suggestion is a good one, his volcano also came with a PCC that was black and red and it looked awesome. It is a version of the joye 510, and seems like a good one. Also looks just like it :)

Other than that, 510 joye kit you can really find some cheap ones out there now. They used to be around 50 bux, but I've seen em as low as 45 now, and im sure theres even cheaper. Hope ya get what youre looking for :)