Does Nicotine Get Old

They say nic has a shelf life of about two years. Keep stored in cool dry place and avoid exposure to direct sunlight. I've got juice over 6 months old and it still has a good throat hit, so I'm assuming the nic is still good.

Yea, everything I have read has been about 2 years. I have some that is probably older than 6 months that is still good. I keep mine in the fridge--cool, dark (and out of the way). I have commandeered the bottom drawer (yes, the whole drawer)

I agree with Ben that the flavor may go bad after a while. I had a bottle of Rath Waffle that I was saving for a couple months that was REALLY good in the beginning, but ended up throwing it out because it tasted horrible after sitting for so long.

Does nicotine get old and weak (like me) with age? I have some that is at least 6 months old that's been stored at room temperature....

Hoosier Mama

Chinese liquid has a shelf life of about 2 years but I'd stick with 1 year. Your liquid should be kept in a cool dark place at around 70-75 degrees. Temprature more than anything will kill e-liquid. Can't be to hot or cold. :)

Just a helpful reminder for all: don't leave your juice out in the car with this hot weather, I don't think no one wants to vape simmering juice xD

I never had a problem with juice going bad since I practically vape everything in stock before the month is up, or at least til the end of next month

Hm. I've never had this problem, with either premixed liquid, flavoring or with nic. I guess I'm just charmed. :) Actually, I keep the temp around 73 degrees all the time and keep everything stored out of light, so it's in its best possible environment. I have quite a supply of stuff now though, so we'll see how it goes over the next couple of years...

Until now I haven't had any for very long. I stocked up on some Tasty Vapor last December and it was good until I finally ran out a couple of weeks ago, but that's the longest I've had any sitting around. I did buy enough plain nic juice to last about two years, but it will take a while to find out how it does. I also keep mine out of the light and in a cool place - not the refrigerator though.

alot of it comes down to the impurities and solvents in the nicotine. and same goes for whatever is mixed in with it for flavor etc. VG does not like heat so storing in a decent climate is best. I get 5 gallon buckets of pg/vg and the manufacturer sheet on it states 72-74 degrees and limited exposure to oxygen.

The nicotine manufacturer pretty much states the same but also sets exposure to direct sunlight minimums too.

FlavoourART condensed has a minimum 2 year shelf life under decent conditions, like keeping it in your pantry.

As a mixer of gallons of all of this stuff i can tell you, exposure to oxygen is one of the keys. The nicotine needs a little exposure to oxygen as possible.

The stuff I deal with is only .02 percent impurities so there is very little in there left to go bad, but even at this level of purity if exposed to too much oxygen it will start to change color.

heat and oxygen are your enemies. Light is not such a big deal but if you are storing stuff for long term cool dry place is the best.

That makes me feel good, because I intuitively stored the large quantity of nic I bought in multiple much smaller bottles. I figured that way the only exposure the nic would get to atmosphere was pouring into the bottles - until I open one to use it anyway. I'm hoping it'll keep two+ years this way too. I store it in a closet by the central air duct, all packed in a box. :) I'm about halfway through the first 4 oz bottle ~two months into it.

That makes me feel good, because I intuitively stored the large quantity of nic I bought in multiple much smaller bottles. I figured that way the only exposure the nic would get to atmosphere was pouring into the bottles - until I open one to use it anyway. I'm hoping it'll keep two+ years this way too. I store it in a closet by the central air duct, all packed in a box. :) I'm about halfway through the first 4 oz bottle ~two months into it.

the only time oxygen plays a real part is when you go to 100mg/ml or higher. we deal with 500mg/ml and higher all the time. just keep it out of real high heat and you will be fine. even if you have it in your purse on a hot day the only thing it will do is alter the color a bit and not the chemical content. you are right about expose your nic condensed to air for a limited time, but the only thing it will do if you leave it opened overnight is change color for the darker, it won't change the level or affect the taste. keeping it in the fridge? no real reason for that. in the end it creates condensation in the bottle from the left over solvents and moisture. just keep it out of sun and in the house. you will be fine :)

David