Nuck Fist Pack V3

TWolf

Just received my Fist Pack today. (SX Model 4.3 to 5 volts) I posted this review in a discussion of 5v devices in another section, but wanted to share it here as well. Here are my initial thoughts....

I don't have large hands, but it fits nicely in my palm. Really it's similar in size to my cell phone if a wee bit thicker. It didn't take long though to get comfortable with it, even driving a stick shift.

I've been mainly using an eGo with the occasional LR atty, so I'm loving the additional kick the Fist Pack is delivering consistently. At every setting, it packs a whallop every time. I also love the ability to easily switch from one voltage to the other without any guess work.

Like the eGo, I'm getting a consistent "fresh battery" type of hit each time. Unlike the eGo, the Fist Pack has a test button to let me know when it needs an additional charge so I'm never caught unawares. Since the battery will last me a couple of days and can also be used as a passthru while charging, the eGo is now going to be strictly a backup device I do believe.

I'm extremely impressed with the quality of the mod too. The look and feel are classy and sleek, unlike some of the mods out there. The finish is flawless. The switch itself moves with a sure and solid click into each position. The button action is smooth. Nuck obviously made this mod to last.

Overall I feel that this was money well spent. I'm confident that I'll be using the Fist Pack for a long time to come without any worries.

Always have my Canon handy! Took a pic next to my eGo for reference. You'll have to excuse the chipped up cone of the eGo. It's survived a couple of drops. The Fist Pack is threaded for 510 and both are shown with drip tip attached ready to go!

IMG_1140.JPG

For those unfamiliar with the Fist Pack.. On the side at the top is the switch used for changing voltage, the USB connection for charging / passthru is in the middle and the test button for the battery is at the bottom. There are 4 voltage settings on this model (4.3 to 5 volts).

Edited: To add info on the functions

Edited by TWolf

Very nice unit, I actually had it on my list of b-day possibilities until I seen the $200 price tag! Too rich for my blood. There's plenty of very comparable units for much less.

I agree that it's not cheap. But the instructions are open source for anyone with the talent in modding. For myself, I wanted quality, reliability, and durability for my money. There are comparable units, but many seem to have issues / bugs still to be worked out or are just too complicated for me to want to fool with. I didn't want to worry with batteries or screwdrivers or needing a meter to see what voltage I was using. Part of that comes from knowing my own needs and limits after all these years.

You place your bets and take your chances though. I'm just betting the Fist Pack keeps on chugging along reliably long enough for me to feel good about the expenditure.

I've had the instructions saved for a long time and thought about giving it a go some day. If I recall correclty, you'll have to spend about $60 or $70 for parts. The instruction are very detailed... Nuck did a nice job on them. I really do like it, but I'm with Bigjim... just could't bring myself to pay $200 for it. Looks like you got yours just in time... I was looking at the website and he's sold out.

Just in time is right... Heard that Nuck decided to take off for summer vacation with his kids. I understand that he'll be open for business again Sept 1st.

I figure that I would have spent that much on analogs in roughly 3 weeks (2+ packs a day). So it won't take long for me to feel that I've gotten a good return for my money. (Ok... so maybe I'm justifying but according to the spreadsheet I keep on my ecig expenses vs. analogs I'm still way in the black and feeling good about it. :thumbsup:)

LOL! I've used that same reasoning, but I'm way in the red at the moment. However, I've got enough stuff that if I didn't buy anything else I could probably go 2-3 years with what I have.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines